Recommendation (comedy/romance)

Instead of Tipsy Why Not Get Drunk has a second season??!! I didn’t know that!

@floo_ghost Oh My Venus is really good!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

thanks, i’ll take a look :smile:

Thank you, I will look for it.
yeah I didn’t know Viki yet, I don’t watch a lot of Asian series, (a bit of prejudice with the excess drama that I’ve heard about) But these 3 that I watched (mostly Mad For Each Other) made me have interest and look for a community that could direct me to others that I would like.

1 Like

I love Woo Do - Well especially from The King: Eternal Monarch (not on VIKI)

1 Like

Sorry, my bad, I had another drama link there, but choose to erase it, but forgot to do the same for the text. Thanks for the reminder. I made the adjustments now.

1 Like

ohh… I almost went crazy searching for it :joy: I love that drama!

1 Like

I only saw him in one show so i can say much.

I see that you already got a ton of recommendations, I’d just like to add a few of my absolute favorites. :slight_smile:

It’s a three-part series depicting the coming of age of a friends group in a small neighborhood, starting from the year in the title. There are small hints to the other parts and running gags throughout the whole series, but the characters and stories for each part are different, so it doesn’t matter if you watch just one part or in which order you watch the parts. However, I personally liked 1988 and 1997 more than 1994. I laughed a lot while watching the series. It’s not your typical rom-com because it centers around friendship, but there’s always a leading couple and some side couples (the one in 1988 is adorable). :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s super fun because each drama references the historical events, technology, fashion trends and pop culture at the time (for instance, the FL in 1997 is a H.O.T. stan).

Okay, I might just be a sucker for the childhood friends to lovers trope. :smile: The romance unfolds rather slowly, but starting from episode 9, I was constantly fangirling, because the chemistry between the leads is just so good. The FL is pretty out there, the dialogues are comedy gold. I found the combination of rom-com and political drama to be a nice twist. The drama also touches upon serious topics like political intrigues and family issues.

2 Likes

About the Reply series, I’ve been interested in them since the little I read. after your recommendation I’m even more interested.
I’ll take a look at “Into The Ring” too.
Thanks for the recommendations

2 Likes

Monthly Home Magazine is HILARIOUS!
What Wrong Secretary Kim
Your Honor was so funny - not a lot of romance - but the comedy was great

Hi guys, passing just to thank you for all indications.
I have watched Sweet Home and Vagabond (which was not mentioned by anyone haha sorry about that). I really liked both of them despite the

Little Spoiler i think

open endings.

I am now in doubt between seeing Suspicious Partner,It’s Okay to Not Be Okay and Run On.
Some others I will only start half of next month which is when I get my salary and I will sign VIKI (also finish my college, FINALLY)
Again, thank you all very much for taking the time to recommend new series to me, as I didn’t know much about K-Dramas.

3 Likes

Congratulations on finishing your studies. We look forward to ‘seeing’ you here on Viki. Welcome!

3 Likes

Congratulations!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I don’t know about Run On, but

• watch Suspicious Partner if you’re in mood for something full of romance and comedy, with a good crime/law side-plot
  • Watch IOTNBO is you’re in the mood for something very angsty and melodramatic with aesthetic cinematography and OST
2 Likes