QC gifts 2021 - sender email valid?

@angelight313_168
I am 26 years old. I don’t want a war, I am against this war. You are right, there is only one life. I don’t want to live my life that way. I have with me only documents, including for going abroad, a diploma (I have Master degree in law), some savings and only two sets of clothes. Now I am with my mother, brother and his girlfriend and two our cats. I just contacted my friend, she has been at the border for almost 24 hours, the queues moves very slowly. We have a curfew from 10 pm till 6 am.
But I am proud of my country, our army, which gives a decent rebuff to the enemy. Our government has opened an account to help the Ukrainian army, we have collected 300 million UAH (approximately 10 million USD) in the first day.

10 Likes

@oliweiqq
Thanks for the information! Now I’m really thinking about going abroad. But the frightening thing is that we don’t know how long it will last. The war in the eastern part of Ukraine and the occupation of Crimea began in 2014. It has been 8 years. We will have to find a job, but we hardly speak Polish. We understand that the Polish government will not be able to keep us for long, there will definitely be many of us, so we are worried about what will happen next, how we will live. But you are all right, we must flee while the borders are open.

5 Likes

I don’t know, if it will be helpful, but it’s always some sort of information:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/683793819641997
There are people, who can help with transport, legal issues, housing etc in Poland and also some contact informations of people from official goverment centers.
It’s a really difficult situation and I can’t even imagine, what you feel right now…

6 Likes

@zyxw
Thank you very much for the link! In Ukraine there is a saying “A friend in need is a friend indeed.” Thank you for supporting us and not leaving us in trouble!

6 Likes

@irene06
It is said that 35.000 refugees made it to Poland. Poland said it could take 50.000 people each day. I read about the long wait at the border, but don’t think this will change for now. I guess it requires a lot of patience and stamina.
So take care of you and your family to stay healthy, everything else comes second. Germany makes preparing too to take refugees in, and so do many other countries it seems.

7 Likes

Maybe Poland changed the immigration rules for Ukrainians? I know The Netherlands did. You now can get in without a visa and you can stay at least 90 days or 180 days without problems when needed. You don’t get a special refugee status other refugees get at this point. And they are preparing shelters. No idea if you are allowed to work during those days. In The Netherlands many people can speak English, specially the younger generation. So that won’t really be an issue if your English speech is decent.

7 Likes

@lutra
I have subscribed to several chats in Telegram about the situation at the borders, so I know information about the queues. But I didn’t know that so many people were able to flee. We are told that we need to bring enough food, because the queues at the border are huge. Our shops and supermarkets are almost empty. There is no gasoline at gas stations at all.

@dudie The immigration rules have really changed. Previously, a biometric passport, insurance, vaccine certificate and negative PCR test were required to cross the border (I have all of this exept negative PCR test). Now even an internal Ukrainian passport, which is only in Ukrainian, is enough. Ukraine has a visa-free agreement, we do not need a visa to EU countries if we stay no more than 90 days in the last 180 days. I was in the Netherlands in October 2021, I was in Amsterdam, Delft, Rotterdam, The Hague and other cities. I traveled from Ukraine through Hungary, Austria and Germany to the Netherlands. Everyone I spoke to in the Netherlands knew English, including shopkeepers, shop assistants in markets.

7 Likes

@irene06
I hope we can stay in contact. However, think about your “lifeline - your cell phone”, try to lessen its use of energy. When you are in the cold, hold it as warm and dry as possible. Later when you are at the border you might not have the chance to charge it right away.
Good luck, and it’s good that you could travel in these countries before. My thoughts are with you all.

8 Likes

@irene06 All good suggestions from @lutra. I’ll add that if you have any power bricks, now is the time to charge them and take them with you. They will help you get through any periods when you don’t have access to charging. Also, having energy (food) bars with you may help sustain you if there are long waits in the queue. I wish you the very best under the circumstances. Stay safe. May the courageous fighters of your nation prevail in securing your freedom and independence.

8 Likes

@lutra @dasfl49
Thanks! I still have access to electricity, so I can charge my phone. I also have a 20,000 mAh powerbank. Our government assures that the Internet and mobile communications will not be disconnected. Our Ukrainian mobile providers have charged us free minutes for calls and free internet. So I stay in touch. I also heard that foreign mobile providers have canceled payments for calls to Ukraine. We have list of this countries: Canada, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, Slovakia, Northern Macedonia, Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina. I saw posts of people from Poland and Romania helping our people at the border, giving food, helping with housing, clothes and other necessary things. We really appreciate your help!

7 Likes

I’ve created a new thread for Ukrainian related discussion so we don’t have to use this unrelated thread.

9 Likes

@dasfl49

Summary

For many years now they have been sending us pamphlets with information on what supplies to have in case of an emergency, and how to have a escape plan between you and your family in case you are in different areas and an attack should happen. They mention to appoint a spot where all we should meet from wherever we may be. At work, at school, shopping etc.

My daughter who lives in Florida has a car fully supplied with food and essential, and they bought this satellite phone they keep with them at all time. My daughter send me this light bulbs that with daylight charges, and lights up the whole house for at least 12 hours. My brother in law bought me a flash light that charges itself, and is suppose to light up for 20 years. I have canned goods/ food that I keep checking the expiration day and, replace as needed to. Since September 11, 2001 we have lived waiting for the next attack, for the next war, and although we don’t live in fear, we do live in full alert all the time. I would never hesitate to move on to another safe place bc sitting in a place that is being attacked is the same thing as a sitting Duck in the lake leisurely moving around as the hunter is aiming his gun at him to kill him.

Yesterday, I saw in the news an elderly man and his elderly wife bleeding, and all bandaged up, but lucky to have survived. They had refused to leave their home, and 4 family members died during the attack. Their home ( white building) is in ruins now. They were lucky that they survived. That’s the reason why I suggest if we have a country that open their arms to us, let’s go. At one point those borders will be close, and not because they don’t want to help us, but because they have no other choice.

These days of wars has been predicted since I was a little girl myself, and is here and now. During September 11, 2001 I had a prophetic dream. I was shown a Book and I believe it was the Book Of Life. As the Book was shown to me I heard these THUNDERING voice saying: ''This is the beginning of the END to come. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON US ALL.

1 Like

So many times the correct path link for this topic has been posted, please continue on the correct topic link, this is the QC GIFTS 2021 topic… I hope this makes sense now…

This is for all contributors please use the appropriate topic path!

Thank you ahjumma for the link you made! I thought the discussion would die off but folks still can’t read… :hushed::thinking::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

(Going back to the topic of QC gifts 2021)

Did anyone in the Netherlands receive their package yet? :thinking: I still don’t see it in my Postnl :sweat_smile:

@dudie @fabienneodding

5 Likes

No, not yet, still just in the postnl app, without information there when it will arive

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for letting me know :blush:

1 Like

Die van mij staat al minstens een week of 2 op “bezorgtijd onbekend”. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Ik vind het echt wel vreemd dat ik het niet zie… Misschien staan er al te veel pakketjes op :joy:
Ach ja, geef maar een seintje als jullie hem krijgen :grin:

1 Like

Not from Netherland but from Europe. I have also not received it. I got a tracking number like 10 days ago but seems like for me its not been shipped out to delivery place.

2 Likes

Zal ik doen. :slight_smile:

1 Like