Qualified Contributor?

Hey everyone…
How do i become a QC? i already subbed 3000 subtitles… but how do i apply? i tried the help center, but didn’t really know what to write…
Anybody who can help me? :slight_smile: please?

As an advice try to apply when you have a little bit more than exactly 3000. Why? Because as It says is an application so you don’t want to look like you are just subbing to get a number, if you know what I mean. “QC status is granted by Viki staff. To apply or re-apply for QC status, please send us a message through the Viki Help Center, telling us why you’d make a great QC. Make sure to include any language skills that you have, or mention projects that you are especially keen to work on! You’re also welcome to nominate a fellow community member for QC status”
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=890 This is the link for the QC contributor request you have to fill it out. Remember that the QC does also has to be maintained so you have to continue subbing or the QC will be removed after a while.

2 Likes

Okay ^^ thanks so much for the advice! xD i really appreciate it! @niennavalar

I recently got my QC status not too long ago. Basically in your note just put why you think you should be granted QC status. I also put how many subs I have, and what I look forward to achieve as a QC etc. It’s nothing to overthink about. Just be sincere about why you want QC.

2 Likes

Oh ok ^^^Thank you!!! <3 <3 @JPEEZY

1 Like

keep subbing :slight_smile: Dont just stop at 3000 subs.
I subbed for 1 drama and without I realised it, by the time I finished subbing that drama, it was about 15 thousands subs.
Not long after that, I received a message from 1 of viki admins, congratulating me for getting my QC status.
It surprised me because I didnt even send them any note!
But because of the amount I have subbed, they granted it to me.
I even asked my Channel Manager, I thought she recommended me but no, she didnt send any note either.
So this is my personal experience. Others might be different.
But I think the point is still the same: keep subbing/segmenting, dont just stop at the minimal amount required to get the QC status.
All the best! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But remember to keep subbing as other people has mentioned. If you aren’t active for a while, your QC status will be revoked. You can lose it if you stop subbing.

1 Like

When you apply for the QC status how long does it usually take for them to reply?

Give them 3 or 4 days at the most but normally is less than that, this days are faster but they will definitely reply you.

1 Like

alrighty. Thanks so much! im actually excited to meet a whole bunch of new people on viki here.

1 Like

Thank you~~ @auroratasya <3 Of course haha xD @JPEEZY

2 Likes

It took them a day and a half to give me QC. You will get a pop up that says you’ve been granted QC. You will also get an email notification. :slight_smile:

Will they notify me if I don’t get the status?

Yes! You’ll get a message after we go through your application! Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

I got a QC status fairly quickly after applying and I am able to see it in my profile. I also have access to 720p and no ads during videos. However, I am not able to watch series that are not licensed to my region. Isn’t a QC able to watch all series?

I am asking this because I mainly wish to help translating japanese series and there are almost none in my region.

Is the worldwide viewing something that unlocks later?

1 Like

@Ematan Depends… with QC status you are able to watch most series but there are a few you are not able to watch… if they have a QC worldwide license you should be able to watch them…if not contact the help center and if you can’t find whether it was a QC worldwide license you can contact the help center too.

If it’s a fanchannel you can’t watch then it has nothing to do with Viki but restrictions on the source video’s on YT/Dailymotion.

1 Like

I am not able to watch drama that has “available to QC’s worldwide” text in them. Like Doctor X or Marry him if you dare. Oh well, I’ll send a message to support :slight_smile:

1 Like