Power Couples!

Make a Gif

tumblr

We Heart It

Pinterest

Soompi
So OK - Not a Couple - But their BROMANCE was my reason for life and making this my #1 Kdrama - their relationship was so COMPLEX and DEEP and their friendship spanned time and betrayal - I loved these two - and still do

3 Likes

The second one! hahahaha

2 Likes

I love the 4th one in the press conference when Gong Yoo looked deeply into Lee Dong Wook’s eyes like he was going to kiss him - darn it but it looks so sexy and real - that’s why they are GREAT actors.! I’m starting to think it would be awful hard to date an actor because you would never know when they were pulling out their acting chops on you! Geez! Even cracked up the cast!

3 Likes

Let me tell you a story…
I have an addiction to Asian dramas, that much is clear. More than that, though, I have an addiction to watching people fall in love. I cannot get enough. So imagine the euphoria I felt when I found this endless new wellspring of love stories in dramaland. I never tire of them. It doesn’t matter if they are cheesy & cliche, or serious & deep, or funny or dark. I’m here for it.
My journey actually started through the loads of Filipino movies on Ntflx. In the Filipino film industry, they have this notion of ‘love teams’ where they pair up an actor and actress, and then these two star together in everything. My original and most favorite is Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla. They’ve been paired together professionally for 10 years and have worked on numerous projects together, but they’ve also been an off-screen couple for nearly as long. So they’re a real-life power couple but also one that you can watch fictionally fall in love time and time again in lots of movies. They’re so beautiful.

As far as Kdramas, my original power couple is BongBong and MinMin from Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. This used to be on Ntlfx, & that’s where I met & fell in love with them. When it left Ntflx, I was devastated because I would re-watch their love story ALL the time. So I went in search of them, and that is how I found my way to Viki. And the rest is history. I love them so much!

As for the rest, I have a collection for my all-time, most favorite couples that are on Viki. I basically have three tiers of OTPs (as I call them). This collection is reserved for the top-tier, most precious, can watch anytime anywhere.
https://www.viki.com/collections/2997122l-my-precious-cupcake-angel-babies

4 Likes

My start was the same as you, I started with Filipino movies on Netflix, then Chinese dramas, and after that Korean Dramas. I have to recognize that I’m still in love with Filipino movies, the way I fall in love with them haha:
maxresdefault

AAAABZ6SPjLsGLoEnrBWQowSs3mcrFajgt79kZqO_tIpxKB6dp5sHylr04TNTAZxvIjE3KPnxfSRoWkHDfhjD9A0lFLDEf4p

3 Likes

How can you not be? They’re great!

3 Likes

These are just beautiful people - how can they be so gorgeous!
I was addicted to HALLMARK (lame) until I found all these beautiful stories!
Addiction to constantly falling in love - I totally understand! As a hopeless Romantic!
I have always been - from reading Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice as a teen.

4 Likes

Aren’t they ridiculously good looking?

I still watch Hallmark. It’s the only American thing I still watch. In fact, even when I’m watching dramas on my laptop or tablet, Hallmark (or a sporting event) is still on the TV in the background.

I was a ‘shipper’ way before that term even existed - as far back as I can remember both while reading books or watching TV. I was always rooting for the couples. It’s deep, deep within my blood.

4 Likes

Yes! I wished for more skinship, but the drama as a whole was pretty entertaining, so I didn’t really mind.

AHHHHHH I LOVE THEMMMMM!! I love how strong Song Ma Rin is. There’s no one on earth who could be with that crazy guy other than her. And our crazy guy was the only one for our girl. I loveeeee how he instantly gets angry when anyone calls her “Bap Soon” :joy: and the way he is always her knight in shining armor— but only when she isn’t looking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy: I loved how both of them had to make certain choices on their own. I loved how they took care of each other well. The writers managed to make the drama HILARIOUS without having either of the two put the other down or make the other look stupid.

All right, I’m definitely swimming all over this one :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: what a wonderful name!

Me too!!! I just can’t help but wish for people to be together! :sweat_smile: Since I’m younger, I used to be addicted to Disney Channel and ABC’s Boy Meets World. I would watch almost anything and everything they produced! :joy: Austin and Ally were, to me, the first ever “power couple” I saw. I loved the way they complemented each other and were strong where the other was weak. Their friendship and then romance was so adorable to watch!!

