Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Today I’m going to the community garden and bring the 5 cocoon butterflies that were in a glase vase on my balcony. They should hatch this month and fly to find a mate and lay eggs on parsley or fennel to start the cycle over again. Sadly these butterflies live only about a month, but they are very beautiful!

9 Likes

Sounds beautifull to see the stages at home… butterflies and dragonflies are so beautifull to look at.

6 Likes

wow y’all did great! love it… so thats how its spelt! Halmoni, hmmmm so I guess I am one.
y’al makin me feel “young” heheheh, old,hehehehe I will be 77 next birthday, shhhhhhhh!
and can’t turn the age around, Leerla, 37

4 Likes

Oh, and I could have grandkids if I had children but I never wanted any… I wanted animals so thats what I got… :wink:

6 Likes

@auttygotty

GOD BLESS YOU! You are so beautiful but you look 15 or 14 not 18. I’m so sorry that you lost your oldest brother. I know the pain of loosing someone you love always stay strong to be there for your little brother.

3 Likes

@maria_lavendula_77

I keep telling my youngest daughter not to have kids until things get normalize with all this disease looming in the air and news of warsworld war 3 looming/ saudi rabia and china unting power/Russia close to South Korea coast receiving support from north korea/. I try to stay calm, but my grandkids are still so young… :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Trust me, I’m 18. I just have a baby face. I get that a lot from people.
I’m trying for my little brother, he just acts like nothing happened. I get it, though, everyone has a different way of coping.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that you and your family have had to endure such a tragedy. Sending virtual hugs. :people_hugging:

6 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it.
There’s times where it’s easy to handle, and others harder.

6 Likes

I have never wanted children when I was young it was something that was expected “every woman wants children”… and so on now I’m thankfully considered old so that has stopped. In my opinion if someone wants children get them, live the life you want is what I always say. Be happy the years you have, you really don’t know how long time you have. I think it’s 20 or so years ago now that I had serious anemia and almost died (I’m totally fine now), that was my turning point. I decided to live and stop putting things on hold, if I want to try something I do it not in the “future”. My life became more interesting to say the least.

6 Likes

@auttygotty

Since is recently since your brother passed away, as time goes by some days will be very, very hard, but believe me things will feel better. My son was only 2 years and 9 months when he died. he would have been 44 years old I had him at 17 years old. He had an Enlarge heart and small lungs. READ; THE 5 Stages OF GRIEF by Elizabeth Kubler Ross it helped me so much! I have read all her books.
On Grief and Grieving Amazon;$10.00
Book by David Kessler and Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

@auttygotty
PS. I worry more when they act like nothing has happened so please talk to your little brother and watch him. You can find this books in the Library too.

4 Likes

We can do take-a-way/subtraction/minus, a wonderful thing is Mathematics. :rofl::laughing::rofl::rofl: Oh! btw the number on my user name is not related to my age tho’. . .
This thread’s post explains more. . .

2 Likes

I used to be like him. I refused to believe the fact that he was dead, until it hit me.
I check up on him everyday, just to make sure he’s okay. Our real mother abused us. So, yes, we’ve only had each other. I’ll always be there.
The pain of knowing your mother chose substances over her own children, will never go away.
I’m not the sister he wants, but I try to be the sister he needs.

3 Likes

YOU HAVE A GOOD HEAD ON YOUR SHOULDER, and I’m proud that you have not let adversity stop you from being kind, caring and supporting to your little brother who needs you, but you need him too because together you will face life challenges and will overcome anything that comes your way.

You need to see a Therapist if you haven’t done so yet, they are such an immense help because they know the pain we are going through. It’s really not your mother’s fault to choose substance abuse since drugs are the biggest evil of this world,.and they can’t fight that evil because drugs destroy their brain, mind, decisions, and they are like zombies with no feelings, no love. They live and exist for that next ‘‘hit’’ Only a few may have the willpower to start a clean drug free life, but is a long battle many fail and very few can ever let that evil go. I should know since I lost 3 half brothers (father side only) to drug use; they live in our Island Puerto Rico. They were hard workers, two of them with careers, and one day all that was no longer part of their life.

Don’t think you are alone because we Grandma’s/halmoni @frustratedwriter @leerla73 @angelight313_941 will always be here for you, so let us know anything that bothers you and we’ll answer you to the best of our capabilities… :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Serena! :us::pregnant_woman:t5::tennis: :athletic_shoe:

4 Likes

If I remember correctly, she had some scary complications during or after her first pregnancy. I hope this pregnancy and birth are healthy and smooth. Congrats to their little family.

6 Likes

Everyone is surprisingly quiet today.

3 Likes

There are days like that. Sometimes you can hear crickets. :cricket: :laughing:

5 Likes

That honestly makes so much sense. Major crickets. :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

4 Likes

Haa-ha! Crickets. Ever since the big shift to that other media, but its all good. I use to catch grasshoppers when I was under 10, eons ago. There’s nothing like a starry, sparse clouds, and a deep night blue sky, with crickets in the background. A light wind, and just right temperatures. Aaah! . . memories. . .

Looks like a fandom took on a fight, that lasted at least a month, maybe more, and won major victories. SHINee, and the Shawols.

5 Likes