Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Is it just me or is there anyone els that is missing spring and summer… Snow is nice to look at but I want a little more daylight and maby less ice, later on I might be slightly unhappy about the mud but it might be worth it…

5 Likes

30 more days!!

2 Likes

Source: :point_down:t5:

A healthy feast is served, recognizing Black History Month.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I just got a message from Viki about end-of -the year “Thank you” gift for volunteering. Has anyone else gotten a message about “yearly gifts”? Or received a gift from Viki? What has been your experience?

1 Like

Some people have gotten, and others, no. See these links below. . . :blush:

• Any news about our annual QC gift already?

• Pinch me, I'm dreaming

1 Like

Thanks for the info and links, @leerla73

1 Like

Thanks @leerla73 for Fumi’s poster, I printed it out to post it in my kitchen :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: , just needed some :two_hearts: today!

I have a health app, but to complete the tasks on the cell phone takes quite some time, I think we are getting more and more dependent on digital gadgets-devices which require data and electricity… in other words “slaves to electronics”… it’s also unhealthy in particular for young children it causes stress and damage to their brains… just read about it, but it’s not new news.

Have a wonderful day :sun_with_face: :sunflower:

3 Likes

I’m doing a screen shot of this, and sending it to fumi’s twitter. As she often says, “do we love darlings?” She will definitely love your response, I am just so glad to be apart of the whole message. :blush: :yellow_heart:

I agree, yup!

2 Likes

To Actually vote, visit the community tab at this link.

2 Likes

Immersive Media Art.

It’s so amazingly cool! :heart: It! :grinning:

:blush::blush::blush: I’d like to see a place like this everywhere! Inclusive of other artist’s work. :heart: it! :blush:

4 Likes

That is so cool!

2 Likes

Do you remember the singer Amerie? She has a book club. In this video below, which is less than five minutes long, they talk about South, and North Korea. Very Interesting. See screenshot for description. Singer Amerie was widely popular. You may have heard her song 1 Thing. Also included below. :grinning: :wink:

The longer discussion on the 1st short video above, this version is more detailed, and very informative! The length is 1:24:12, and covers how we see, and communicate with the world, based on perspective, and emotions, from our learning of languages.

2 Likes

This is soo cool!! Van Gogh is one of the greatest legendary artists ever :ocean: :sunflower: :framed_picture: :night_with_stars: :ear: :ear_of_rice:

3 Likes

Although repetitive and potentially confusing, the presub seems grammatically sound except possibly missing a comma after the first to do.
What it should have been from the presub and editing with similar wording:

How should I do a better job and attract more fans?

worthy romance changed to do a better job into produce a better job which makes it seem like the speaker is producing (i.e. creating) jobs. While the sub rightfully moved away from to do to do, a new confusion was introduced.

That edit should have been something like:
How should I produce better results and attract more fans?

That’s my suggestion, if one insists on using produce in that sentence. Should vs. shall should be looked at.

Everyone has room for improvement.

1 Like

I specifically didn’t get into the use of “produce” because that’s a matter of opinion. It’s also not grammatically incorrect but arguably not the best choice. But as for the original sub, it’s just very wordy, never mind the repetition - not ideal as a subtitle. As an editor, I wouldn’t leave it as is. Aside from proper grammar, subtitles should aim to be as concise as possible (while maintaining meaning) to make it as easy as possible for the reader to get the point in such a small time.

2 Likes

Celebrating Women’s Month!
March 8, 2023 is Women’s Day!

Source:
https://womenshistorymonth.gov/

4 Likes

@my_happy_place

Since I read now that you are also an EDITOR here at RViki, I would love it, love it, if you could satisfy my curiosity and EDIT both of these subtitles in question. There is a rule; fix them as you see it here below, and without watching or getting any information about the scene (that would be cheating since I can’t and won’t watch it since it won’t change my opinion). Also, and if you are up to the challenge, don’t add words, but you can take words out if you need to (so we don’t fall back into the repetitive mode).

worthyromance | Feb 14
“What shall I do to produce a better job and to attract more fans?”
Viki Staff | Feb 9
“What do I need to do to do a better job and attract more fans?”

TE | Feb 11

• Send a rescue team.
  • Okay.
    viki | Feb 10
    -Tell them to send reinforcements.
    -Okay.

One option for the first: “How can I do a better job and attract more fans?”

The second one literally depends on the scenario and context. Reinforcements and a rescue team are two different things. Without seeing what is happening or knowing the context, I cannot determine which is most appropriate for the situation. I have no idea where the sub comes from, so I cannot answer that.

2 Likes

There’s no Spanish in there, and I tried to detect what language is used on the video, and it says Telugu language.

1 Like