Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Gorgeous! So many rich-colored frostings on the cakes you share.

5 Likes

They’re very pretty, but if you ever get a cake with black icing ask, what they use to colour it, if they use the normal way of adding dye, just know that everyone will have black tongues and teeth. My wedding cake had black as an accent colour, it was still enough to turn everyone’s teeth and tongue black, LOL

5 Likes

That’s very true!

3 Likes

It’s bit hard to decide, but definitely not the black fondant, black isn’t probably a color I find appetizing but I’d eat the blackberries… so probably the strawberry one thinking it’s lightweight :joy:

4 Likes

ok this is for the “kids at heart”

5 Likes

20221103_225318

5 Likes

how’s this for a snack

they didn’t put a label on it

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

or is this one better

Here’s a smaller version! https://helloyummy.co/fruit-train/

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I really don’t know about this one

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I think this goes to all three
ome & garden.

https://cnaonlinenews.com/category/home-garden/

3 Likes

I almost didn’t see the little ‘people’ in the watermelon shark. That’s morbid. As are the baby deviled eggs, although they are creative.

2 Likes

I also thought that, but I think they are baby chicks, they have beaks

3 Likes

Oh, I see them now. I was sure they were babies in their bassinets. :rofl:

2 Likes

@frustratedwriter, oh phew, I thought they were babies in bassinets too, it’s not so creepy now.

3 Likes

Oh my, the egg babies, cute and funny… must feel strange to eat this, the banana dolphins I’ve seen somewhere and the train is a great idea, and at the shark, I’m not sure I would want to reach my hand inside his jaw :rofl:

3 Likes

It´s so interessting to see that whilst you make candy and funny thing this was all saints weekend for me and a time to light candles graves of family and friends at the cemetery! Thi313175415_5703200186385230_7845012357850494134_n
I´m starting to lookforwards to christmas… I might not like it when the christmas stuff gets on the shelfs in september but now when it´s getting cold and dark is when I need it… :wink:

3 Likes

Nice, I’ll go on the 19th with my friend to light candles at the cemetery where my mom used to go. In past the candles were lit I think for 10 days now much shorter. It’s fun and somewhat food for the thought. The trays with 20 candles are pretty heavy though. It makes me very sad when putting a candle at a child’s grave :sob: :candle:

2 Likes

Children and young people that die is the sadest in my eyes… :heart:

3 Likes

here kitty here kitty!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ready for cake & coffee? or tea??

6 Likes

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

lets decorate our table

This Christmas mason jar centerpiece is lovely!!!

Found here (affiliate link): https://rstyle.me/+g1NBgtz4usHfBLQuAOBgtA

6 Likes

heres another

6 Likes

I made today cranberries jam… they are quite expensive in Europe, but I have fond memories so I had to buy them, I love the tart taste!

4 Likes

I havent had cranberry jelly in a very long time, childhood memory there

4 Likes