Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

@natyh
@my_happy_place Don’t watch until after Long Ballad is OVER -
@sweetybirdtoo

His VOICE is AMAZING!!! He is rapping some but when he sings!!! Oh my Gosh!

My Baddie I love HIM

I wish Hao Du would break out into song on the show!!!

LOVE love love
LOOK at his EYES!!!
@kdrama2020ali has it bad
5 Likes

I understand where you are coming from. It’s rare to see the medical profession portrayed accurately in Asian dramas, and mental health especially. It can be very troubling to a viewer. Frankly, I think most dramas don’t do justice to any of the professions portrayed. It’s all fantasy. Most times I can overlook it because I’m not part of any of job fields portrayed and my tolerance is high. I did enjoy Love Script, but for sure it had flaws in the portrayal of the FL professional behaviors and the views it expressed about the field of psychiatry.

5 Likes

So true, police are also poorly portrayed, so often they’re bumbling fools, incompetent, or corrupt, that annoys me too.

I’m just not in the right mood/mindset at the moment. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ahhh the police :woman_facepalming: The dilemma is: make the police competent, and you have to create a mystery/action thriller. If the mains aren’t the police, but a group of misfits or students who should be studying or whatever, they wouldn’t have anything to do because the police are so competent. If you make them bumbling fools, there’s more room for comedy. At least, that’s how I think the thought process goes. The corruption is real so we can’t escape that. The force was portrayed nicely in… DOTS. You Are My Hero(Chinese). Can’t think of any other LOL.

I remember reading the comments on the Hyun Bin movie “Confidential Assignment,” which is about NK-SK police collaborating. Hyun Bin is on the NK side, so all the North Korean police look better and are more competent than the SK police. I get that SK thinks of NK like a little brother who has gone astray, and so tries to portray them as such, but they don’t have to go THAT far…

4 Likes

happiness%20poster

It just dropped and I could not help but watch about 5 min without subs!!!

Park Hyung Sikkie looks so happy and healthy - I love it already!

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali you’ll have to add some of the BBU cafeteria food to the Café menu :wink:

Oh, my, I’ll have to go check it out.

2 Likes

giphy

I was just thinking how wonderful it would be to have ALL of us together for a Thanksgiving MEAL!
Darn we all live in the computer!!!

6 Likes

Woo Do-Nuts
Kim Bum-blebee Honey
HOT and READY D.O. ughnuts

I’ll keep adding as I think of them

3 Likes

I must be crazy, I watched the whole thing, it looks like it’s going to be so good!

2 Likes

Interesting new phenomenon: I have recently been watching old ‘Knowing Bros.’ episodes with Kpop boy groups. Firstly, I’ve seen them all before, but I didn’t remember how many times the group Seventeen had been on that show. I have re-watched all their eps and have fallen in love with them as people. So now, of course, I’ve gone down their rabbit hole. I haven’t gotten too deep into it yet, but I’ve realized something at the surface level - I am not really a big fan of their songs, but I LOVE their choreography and watching them together in videos. Is it possible to be a fan of a group but not really like their music? It seems weird, and yet I can’t stop watching them.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV5-8P1Bpn4/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Park Hyung Sik
IG Update

2 Likes

I know you said you only watched 5 minutes, but did you watch until they got off the roof? I think that was around the 5 minute mark.

2 Likes

WELCOME TO THE GATE OF CARATLAND! :partying_face::partying_face::joy:

Yes, this is possible. I used to be a Stray Kids fan but hated most of their music :joy: Somehow, I got disengaged and I don’t really follow them anymore. With ATEEZ and BTOB, I love their music, but I haven’t even made an effort to learn their names :sweat_smile:

Seventeen is an adorable group of hardworking, passionate, hilarious, self-producing guys. It’s hard NOT to love them. I’ve learned a lot about the process of music production because of them. Luck for me, their music is EXACTLY to my taste. I love almost every track they release. And of course, I love their amazing choreographies. I love how personalized they are, because they are the ones doing almost everything related to the song. Their passion really shows. And, well, I just found out Chanyeol and Woozi(the member who doubles as producer and lyricist) are friends!
This is such a funny clip :joy: Poor Suho really works overtime keeping track of his very social members

This is my favorite funny MV - directed and edited by one of the members who isn’t in the performance unit. I love how relaxed everyone is. They look like they’re genuinely having fun!

You should watch Going Seventeen. Even as a standalone variety show, it’s one of the best I’ve ever watched. And it’s a bonus if you know them!

3 Likes

I’ll give it a go at some point!

I already know which one is Woozi just by his name, and I even know he is a producer and lyricist. I think I actually have all (or most) of their names down already. That’s a big deal for me, and I’m proud of myself. :joy:

2 Likes

Now the only hurdle you have left is to remember Rock With You’s fan-chant :joy: I STILL can’t do it! :sob::sob::sob: I know all their stage names and real names, and I can match each one with their faces, but I just CAN’T rap all their names in age order and then do it BACKWARDS! :sob::flushed:

2 Likes

Oh goodness, I’m not sure I’d even try. LOL

That ‘Holiday’ video was cute, and I like that particular song. I’ve found a couple songs I like at this point, which is nice. I’m pretty sure I’m going to break out in that ‘dance’ from the video every time I listen to that song from now on. :joy:

3 Likes

Sometimes it plays in my head and I just HAVE to do that little dance, accompanied with the “AYYYYY” :joy: I have to use every ounce of restraint in me to stop me from embarrassing myself!

2 Likes

eeehhh I don’t know if I’ll join that just yet. It is an apocalyptic story about people who try to deny others by wealth ranking. Too mean and dog eat dog for me. In an emergency situation you need to group together and share to survive.

3 Likes

Giphy

Let’s Make Waffles!!!

4 Likes

You made me crave Luikse / Liège waffles (Belgian yeasted waffles with pearled sugar)
:face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

For those who are unfamiliar with Luikse wafels:

I prefer mine without toppings as well and I’ve gotten waffles from the waffle trucks (so good if they make them fresh!).

Do I want to wait 2+ hours to make the waffles? Idk :laughing:

4 Likes