Pray for Seoul

Everyone please pray for Seoul, South Korea tonight. They’re having dangerous flooding and need prayers for safety.:pray: I hope figure skater Cha Junhwan is safe and okay. Thanks for the prayers!:slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

just seen the news, wow, yes prayers going up!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

If you hadn’t opened this thread, I would not have known, are you there in Seoul? :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5: Thanks for letting us know, none of the Korean based channels I regularly check have posted. Already it’s been two days, flooding is making it’s way around the globe each year. Stateside, Kentucky was flooded this summer. @worthyromance, how is your recovery progressing?

4 Likes

No I don’t live in Seoul I’m not Korean I’m American but I have a favorite skater that lives in Seoul Cha Junhwan.

4 Likes

Thanks so much!:heart:

3 Likes
5 Likes

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Seoul and also with the families of those who have sadly passed away.:two_hearts:

4 Likes

Praying for better days ASAP!
Like such a day…

(PS: It’s an old gif from the internet, not a current one).

3 Likes

:pensive: It’s so sad to hear.

1 Like

Look at Pakistan, oh my goodness, it is just horrid. Hope other countries still have the ability to send help.

2 Likes

What a tragedy is happening in Seoul… as I’m reading the news I feel somewhat speechless and very sad for the people and families affected.
Celebration of Halloween going very bad :cold_sweat::sob::candle: :pray:t4:

Around 1977 I went to a concert and the entry was still blocked through barriers… People in the back were pushing and I got very worried and afraid because I felt very tight I and people where I was were calling to the crowd to stop pushing… crowds are at times dangerous!

4 Likes

I just got done reading an article about this. It’s so terrifying and tragic.

I have always had a problem with large crowds because I am only 5 feet tall, so crowds make me feel very claustrophobic. I’ve never dealt with anything this extreme, though. Everyone is just out, planning to have a good time and not expecting something this terrible to occur. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved.

5 Likes

I also have a phobia of crowds, I also am 5 ft, thoughts & prayers

4 Likes

Prayers for all those who have tragically lost their lives, as well as their family members and friends. As of now, there are at least 120 dead and around 100 injured.

Edit: 147 Dead, and around 150 injured

4 Likes

@angelight313_941 Strange you didn’t see these posts in this thread before creating a new thread…

@angelight313_941 I obviously tried to link your thread in here… it’d be better to post your posts in here to continue this thread and delete your new one…

1 Like

… are not if you read the thread! … perhaps read this to better understand not to clutter with same topics…
https://discussions.viki.com/guidelines

Latest news says 151 dead persons and 19 person of those are foreigners. The pictures of the aftermath look devastating :cold_sweat: Perhaps there should have been some organized security measurements before this event… but we know “but”. So sad… there are no words to comfort the bereaved of the deceased… :candle::pray:t4:

This isn’t the first time that crowds have had tragedies… often this happens at soccer games not long ago beginning of October it was in Indonesia, more than 100 dead from a stampede.

4 Likes

yes prayers going up. don’t they(anyone in different parts of the world) have a safety type thing, to prevent this type of thing happening?

1 Like

May the soul of the departed ones rest in perfect peace and my God give their friends and families the fortitude to bear this loss. This is so sad. We are Praying with you and for you South Korea.

2 Likes