Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Sounds more like a Gen-Z interview though :rofl:

I have had a job interview with an older man interviewing me. He told me he didn’t understand some of the behaviors younger employees displayed. The office has a “sit where you want” policy and he told me how this employee would come and sit in his office across from him! (He’s a partner at the firm.) And he would put headphones on! :scream::scream:

He was clearly frustrated about the situation. This “employee” is in the same age category as I am, so was he trying to warn me or something? :laughing:

2 Likes

Great. I was going to watch Now We Are Breaking Up just for Sehun but it’s going to be rated 19+ :flushed:

2 Likes

I’m so sad that I’m not interested in watching this at all - the FL - I don’t care for we all know.

But I love Jang Ki Yong - Boo

I heard only the 1st Eps or so is 19 +
I don’t know if the whole show is

1 Like

the guy in the black and red jacket

SF9 - These guys are really talented Our Barista’s for today!!!
Some Dancing in the Cafe

Now I have to find Rowoon in there!!! He is REALLY tall!
Love their choreography

2 Likes

Actually, I’m sad that don’t really care about any of the weekday Korean dramas streaming right now :slightly_frowning_face: I’m just anticipating Yoo Seung Ho’s comeback and then 2022 dramas. I wonder if we’ll ever get the old k-drama charm back…

1 Like

Comforting Kdrama

We need to add some more here!

So what is it - what is it that you are looking for when you say - Comforting Kdrama???

1 Like

The first dramas that come to my head are I’m Not A Robot, Touch Your Heart, and Thirty But Seventeen. True-to-heart romantic comedies with a nice, big supporting cast of detailed, multi-dimensional characters you slowly fall in love with. Unexpected families. People loving, supporting, and cheering each other on. Heart-fluttering, fluffy, sweet romance. Thoughtful, subtle messages. Side-splitting comedy. Characters that connect, making you feel their emotions. Dramas that leave you unspeakably happy at the end, but very sad that you have to leave the bubble.

3 Likes

I would say DATING in the Kitchen has some of this - funny, his assistant is fun, (I don’t care for the friends of the FL) but it had the most heart fluttering flirt moment last night and it is a TRUE Rom-Com!
She is so adorable I can’t stand it. I also think Love Script is adorable and lots of characters to love.
Of course - I have moved away from k-drama a little lately

We watched a movie last night - The Dude Inside Me - Side Splitting hilarious! Korean
Have you tried OK T new Royal Inspector??

I have a thought about why drama is changing - I believe it is the new WIDER viewing audience - so many more people in the US - because of Netflix are watching more and more drama so Squid Games - Happiness - Vincenzo - these types of more intense dramas are coming out.

5 Likes

Do you guys ever ROAST pecans in butter and salt! SO YUMMY and smells so good!

3 Likes

I agree completely. With the world at large taking more of an interest, there is more and more content that tries to appeal to that audience. I have enjoyed some of that newer content, but I don’t want to lose the qualities of Kdramas that originally drew me to them, which is exactly how @vivi_1485 described them.

3 Likes

I was looking at a lot of what are now “classics” and they are not putting out as much of this content anymore - I hope that they don’t lose that - right now more thrillers and historical tear jerkers are out there along with a lot of fantasy - I thought DOOM was very well done! Let’s see about Red Sky!!! But we need a good new “I Am Not a Robot” or “Oh My Venus”

Seems I am finding this in Chinese dramas lately -

1 Like

The first of the newest dramas that comes to mind with these qualities is Hometown ChaChaCha. Have you given it a try yet? It definitely had that old Kdrama charm.

4 Likes

kim%20seon%20ho%202

I miss him! so much

2 Likes

isn’t he supposed to be in another drama soon? I miss him too!!

1 Like

Movie yes! starts filming in Dec

Sad Tropic

1 Like

I thought so. course can’t wait!!

1 Like

Finally watched these SF9 videos. Their choreography is so cool!

2 Likes

I must find more of their stuff - very fluid group all together - and very light - they remind me of
Park Hyung Sik in ZE:A and how those guys move -
I wish ZE:A would make a comeback

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yup, some dramas (but movies especially) were on the darker side, but even in the past it used to be different (the thriller / suspense kind). Idk… I couldn’t even finish Vincenzo, didn’t watch Squid Games, but I have watched a lot of those type of dramas in the past. Something about them is different now. Not that it’s bad, it just doesn’t interest me as much anymore or something in them has changed :woman_shrugging:.