Quarantine recipe recommendations?

going to try & make cinnamon rolls today!

and heres another one
. 2 cans of Cinnamon rolls quartered, 1 can apple pie filling, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans mixed together in a bowl. Pour in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Cinnamon roll icing for the topping when it comes out of the oven… Bake at 350 for 45 minutes…

1 Like

sounds delish, Enjoy!

I saw a young Chef on a Food Channel making OCTOPUS with curry sweet and spicy sauce. All of a sudden octopus has a comeback since meat is so expensive. BTW the guy used can octopus for his recipe. Ugh I didn’t know they sell canned octopus.

1 Like

They do but it’s only good for stews and things. You can taste the can otherwise. Fresh or fresh/frozen is better if you can get it.

2 Likes

heres one , I gotta try and y’know, those cakes that substitute stuff, like apple sauce and al, I think I am going to find the recipes and make them, but heres one that does sound good. find the recipe for 7-up cake and the like.

7-Up Biscuits!

These are excellent!!! So easy and soooo good! Recipe is hard to find so here it is:

Ingredients
4 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 cup 7-up

heres the rest!

Mix bisquick, sour cream and 7 up. Dough will be very soft – don’t worry Knead and fold dough until coated with your baking mix. Pat dough out and cut biscuits using a round biscuit / cookie cutter. Melt butter in bottom of cookie sheet pan or 9×13 casserole dish. Place biscuits on top of melted butter and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown at 425 degrees

2 Likes

In Mystic Pop up Bar the guy is making Korean stir fried octopus and he’s squeezing the poor thing: like he’s twisting a rope. I got nauseous! hahahaha

Another quarantine recipe

Salmon
Stir fry vegetables
Baked potato in microwave
Salt and Pepper

Cook stir fry vegetables until golden color and set aside. Cook salmon 9 minutes each side. Put potato on microwave to cook (follow instructions in microwave). In a large plate cut cooked potato in half on top of potato add stir fry veggies and salmon in top. Add salt and Pepper to taste… u will need fork and knife to enjoy every piece.

1 Like

Has anyone tried making donuts or cinnamon rolls? I found the recipe for both of them. They came out delicious. My family loved them and my siblings demanded to make more.

2 Likes

If the question is for me: I can’t eat sweets. I’m pre-diabetic inherited by all my past generation. Although they added several recipes here that sounded so delicious I was drooling lol. The only sweets I can tolerate w/o getting very sick are fruits and they have to be sour like green mango, green grapes, etc…

2 Likes

The question was general but the phrasing was misguiding. :sweat_smile: I edited it just now.
I love eating very sour fruits as well. I’m the only one in my family and they think I have a weird taste :laughing:
So, you can try sweets but without sugar. Or sweets are completely forbidden?

2 Likes

@addictedtobooks

Sugar makes me very ill I get sweating/ strong palpitations/fainting, panic attacks and confusion but it also has to do with my gastric bypass. The Dr who did the surgery (Bariatric Surgeon) explained that the small intestine can not absorb the sugar and it affects other organs and causes all this side effects. It’s been 14 years already. I can’t eat donuts, cakes, ice cream or soda, and when I do take a small bite or sip (which I do at least once a month); I forgot to mention I get severe vomiting. Total nightmare…

PS. Before the gastric bypass I had very bad diabetes and needed pills (I refused the injections) after the surgery I became pre-diabetic and was able to stop the METFORMIN pills.

1 Like

Oh, that’s really bad! :disappointed_relieved: I hope you enjoy your life (even without sugar :sweat_smile:). Being healthy is much more important.

2 Likes

get the crescent biscuits, open up can seperate the triangles, leave them as is or cut them smaller, add sugar, cinnamon, roll them up, and do directions on can abiy baking, a fantastic treat!! also can d with frozen biscuits(or hmemade) cut in half, add sugar & cinnamon, another treat! I added some buttr to them too.

