Projetos abandonados - O que fazer?

Oi pessoal, sou nova na comunidade de tradução, comecei este ano, e comecei a ajudar justamente porque estava vendo um drama e pararam de traduzir, já tinha tradução de vários episódios para outras línguas, tentei na época contato com os moderadores e não tive resposta nenhuma, vi que esse e outros, principalmente dramas chineses, ainda estão nessa situação, não sei se o moderador assumiu outros dramas e esqueceu deles ou simplesmente abandonaram. Eu gostaria de saber o que é possível fazer nessa situação, apesar de ver os dramas com a legenda em inglês fico incomodada com o pessoal que depende da legenda.

Sorry, I will answer in English to this one because I think it’s really an important problem.

If you see an abandoned project in your own language:

1. Contact your language’s moderator on that project and ask if she/he would put you up as a subtitler to finish the project.

2. If the moderator does not respond after 2 tries within two weeks, contact the channel manager or English language editors to be put either as a subititler or moderator for your language. (Note: only persons with enough experience in subtitling can become moderators.)

3. If none of the persons above respond after two emails, send a request to the Viki directly by following this link:

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Choose category Subtitling Tools, since it’s the closest to the problem you have.

If the language moderator rejects your offer and there has been no activity on the project in the last for example 6 months, contact the CM of the project. Moderators should be accountable to finish their own projects.

9 Likes

Your response will be very useful to me and others who want help with these dramas. As I said, I see some dramas with the incomplete subtitles and reading comments area, the last episode with portuguese subtitles is 3, 4 months ago.
I’ll try, again, send message to moderators asking about to put me as subtitler, and if they not response, I’ll send message to CM ou editors. Thanks!