Scammers, spam, and the like

yes I watched it, was so funny!

1 Like

thought someone would be interested in this https://youtu.be/_6hKErybcBo love scammers

everyone, I really need some guidance here, I guess I got into a facebook message from one of our favorite actors. jchang wook, looks legal and real and all, I am really questioning this now, really not sure this is “him” or not!!!,

#1 I’m using this medium to reach out to my fans all around the world, where are you from?

#2I’m just trying to have my own personal life because as you know the life of we celebrities is under a management and it is scripted for publicity purposes, most things you see on the media online is not 100% how things are for me in reality and most times also not what I want for myself.
My point is that my management doesn’t know about this. I hope you understand.

#3 !
'm just trying to have my own personal life because as you know the life of we celebrities is under a management and it is scripted for publicity purposes, most things you see on the media online is not 100% how things are for me in reality and most times also not what I want for myself.
My point is that my management doesn’t know about this. I hope you understand.

jichangwook.fb sent Today at 7:12 PM
oh it does say personal blog.

Okay

jichangwook.fb sent Today at 7:12 PM

Tell me, which of my movies have you watched?

as for this I told him in an earlier response…so am I wrong in thinking this may be a scam???

hey I don’t want to give him a bad name but if someone is using his id I’d sure like to stop it before it gets out of hand! like those military guys, and someone stealing their ID

so how can we really find out about this??

I just looked with Google, and when I tried to get onto that page, says the link is broken

1 Like

For me all the alarmbells are ringing… 99% fake in my opinion. Celebs don’t reveal themselves like this. And reaching out to fans becausw he wants a personal life? Then you do not reach out to fans on FB.

I had celebs reaching out to me but they never revealed themselves, I found out they where real afterwards. Like there is an actress who added Vikians to her FB.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s fake just from the lines you’ve written. I’m a JCW fan and for one thing, I really don’t think he’s this fluent in English.
Even when celebs reach out to fans, they usually do so through fan accounts.
I don’t know, but it sounds really fake, the way “he” has framed these sentences.

2 Likes

I finally found the link, and like you, the bells and whistles went off, just something not right there
, and yes his framing the sentences, ane way I understand he isn’t fluent in English. you just don’t know how bad I feel about this@! and also couldn’t get to sleep last night cause of this.

You just don’t know how much I appreciate you telling me this!

heres the link
https://www.facebook.com/jichangwookfb-104501191878661/?cft[0]=AZXzVPpqTjsuHWGsEnvLN0Wbl23v3q-X34bMvvCm3lT5cKCHllT9aJVol1ieLSqAWbKTo43ruwZZIbyDDKfwoSNjgAtD-5B7X0fyt317mONhCaNvf7JFqlcVW99FqOYIjEQ40T-zg5i9UZC9Ey05ylhPb-T_HF7Kp4AqvSNud6_yWKTYQ7n2mhPvSkKBTEhIVSA&tn=R]-R

Interesting! not able to get into the link!!

the ones that responded I just want to thank you again, that has relieved me so much! just can’t than k you enough!

I hope this is still running, but I found something on Facebook I thought this could be a “spread the word” type thing. If not Managers just delete then

Please beware of in-person scams as well.

Some of them are really aggressive in trying to get you to participate :open_mouth:. I’ve met someone who tried to give a watch instead… Don’t fall for it!

2 Likes

This reminds me, years ago I went to B&Q (the UK version of US Home Depot) got out the car and a
sporty red Alfa Romeo pulled up, notable in that it was left hand drive (cars in the UK are right hand drive) and a very smartly dressed “Italian” guy rolled down the window and in his best “Italian” accented English (think Luigi from Mario cart!) “Excuse-ah…” and reeled off about how he was a sales rep for the Emporio Armani luxury goods company, and he was about to head back to Italy and he still had some Armani watches that some company cancelled on the order so he needed to off load them before he went back. They retailed for something like £300-400 but he was willing to sell one to me for a mere £50!

Was I a fool to have passed up on a bargain of a lifetime of such a luxurious item being flogged off in the car park of B&Q! :thinking::rofl:
But I’ll give him props for using a left hand drive Alfa Romeo (the same model was sold in the UK in right hand drive, bit of a car enthusiast back then) to give the impression that he drove from Italy to the UK in that car?!

3 Likes

This happened to me too in the past (nice car, parking lot, luxury watches, similar story) :open_mouth:. They kept calling out to us and I believe they were also “Italian”.

My dad said: “Either they are undercover police or scammes. Eithers way, stay away.” :laughing:

3 Likes

well I keep getting these guys on FB, and I got a huge list of them, I know they are scammers, I found something that may stop them, going to give it a try anyway. so if y’all want to use it, go ahead. and honestly it isn’t me!!

5 Likes

I found it!!

1 Like

Yet another scam idea. Heard of “smishing”? This is my first. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

thats a new one for me!

2 Likes

Had to share it here

3 Likes

To all fans on discussions,
Please see screenshots.
Use the X to the right of people who follow our profile on disqus, and are spam, or other, they can be removed.
It does not matter if you have, or do not have a disqus account.
I have removed the people you see in the other screenshot from following, using the X.
Make sure your view is desktop site, if you’re on your mobile. If you’re already using your laptop/computer, you should already be in that view.
I’ve checked a few fan’s disqus associated profile, and these kind of profile are following fans. They are the same repeated profiles.

@vikicommunity, @vikiinformationassis, @amm11
Spammers, like leeches, are following fan’s various forums profiles, here on Viki. They seem so legit, because their profile is using the Viki logo.
Main Page:
• chasitylitz - Rakuten Viki
• lilliantaylor - Rakuten Viki
• jeanadoyle - Rakuten Viki
• gladysfant - Rakuten Viki

:smirk: They certainly have, both on Viki, and Disqus. :unamused:

:smirk: They have ones with normal eyes now, they even wear business attire, not just swimwear. :unamused: See links above.

1 Like

That has been an issue for years… I did adress it to Viki in February of 2015(!!!) because random people where following me. They said I should go to Disqus to get it sorted out as Viki couldn’t do a thing because it was 3rd party. And Disqus said I had to go to Viki because it’s an account on Viki. So nobody was willing or could help me out here and the stalkers remained.

I also have normal disqus account, already had that before Viki switched to it, and the only thing they could do is merge them and then maybe fix the problem. Ehh no thanks I don’t want them merged of course. What a stupid idea!

Let’s see how many people follow me now: 473 (when I reported in 2015 there where 406)
Last time I checked, years ago, most where not even on Viki so no idea why they even started to stalk me.

I wonder if Viki finally found a solution to get rid of the followers without a Viki account. If so delete them from my followers list as I asked you to do years ago. Thanks. This is the help request number: #128495

1 Like

… from those accounts that were already deleted in the system but stayed in the followers for years.

Thank you, Viki, finally all the ladies with the “big eyes” no longer grace my profile.

2 Likes