Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Trust me, Iā€™m 18. I just have a baby face. I get that a lot from people.
Iā€™m trying for my little brother, he just acts like nothing happened. I get it, though, everyone has a different way of coping.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry that you and your family have had to endure such a tragedy. Sending virtual hugs. :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it.
Thereā€™s times where itā€™s easy to handle, and others harder.

6 Likes

I have never wanted children when I was young it was something that was expected ā€œevery woman wants childrenā€ā€¦ and so on now Iā€™m thankfully considered old so that has stopped. In my opinion if someone wants children get them, live the life you want is what I always say. Be happy the years you have, you really donā€™t know how long time you have. I think itā€™s 20 or so years ago now that I had serious anemia and almost died (Iā€™m totally fine now), that was my turning point. I decided to live and stop putting things on hold, if I want to try something I do it not in the ā€œfutureā€. My life became more interesting to say the least.

6 Likes

@auttygotty

Since is recently since your brother passed away, as time goes by some days will be very, very hard, but believe me things will feel better. My son was only 2 years and 9 months when he died. he would have been 44 years old I had him at 17 years old. He had an Enlarge heart and small lungs. READ; THE 5 Stages OF GRIEF by Elizabeth Kubler Ross it helped me so much! I have read all her books.
On Grief and Grieving Amazon;$10.00
Book by David Kessler and Elisabeth KĆ¼bler-Ross

@auttygotty
PS. I worry more when they act like nothing has happened so please talk to your little brother and watch him. You can find this books in the Library too.

4 Likes

We can do take-a-way/subtraction/minus, a wonderful thing is Mathematics. :rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl: Oh! btw the number on my user name is not related to my age thoā€™. . .
This threadā€™s post explains more. . .

2 Likes

I used to be like him. I refused to believe the fact that he was dead, until it hit me.
I check up on him everyday, just to make sure heā€™s okay. Our real mother abused us. So, yes, weā€™ve only had each other. Iā€™ll always be there.
The pain of knowing your mother chose substances over her own children, will never go away.
Iā€™m not the sister he wants, but I try to be the sister he needs.

3 Likes

YOU HAVE A GOOD HEAD ON YOUR SHOULDER, and Iā€™m proud that you have not let adversity stop you from being kind, caring and supporting to your little brother who needs you, but you need him too because together you will face life challenges and will overcome anything that comes your way.

You need to see a Therapist if you havenā€™t done so yet, they are such an immense help because they know the pain we are going through. Itā€™s really not your motherā€™s fault to choose substance abuse since drugs are the biggest evil of this world,.and they canā€™t fight that evil because drugs destroy their brain, mind, decisions, and they are like zombies with no feelings, no love. They live and exist for that next ā€˜ā€˜hitā€™ā€™ Only a few may have the willpower to start a clean drug free life, but is a long battle many fail and very few can ever let that evil go. I should know since I lost 3 half brothers (father side only) to drug use; they live in our Island Puerto Rico. They were hard workers, two of them with careers, and one day all that was no longer part of their life.

Donā€™t think you are alone because we Grandmaā€™s/halmoni @frustratedwriter @leerla73 @angelight313_941 will always be here for you, so let us know anything that bothers you and weā€™ll answer you to the best of our capabilitiesā€¦ :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Serena! :us::pregnant_woman:t5::tennis: :athletic_shoe:

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, she had some scary complications during or after her first pregnancy. I hope this pregnancy and birth are healthy and smooth. Congrats to their little family.

6 Likes

Everyone is surprisingly quiet today.

3 Likes

There are days like that. Sometimes you can hear crickets. :cricket: :laughing:

5 Likes

That honestly makes so much sense. Major crickets. :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

4 Likes

Haa-ha! Crickets. Ever since the big shift to that other media, but its all good. I use to catch grasshoppers when I was under 10, eons ago. Thereā€™s nothing like a starry, sparse clouds, and a deep night blue sky, with crickets in the background. A light wind, and just right temperatures. Aaah! . . memories. . .

Looks like a fandom took on a fight, that lasted at least a month, maybe more, and won major victories. SHINee, and the Shawols.

5 Likes

I used to be a major K-pop fan when I was in middle school, mostly because I could understand the lyrics and liked watching people who did not know Korean try to sing the songs.
Now, I like anything but K-pop and Country, unless the beat is nice. This song I had to perform to.

2 Likes

Halmoni? Are you guys there?

1 Like

@auttygotty,
Whatā€™s up?

2 Likes

I wanted to talk to someone, howā€™s your day going?

1 Like

Okay,
Talk away. Just remember this is viewed by any, and everyone, even though they donā€™t have an account with Viki.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not worried about that. Todayā€™s just been rough.

2 Likes