1 Like

can yu use artifical sweetner? I also have to watch my sugar intake to( I also am a diabetic)

1 Like

I don’t miss the sugar so much since it makes me so ill, and those artificial sweeteners for some reason I dislike them so much bc I get a metal taste in my mouth, the few times I tried them and believe me, I have tried all of them. Once in a while, I’ll take a small bite of something sweet; as long as is not a big portion, I can tolerate.

One time I was craving for a CARVEL ice cream sunday (wacky Wednesday buy 1 get one FREE) I took 3 spoons and started driving, after a while I started sweating profusely, had palpitations, and had to pull to the side to throw up and that was many years ago. That was the first and last time, I bought a strawberry sunday from carvel. I don’t recommend that surgery to anyone. I used to at the beginning though.

1 Like

I thought I was the only one that has a kind of metallic taste! I am not craxy about art. sugar. but occasionally I do use, and far and few between!

1 Like

In regards sugar replacement I think Stevia sugar (plant based) should work and birch sugar but small amounts as this is Xylit from alcohol sugar and can have a digestive impact such a bloating, gas and/or diarrhea.

1 Like

Yea, he has to clean it. Each of those little suckers on the tentacles has toothlike circles that have to be removed and also to get grit and sand out of the tentacles. (I liked Mystic popup bar) :grin:

Oh! He’s a quick recipe! about 15 to 20 minutes tops.
Rice
Yangzee barbeque pork - thin slices https://d2d8wwwkmhfcva.cloudfront.net/800x/d2lnr5mha7bycj.cloudfront.net/product-image/file/large_8b0ead45-1131-4391-ab6c-d9def3c0e499.jpg
Hot Chinese style mustard
Sesame seeds
Veggies - whatever you want a couple of cups worth (It cooks down)
Sweet peppers - sliced into rings - https://whatscookingamerica.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Baby-BellPeppers.jpg
Garlic - minced
Soy Sauce - about a tablespoon of
Gochujang - 2 tablespoons or more (to taste) - https://www.google.com/search?q=gochujang&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS838US838&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi_utfO5rvqAhXeGTQIHfmqBI4Q_AUoAnoECBgQBA&biw=1340&bih=852

Get all the ingredients ready because the cooking time is pretty fast.

Get the rice cooking
Slice up some Yangtzee barbeque pork and serve with hot mustard and sesame seeds
Get the wok hot
Put in about a tablespoon of sesame oil
about a spoon of minced Garlic (Even vampires need SOME garlic :laughing:)
a bunch of veggies
add sliced pepper rings
stir fry that until it is a bit charred (Slight charring brings out the vegetable’s natural sweetness)
If too much water forms, move the veggies up the side of the wok to char slightlyand let the excess water boil down. Keep a little water for the sauce. Do NOT throw out the water, just boil it down.
add a couple of spoons of soy sauce. stir it around,
when the veggies are ‘al dente’ cooked but still firm, add a couple of spoons of GoChujang for taste and stir around till everything is hot.

Put the veggies in a serving bowl and immediately wash out the wok and re-season it. (Or it will get rusty)

Gochujang is a Korean hot-sweet spicy chili sauce that is really tasty. Yea, it is hot for newbies but I think it’s just tasty not very hot but then again, I grew up eating ‘burn your worms out’ HOT food.

1 Like

@porkypine90_261

That’s how they clean them? I always used the knife to remove the round things (we don’t eat those).

I’m writing down the ingredients bc I’m going food shopping tomorrow, and this recipe sounds like something i’d like to eat.

I got the soy sauce, sesame oil, and the rice. I need the rest. I’ll have to be careful with the spiciness bc of my gastric bypass surgery the Dr. warned me about eating spicy food can be dangerous. I’ll just use very little just in case. Thank goodness my area has so many Korean, Japanese and Chinese products (a bit pricey though).

