Rain and Kim Tae Hee are married

It just gives me warm fuzzies to know that kcelebs didn’t wait until they are 40 or 50 to tie the knot

1 Like

In Korean (and Asian, in general) culture, it’s common for men and women to wait until their 30’s and 40’s to get married. This is because we (our parents) would like to wait until we’re mature enough to get married and love + take care of our spouse/kids with our whole heart. For mainly this reason, my parents don’t want me to start dating until I’m in my 20’s. Well, let’s see about that. :joy:

Anyway, I’m very happy for them. They’re such a beautiful couple, and they’re so humble.

1 Like

Those foolish parents should reconsider. Don’t they think of the risks of pregnancies after 35-40? If you look at charts about the risk of having a Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida, after 31 the line skyrockets.
According to Mayo Clinic

[QUOTE]
A woman’s chances of giving birth to a child with Down syndrome increase with age because older eggs have a greater risk of improper chromosome division. By age 35, a woman’s risk of conceiving a child with Down syndrome is about 1 in 350. By age 40, the risk is about 1 in 100, and by age 45, the risk is about 1 in 30. [/QUOTE]

http://www.cdadc.com/ds/pregnancy-risk-downs-syndrome-trisomy21-graph.jpg

3 Likes

that is good to know! about the downs syndrome. and age of mother.

I think in particular when it’s for the 1st pregnancy as well. Many things for women is a ticking clock… Having children early or later has its both advantage and disadvantage…

1 Like

Well, there is always the middle road! And it’s alright when it’s the woman’s choice, but here we are talking of parents/ society encouraging late pregnancies - my reply was more aimed towards them.
As a woman who had late pregnancies, I can tell you I was terrified until the results of the test came. Fortunately both times the children were fine, but…

1 Like

that’s why I said that women have a ticking clock… a limited time for certain things… I absolutely understand your point and it’s a tricky thing to go for late… some women start peri-menopause around 40…

1 Like

I had my daughter at 38 so I was afraid too until the test results came back. We didn’t have the early test like they do now and I didn’t want to do the amnio in case I lost fluid. There are new information on how long a woman can have babies. How you look on the outside is sort of an indication of how you are doing on the inside and your chances of getting pregnant. You can have your FSH levels tested which is follicle stimulating hormones to determine your window. As you age the FSH level go up until you finish menopause. Also, now they can look at your eggs and see how many viable eggs are present. I got pregnant pretty easy and my doctor told me I could have 3 more. Of course, I thought you are insane. I have a friend who just had her 6th child at 42. One pregnancy fixed her thyroid and the last pregnancy fixed something else. Everyone male and female should have their hormones checked in their 20s so they have a baseline and women should get their FSH so they know what their window is. Male health is equally important with a pregnancy and we now know that birth defects and can be caused by the health and age of the man. I now know the women in our family have a pretty big healthy window. My grandmother who was born in the early 1900’s had her first baby at 27, my mom had me at 32 and then me at 38. I don’t recommend waiting that long for obvious reasons.

2 Likes

I meant 2 more so 3 in total.

1 Like

That explains this: When I was first hearing this clip, I was like this is not his usual style:
Congrats to the newlyweds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqfCgVOhzAg

I want that kind of love…

:blush: :heart: :+1:t5: It’s years since this was posted, it’s still so fresh! Heartfelt lyrics, and song, love it!