QC gifts 2021 - sender email valid?

Hello! I got an email from an address support@brilliantmade.com saying I should give my postal address for the QC gift. I’m suspicious of scam emails so i want to make sure this is valid, because there was no note from Viki beforehand and the email address is not associated with Viki. Thanks a lot in advance

7 Likes

Yes the email is valid Viki already informed us in the last newsletter that the qc gift mail would come via this e-mail adress.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I have not gotten such a newsletter. Thank you for the info.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20220120-231504_GMX%20Mail
Here is a screenshot of the part about the qc gift.

8 Likes

GOOD NEWS!
I hope you got this notification by e- mail. I already got mine so I guess they DO appreciate the work we do!

Thu, Jan 20 at 2:44 PM

Hey there Angelight313 168,

Thank you so much for all your contributions in 2021!

As a token of our appreciation, we’d like to send you something special. Please follow the link below to input your information. (they have a link to input your information but I’m not adding that here).

It’s legit bc the link sends you here:

3 Likes

I was thinking… maybe the newsletter only goes out to those who have indicated in their settings that they want it. Maybe your setting is turned off.
To check, try this:

• Get into your main Rakuten Viki account (where you watch shows, not where you post in Discussions)
  • Click on your picture in the upper right corner.
  • Click on Subscriptions & Settings from the dropdown list.
  • Scroll down to the third topic (Manage Notifications)
  • Beside the Newsletters topic, slide the little button over to indicate that you DO want to receive those.

I don’t know if that’ll help in the future but it might be worth a shot. :nerd_face: Then you can stay up to speed with the latest tidbits of Viki news!

7 Likes

Hi, maybe that’s slightly offtopic, but since we’re talking about the QC gifts…
Do you know how the shipment works? Would this thing arrive at the post office or it would be send to my flat? How long would it take?
Most of the time I don’t use services like that, because I have had a really bad experience with it, it only makes me annoyed, as there are “some difficulties”, you could say, with that.
Do you know if there could be a possibility to use something like that: https://inpost.pl/en ? Or something simmilar?

4 Likes

The package will be delivered to the address you put in, so if you put the address of your flat, then it will be delivered there.

When it’ll arrive will depend on when it’s actually sent.

5 Likes

I think it said shipment will start in February. As how long it takes that depends on where you’re located. Or even if there are maybe problems with customs or not. You never know.

4 Likes

Also, does anyone know do we have to pay for the shipping? It’s my first year receiving a physical gift so I’m really clueless:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

They will send us Viki merchandise, i think.
Can anyone give me info about the gifts?

2 Likes

I can only speak for former years, and they rarely disclosed the gifts, so until the first ones got theirs we were playing guessing games. I still would’ve liked the donation option, but well we will see if I am home when it gets delivered, or fast enough at the door, that might be my bigger problem.
In former years, we got t-shirts, tote bags, stickers, gift cards, lipstick, headphones, … not all at ones. :wink:
I know of no case where someone had to pay for the delivery, but I once got mail from them that made a detour through Africa. LOL :rofl:

10 Likes

Hahahah now we are playing it, thanks for the information!! :heart:

5 Likes

Thank you all, I’m relieved. I also got the e-mail and came here because I didn’t dare to open the link. I remember there was a poll about the gifts few weeks (maybe months) ago, so I still thought it could be a valid opportunity…

3 Likes

If they were doing the gift card link, why would they ask for our address? If we were getting the gift card link, they would only ask for the email that they have to send it to, not our address. So I think that we will be getting something by mail, also because after you fill in the form it says that they will ship in february

4 Likes

As of what I have gathered here from other threads on discussions, when they asked the volunteers in firmer years after their physical address, some kind of goodie was sent out.

Also I don’t think Viki will have to pay the same shipping prices as a “normal” person would have to.

And I can’t seem to understand what you mean what the hassel should be. Because since the pandamic started the shipment of purchased goods went up and I nevere heard of some extra kind of hassel for the sender. Maybe the shipping agency because they suddenly more manpower was needed.

4 Likes

fabienneoddingIf they were doing the gift card link, why would they ask for our address?

Well, I think is a formality? I remember they asked for my address in the past, and I gave them my address, but they gave links through the e-mail with the gift card instead.

someoflizAnd I can’t seem to understand what you mean what the hassel should be. Because since the pandamic started the shipment of purchased goods went up and I nevere heard of some extra kind of hassel for the sender. Maybe the shipping agency because they suddenly more manpower was needed.

I guess you didn’t noticed that you answered your own question.

The hassle of paying MORE money for shipping stuff.

I paid $8 for shipping for a figurine that cost me only $8 dollars. But it was what my granddaughter wanted so I didn’t mind paying the extra 8 dollars to have it shipped to flda. Before the pandemic I could have send that figurine for FREE to my granddaughter. No Cost.

So Imagine adding shipping cost for all the gift sent to volunteers here when now they add extra money charges depending on the weight of the merchandise sent by the sender (RVIKI in this case).

2 Likes

Hello,

Confirming that this is from us!

For the 2021 QC Gift we will be shipping gift items, and will not be doing digital gift cards.

All qualifying QCs for 2021 will receive a separate email to their Viki-registered email address (so same email you get emails from Viki). You can expect the email by end of the week, Jan. 23rd. There, you can fill out your mailing address info! Most qualifying recipients can expect their gift to be delivered in February 2021. Please note that the form closes February 4.

What to Look For:

Qualifying 2021 QC Gift recipients will receive an email with the subject line: Your QC Gift 2021 from Viki. The sender will be shown as Rakuten Viki via Brilliant. Rest assured, it’s not spam – that’s us! :kissing_heart: The email will open to a page that looks like the one below:

PG1_resize.png

Here’s what the email looks like as well:

Subject line:
Subject%20Line

Email body (copy may slightly differ, and it should have your username):
Email%20Body

Hope this helps!

Viki Community Team

15 Likes

I was very surprised they really want to send us something again this year. The last few years have been giftcards from yesstyle or a voucher you could choose yourself. Hopefully it all goes smoothly for them.

7 Likes

thank you for the info.

1 Like