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I have tried stevia, its good, I don’t have that metallic taste or side effects/

3 Likes

I just found this and thought a good way to study our Bible and create a recipe

Scripture Cake Recipes

Recipe 1

Ingredients:

• 1 cup Judges 5:25
  • 1 cup Jeremiah 6:20
  • 1 tbsp I Samuel 30:12
  • 3 Jeremiah 17:11
  • 1 cup I Samuel 30:12
  • 1 cup Nahum 3:12
  • 1/4 cup Numbers 17:8
  • 2 cups 1 Kings 4:22
  • II Chronicles 9:9
  • pinch of Leviticus 2:13
  • 1 tsp Amos 4:5
  • 3 tbsp Judges 4:19

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Cream the first 3 ingredients.
  3. Beat in 3 Jeremiahs until light, adding one at a time.
  4. Add the next 3 ingredients and beat once more.
  5. Sift together Kings, II Chronicles, Leviticus, and Amos.
  6. Add to mixtures together and blend well.
  7. Add milk and blend.
  8. Pour into well greased loaf pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until done.

Interpretation:

Ingredients:

• 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup chopped figs
  • 1/4 cup chopped almonds
  • 2 cups flour
  • spices such as cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp leavener-baking soda or baking powder
  • 3 tbsp milk

Directions:

2. Cream together the first three ingredients.
  3. Beat in 3 eggs until light, one at a time.
  4. Add the next three ingredients and continue to beat.
  5. Sift together flour, spices, salt and baking soda or baking powder.
  6. Add two mixtures together and blend well
  7. Blend in milk.
  8. Spray pan with spray oil.
  9. Pour into bundt pan or loaf pan and bake for 1 1/2 hour or until done.

Recipe 2

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cup Genesis 18:8
  • 1 1/2 cup Jeremiah 6:20
  • 5 Isaiah 10:14
  • 3 cups Leviticus 24:5
  • 3 tsp 2 Kings 2:20
  • 3 tsp Amos 4:5
  • 1 tsp Exodus 30:23
  • 1/4 tsp 2 Chronicles 9:9 (as many as you wish)
  • 1/2 cup Judges 4:19
  • 3/4 cup Genesis 43:11
  • 3/4 cup Jeremiah 24:5
  • 3/4 cup 2 Samuel 16:1

Directions:

2. Blend Genesis 18:8 alternately with Judges 4:19.
  3. Beat whites of Isaiah 10:14 till stiff, and fold into mixture.
  4. Cream together Gensis 18:8 and Jeremiah 6:20.
  5. Beat in yolks of Isaiah 10:14 one at a time.
  6. Sift together Leviticus 24:5, 2 Kings 2:20, Amos 4:5, Exodus 30:23, and Chronicles 9:9.
  7. Blend Leviticus mixture
  8. Fold in chopped Genesis 43:11, Jeremiah 24:5 and 2 Samuel 16:1.
  9. Grease and dust a cake pan with Leviticus 24:5.
  10. Pour cake mixture into pan and bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes or until done.

Interpretation:

Ingredients:

• 3/4 cups butter
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 5 eggs, separated
  • 3 cups cake flour
  • 3tsp salt
  • 3 tsp leavener - baking soda or powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp each of spices - nutmeg, allspice, ginger
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup almonds, chopped
  • 3/4 cup figs, chopped
  • 3/4 cup raisins

Directions:

2. Cream together butter and sugar.
  3. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
  4. Sift together cake flour, salt, baking soda or powder, cinnamon and spices.
  5. Blend flour mixture into creamed mixture alternately with milk.
  6. Beat egg whites until stiff, fold into creamed mixture.
  7. Fold in almonds, figs and raisins.
  8. Grease and flour bundt pan, tube pan or cake pan.
  9. Bake at 325 degrees or until done.

I had this when I was a little girl and the taste is delicious

1 Like

_I promise this one won’t be long;

Dr Pepper brownies

1 1/4 c flour
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup cocoa butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 can Dr Pepper
1/2 cup chocolate chips
dash of cinnamon