2 Likes

Funny story: I had named that collection from the very beginning because it’s what I’ve always called my favorite OTPs. When I decided to go ahead and make it a public collection, I went in search of a cover photo. Just out of curiosity, not expecting at all to find anything, I did a search for ‘cupcake angel babies’, and wouldn’t you know that actual cupcake angel babies really exist! It felt like a miracle. LOL

2 Likes

I just went through it and I have loved every single one I’ve watched on that list!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We might really be twins :joy: I’m going to put everything on my already infinite list… but a lot of them are already there!

2 Likes

Nice. Great minds think alike. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

1 Like

I’m thinking of starting Thirty But Seventeen… :sweat_smile: I was afraid I might compare it with 18 Again but it looks like it’s a very different story, so I’ll take the plunge!

3 Likes

Go for it! I haven’t seen 18 Again, but from my understanding, they are not at all alike. Thirty But Seventeen is full of great characters, and it’s a fairly easy watch as far as angst level goes.

2 Likes

18 Again is the remake of Tom Hanks movie which I forgot the title but it was one of his best movie…they go back when they were teenagers (or only he does) I just know at older age they want to divorce… If anyone remembers the title help me out here. Such a great movie. I really loved it.

2 Likes

18 Again is a remake of Zac Efron’s movie 17 Again… I replied to you about the rest on the other thread^^

Two heart-throbs! :heart_eyes:
The main differences are the culture ones… in the movie, his daughter falls in love with him, in the drama, they just slowly become good friends. There are no rave parties or crass jokes, either. In the movie, his daughter is dating the school’s worst bully knowing full well that he bullies her brother. In the drama, she’s uninterested in dating even though two guys are after her(on of them is a bully who later reforms himself).

Why her storyline is different from most high school dramas

I really liked that she wasn’t the typical high school drama girl, she was so cool, levelheaded and strong. She didn’t easily fall for anyone just because of their grand romantic gestures. I’m glad the writers made her choose her sweet childhood friend instead of the bully. It’s a lesson for all high school drama writers.

The son didn’t have a very strong role in the movie, but he gets more of a role in the drama. He’s a very quiet, unsure, shy, nice guy who gets bullied because he’s so kind. I liked his character growth a lot.

The SML is a very nice person. Even he got lots of character development. I loved the fact that the writers make you love him without feeling much SLS. He is an independent character and doesn’t need the FL to show up, like in a lot of dramas.

Also, because it’s a South Korean drama, they have more time to explore lots and lots of family relationships and friendships. It’s very family-oriented.

2 Likes

I really enjoy that show, it’s really good!

1 Like

Let’s see what is your favorite pairing for some actors:

Tan Song Yun
t

• Jiang Chao (The Fox’s Summer)
  • Allen Ren (Under the Power)
  • Song Wei Long (Go Ahead)
  • Wallace Chung (The Sword and the Brocade)
  • Wang Kai (Flight to You)

0 voters

Lee Joon Gi
t

• Shin Min Ah (Arang and the Magistrate)
  • Lee Yoo Bi (The Scholar Who Walks the Night)
  • IU (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo)
  • Seo Ye Ji (Lawless Lawyer)
  • Moon Chae Won (Flower of Evil)

0 voters

Ji Chang Wook
t

• Ha Ji Won (Empress Ki)
  • Park Min Young (Healer)
  • Yoona (The K2)
  • Nam Ji Hyun (Suspicious Partner)
  • Won Jin Ah (Melting Me Softly)
  • Kim Yoo Jung (Backstreet Rookie)
  • Kim Ji Won (Lovestruck in the City)

0 voters

3 Likes

Even though Road Home is so boring and long-drawn, I have to say I LOVED Tang Song Yun’s chemistry with Jing Bo Ran. There was so much tension and spice, honestly, even though the plot went nowhere. They played high school lovers, separated lovers, and finally reunited lovers soooooo well it’s a shame the drama was so disappointing. I’ve put it on hold for now, but i do want to watch them together

1 Like

I agree, they’re a good match. I hope to see them together again because Road Home was indeed boring.

1 Like