Request history gone forever?

Hi all!
I have or had an open request, not sure about the status now, since this is what I get to see at the Help Center:

I still have a moderators position at a channel that I do not have access to, since the license in my region is no longer there. So, to keep my profile clean, I wanted to be removed, I wrote to the CM a Viki staff member, maybe sick, maybe having vacations, maybe too busy … After some time of no reply wrote to Viki to be removed from the team, got no response either, so gave the request another “push”. Guess what, nothing happened, …
But I found the Help Center to be “rebuilt”. Looking for my request, I found no history of mine, I thought it might be a hick-up in the system again … So I tried once again today and it is the same.

The option to open conversation with Viki is gone … With it, the idea suggestion … The last instrument that seemed like an interest of Viki to become aware of problems with suggestions for change or solutions. Anyway, I am not surprised, since most of it was paying customers complaining.

So, my question, is anyone experiencing the same?
Oh, forgot to look at my e-mail account, not working at the moment need to try later again … (When it rains it pours …)

Can you still see open/closed requests in your history?

4 Likes

I also noticed that my request history is gone… However, a friend of mine who only recently joined Viki (in 2022) can still see her history.

4 Likes

Now the tickets go to new community help center for volunteers.

4 Likes

Thank you I went to the Viki page - Help … @damiechan
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us
And it is there, I was confused to be honest, but found my request history at the “old” Help Center only for viewers now?

Anyway, I will readdress it at the contributor help desk and see if anything happens now.

3 Likes

So in the new version, “support” is replaced by “contributorhelp.”

How many ghost links does Viki have by now? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

What do you mean with ghost links?

Viki is dividing customers from contributors, so they are not aware of the other party’s complaints, my opinion, do not mistake it as an absolute fact, just what comes to my mind after being here for years.

2 Likes

All the parts of Viki that we can’t access directly anymore but that still work (to some extent) as long as we know the link, like the Coming Soon and the TV guide…

3 Likes

I see all or them, since the night of time. The last from months ago still open.
UPDATE:

Aaaah, you’re right! In the “contributorhelp” I have no requests. In the “support” link I have all my past requests.
But, although I am a contributor, I can still access “support” in the normal way, from the dropdown menu under my avatar, on the upper right hand corner of the screen.
How do they separate viewers from viewers/contributors? There are people who contributed a few subs or dozen subs through a couple of months and then stopped completely, but remain as viewers. Where do you categorize those people?

4 Likes

Now reading it a 2nd time and I understand now what you mean with the “ghost links”, but there is no ghost here, these are two different help center on the surface, the one you reach over Viki page and the one you can reach over Viki Community page, that means active no ghost involved.

3 Likes

Are the tickets still read, I’m waiting since 2 months for some closure??

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t have a clue some months ago you would still get a reply, even if it took longer, but at the moment reading “open” since weeks not as long as you thought. By the way, at the moment, “open” feels like “open end”.

It feels like once before, when most of us would suddenly see their request as “solved”, when they weren’t. My guess is that only a part of the requesters re-opened theirs or wrote a new one, so at the end less work, but it felt like a punch to the stomach.

4 Likes

I imagine it depends from the request. If it’s something related to contributing like missing badges, or reporting someone using GT, you would go to contributor help. While if it’s a tecnical issue for the viewers, like the subtitles not working, video not playing, you’d send a request in support.

2 Likes

I would just assume that the “normal” viewer would never access the community page and therefor not use this request link.

The community forum at the main page of the help center is now no longer as visible as before, there is a button to access it, so likely less commotion, less confrontation between viewers and contributors since it takes yet another click to access and to even get to find something like Viki Ideas. You can already see the post numbers slowing down, but on the other hand it results in more request, but they aren’t as visible.

2 Likes

At @simi11 and others, here is an up-date:

Got a reply in my inbox, from the original contact, my request at the “normal” Help Center is closed and the one on the Support HC is still open as I couldn’t mark it as solved (I thought it’s possible, but maybe it is my imagination), but I wrote back that it is solved now.

3 Likes