Problem with images

I can’t see images on discussions :smiling_face_with_tear:
The Viki is unaffected, all the sites are unaffected, just the Discussions have this problem

When someone upoads an image, I don’t see it
It looks like that for example

Loooooool, I can’t even see, what I’m uploading :smiling_face_with_tear:

Is it only me?
I’ve already closed/open/relogged and it didn’t help. Thinking about restarting the PC, if it doesn’t improve.

2 Likes

hello-golden-flower-glitter

Seems to work fine over here… :thinking:

3 Likes

We can see your uploaded picture. Which means there is something wrong with how your browser reads image files on Discussions.

You know what the automatic response would be from Viki? “Please try logging out, deleting all Discussion cookies, restarting the browser and logging back into Viki (Discussions).” :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Idk about browser, tried the edge, the same thing happens

I will try different things too

2 Likes

I hope you’ve managed to resolve your “problem” with images.

As for me, I have no problems with seeing images here or anywhere on Viki/the net.
My “problem” which I’ve just discovered, is that some PMs are “empty” (tried refreshing the inbox page to no avail) when there should be messages (yup, not imagining cos I’ve read them the day(s) before). I wonder what happened? Can one delete a PM that was sent? Or did Viki delete it on the quiet? Or is it another glitch?

I know I can’t delete a sent message. I can leave the message thread/conversation by deleting the conversation.

Summary

Anyone else?

1 Like

The only “deleted” messages I’ve ever seen on VikiMail were still sort of visible but you couldn’t normally read them.
I think what you are facing is some technical issue.

3 Likes

Check your site permissions:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
  2. Click the three-horizontal dots to open the menu, and select Settings option with a gear-shaped icon in front of it.
  3. When the Settings window opens, click on the ‘Cookies and site permissions’ option from the left column.
  4. Then scroll down to click on Images in the right-hand pane.
2 Likes

If you can still see the PM in the left panel, then it has not been deleted. It seems that your browser is having trouble with getting the content of the PM.

Try doing what Bozoli recommended:

If it still doesn’t work, I would recommend to delete old PMs.

2 Likes

If you have Windows 10 perhaps it needs an update… it could be something with expired certificate or whatever… same could be with IOS apple software… same is with browsers nowadays…

There are so often new updates for security reasons and other reasons, which makes older software incompatible with websites etc… it’s a never ending nightmare… since it requires storage…

4 Likes

@mas4 Thank you for your tips.

I believe it isn’t the scenario you mentioned. If the browser is glitchy, then the entire PM or not any PM would be visible, right? That PM on the left panel is visible because only my replies exist, while the senders’ messages are all gone, like “disappeared in thin air,” or…?
As far as I know, even if we wanted to, we can’t erase/delete our replies or PMs already sent. Or am I mistaken? I’m also fully aware we are not the only ones who have access to our inboxes…

1 Like

Perhaps another glitch? I’ll let it fix itself then. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

It suddenly fixed itself without me doing anything :partying_face:

6 Likes

It’s still glitching, I’ve this problem. Perhaps, they are censoring, or debugging picture uploads? :thought_balloon:

1 Like