R.i.p. fan channels

Yes, seeing the list makes me realize how many channels are affected.

1 Like

Love in Time is a Hong Kong drama, sorry, my mistake :slight_smile:

Yes, so many great dramas and so many with Mike He, Rainie, Blue Lan etc. Ah, Vaness Wu - Chocolat is one of these fan channels, too!

1 Like

What about the Ninja Segging & Subbing Academy, are they safe they are a fan channel too, technically at least?

Those are not working either I was doing the Ninja training and I was never able to watch them only the one’s on youtube.

I have heard they will get a new channel - again, I don’t have a link - but they won’t be closing down.

1 Like

@lutra @mazza @deadliftdiva_548

Dear Lutra and avid supporters of Ninja Academy,

Thanks for your concern regarding the fate of Ninja Academy. Viki is currently working with us to keep the program running as usual. We can assure you that Ninja Academy will not be negatively affected by the retirement of fan channels.

We will continue our best to serve the community and provide training resources for segmenters and subtitlers.

In the meantime while Ninja Academy is experiencing transitions, all students enrolled in the program will continue their studies as usual without any changes or delays.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to direct it to myself or my co-manager Mazza.

Thanks,
AmyPun and Mazza (Channel Managers of Ninja Academy)

9 Likes

I was not really alarmed, I knew that viki would surely do its best to find a solution. There’s no way the Ninja Academy could be harmed or closed or whatever! They cannot afford anything happening to it!

3 Likes

TODAY is supposedly the LAST DAY TO SUBMIT REQUESTS FOR Subtitles from VIKI for these fan channels! CM’s were sent forms!

If you haven’t heard from your CM or you are a MODERATOR on one of these channels, get in touch NOW without delay!

Please try to save your work from Great Deletion 2, the Final Chapter!

5 Likes

**we need people to respond to this and STOP BURYING IT! **

just to bring it top again! deadline is HERE!

2 Likes

So sad to think of all that work just being deleted. I do hope many of these licenses happen. I will send as many as I can.

You’re not alone Fan Channel CMs!!! :+1:

2 Likes

I was wondering what would happen with NSSA. Glad to hear that Viki is working with you for it to have a place here as it should. :smile:

2 Likes

HI. I’ve been Channel Manager for a while and nobody, l mean, no Viki staff, informed me about this.

That’s really sad.

2 Likes

@elizabeth_ross
You are a channel manager of a licensed drama, that’s why you didn’t get a PM from viki.
This is related to fan channels only.

2 Likes

Thanks lutra,
that is good to know for Biao Men, but l subbed all Battle of Changsha and it’s in the edge now. Fans are filling forms, hope it’s saved.

3 Likes

contact your PM at Battle and see whether they turned in a form.

thank you for your hard work there. that was one i had planned to see. ;(

2 Likes

Yes it seems not many people even know this is happening because only fan channel managers were contacted. I believe all volunteers have the right to know.

2 Likes

I tried requesting the BOC subtitles. I hope I can get them.

1 Like

Update: The form to request subtitles for fan channels has closed.

I gotta wonder,
How many channel managers were actually able to request the subtitles in time?
How many dramas’ subtitles are going to be lost forever?

2 Likes

Exactly :frowning:

And it is not even half the work that went into all those videos. Not the segmenting, or the editing.

"summer" is not a true date of when they plan to extinguish all those candles in the vast sea of the vikiverse…lights kept fed and fanned by hope and dreams of those who will not quit, have not quit, and kept working even when the tools failed, videos were removed and reloaded, and all things against them.

I hope they publish the ACTUAL DATE and we can spread any means anybody has to save their work ahead of the final Great Deletion 2. :frowning:

Please spread the word, anybody who gets this information. Fans and Volunteers alike must ask for licenses, and try to save the work of so many.

1 Like