Reverse Cinderella Story?

@irmar Yes, in truth there is not really any new story, if you “cook” it long enough the essence will surface.

But this one was officially taken as template.

1 Like

I loved Overboard with Goldie Hawk but this k-drama lead actress character annoyed me so I quit watching it even though I love the lead male character… At least Goldie Hawn’s character was nicer after she lost her memory but not this character… She was mean and LOUD

1. Boys Over Flower
  2. She Was Pretty
  3. Lucky Romance
  4. Marriage Contract
  5. Fated to Love You
  6. Goong
  7. Legend of the blue sea
  8. Master of the sun
  9. Cheese in the trap
  10. Coffee prince
  11. Dear fair lady kong shim
  12. Protect the boss
  13. Hotel King
  14. Scent of Women (I guess so)
  15. Warm and cozy
  16. Mask
    That’s it so far!

@trangle8507 A reverse Cinderally Story would mean, rich girl/poor guy.
Aren’t these dramas all from the category rich guy/poor girl?

Sorry, those are rich guy/poor girl. Below - a list of rich girl or poor guy based on my knowledge:

1. W: it really is in my opinion but I don’t want to explain in detail because of spoiler.
  2. I hear your voice
  3. Creating destiny: I believe the girl in this drama has her own career and must be rich.
  4. One more happy ending: Lead girls are successful in life.
  5. Divorce Lawyer in Love
  6. Prosecutor Princess
  7. Traces of the hand
  8. Naked Fireman

I recalled some other drama not purely romance though:

Beyond the Clouds
That Fool

1 Like

@erinbussert_740
They used the loud voice of her and other character traits to portrait her as the snobby woman. In your case she succeeded with flying colors. She does tone down, when she reaches “maturity”.

It is often used, like in Prosecutor Princess, My Love Madame Butterfly, where many viewers couldn’t stand the heroine at first, o r never. It’s one way to show the growth in character.

1 Like

Wait, no! In W he was extra rich and she was well, not exactly poor, but low middle class. And, apart from some scenes in one or two episodes, it’s not at all a Cinderella story.

I think differently. In W, she’s a doctor so she surely has stable income.

Stable yes, but she is still only a resident (means a trainee working long hours under a tyrannical professor for specialization, and she hasn’t even had her first surgery). How much could she be making? And you’ve seen her house.
While he is at the head of a whole group of companies. No comparison between them!
When he presents her with all those dresses and shoes to choose from, in his crazily luxurious flat which is the top floor of a 5-star hotel, it’s a total Cinderella moment. Even the first dress he buys for her at the boutique, when they meet for the second time, just after he’s released from the hospital: everyone at home looks at the price tag wondering how she could buy such an expensive dress. Not to mention the option to have a Cinderella ball at the Blue House.

The income resident doctor earns at least better than a blue-collar worker. I just mean the way to build female lead is better. Not completely poor!
SPOILER ALERT!

Or not dependable completely on male lead! Just because the concept of the story! We could proud because she could use her profession to save him from almost death situation.

This kind of character I personally feel that. Maybe everybody’s thought is not the same.

Birth of a Rich Man (2010) is a Cinderella story, but it’s not a very good drama. Its one redeeming quality is the presence of a young Namgoong Min as kind and cool second lead (a totally boring role). His acting is still a bit green and his haircut is over the top (literally), but all the rest is there.
The main lead is Ji Hyun Woo, who slurs his words and has a bad lisp.

Also, “Masked Lover”, a Taiwanese drama, female lead is an interior designer from the U.S. Male lead is just set a police officer

She hardly ever worked since she kept going back and forth between the 2 Worlds