Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

am I missing something? angels last mission is here on Viki

3 Likes

Yes - Waiting on my alter ego to get a PASS - So we can Watch Party Together - @my_happy_place

3 Likes

Yeah, I really wanted to try that coffee, even though I donā€™t drink coffee :rofl:

Was also the reason I made this topic in the past :laughing:

Still havenā€™t actually bought the coffee yet though. They sell it in some of the Korean stores, but Iā€™d have to buy a whole box :laughing:

2 Likes

I told you guys after K2
I might be having a Wookie LoveFEST!
I am!

Look at this SMILE! and his curly hair! I CANNOT EVEN! My Wookie!

Can he be ANY more Beautiful and Sweet! He gets Paid - so FUNNY

3 Likes

Heā€™s just so darn cute.

2 Likes

Another one of the many things I love about k-pop: The comebacks!
I follow three groups - My ult, EXO, and then NCT DREAM and SEVENTEEN. All of them have comebacks in their own way. I love the initial excitement of waiting and watching trailers and highlight medleys, counting down the minutes for the MV to drop. Once it comes out, that apprehension of ā€œIs it going to be good?ā€ and then being completely blown away.
I love the way the fandom rallies and camps in the comments for the next whole month, encouraging each other, screaming, streaming, playing around, doing in-depth reviews, and just enjoying themselves. The crazy streaming and then the exultation when we see the number of views after 24 hours.

A few hours after the MV comes the KBS Music Bank stage. Then the choreography video. Memorizing the lyrics, dancing madly, and then trying to copy a few steps of the choreo. And sometimes, like in the case of this Seventeen comeback, they release a video of the fanchant instructions - where the boys do the fan-chant for the title track so the fandom can coordinate it. In this timeā€™s comeback, theyā€™re having a whole rap and reverse rap of the membersā€™ names during the last chorus! It sounds so good when everyone is cheering together, but itā€™s oh so hard to memorize :joy::joy: But thatā€™s the fun of it.
https://youtu.be/17e6GPFEbNA?t=170
This is how it sounds live:
https://youtu.be/B-V8rziObdU?t=163

5 Likes

I started watching my current drama and when my youngest came in to talk I completely forgot I could pause the video. Weird side effect of a watch party? lol

8 Likes

Iā€™ve done that too. Drama watcher problems. :rofl:

7 Likes

LOL I found this so funny :joy::joy:

I was watching a drama with my cousin on NF and you know how NF has a bad habit of not subtitling English in a k-drama? I was so surprised to find myself STRUGGLING to understand the English, even though it was perfectly understandable. :flushed::sweat_smile: The language-switching really takes a toll on a person!

Today, I finished my last prelim exam(practice exams conducted by the school). I made the fateful mistake of clicking the wrong button and submitted the Google Form before I had even checked it over. I wasnā€™t allowed to fill another one :sob: If that wasnā€™t enough, I had FORTY FIVE minutes to occupy myself while everyone else filled their forms. Of course I had to go to YouTube and listen to Seventeenā€™s new MV without checking to see if I had muted myself :flushed: I really didnā€™t know your computer sound is shared when you unmute. As a result, all my classmates had the honor of listening to one of k-popā€™s best 2021 comebacks while filling their forms for a good ten seconds before my teacher alerted me to the fact that I was unintentionally hosting a mini-concert during exam time.
Heat flooded into my face and I tried to act like nothing happened, but of course everyone knew exactly who had played the music because, wellā€¦ itā€™s k-pop. :sob::flushed: I donā€™t know how to end this story, so thank you to whoever is reading this :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

So Iā€™ve been rewatching Love Me If You Dare and when the FL moves & redecorates the hippo she buys always reminds me of The North American House Hippo. Actually go to utube and read the comments of the video.

4 Likes

another on the list,that Love me if you dare was awesome when I first watched it, now back on my list to rewatch

5 Likes

amino apps
Wordpress
https://c.tenor.com/4IeASUP5Yg4AAAAC/got7-bam-bam.gif
tenor
https://data.whicdn.com/images/334452656/original.gif
We Heart It

BAM BAM - Kunpimook Bhuwakul - GOT 7 - Barista Extraordinaire today
OOOHH he is actual Thai

2 Likes

Last night, I finally managed, after starting in the summer, to get to the end of A Good Supper.

Iā€™m not sure why it had to be 120 episodes . . . or why the driving force had to be interlocked strange love triangles . . . or why characters spent so much energy tryingā€“or so it seemedā€“to deliberately misunderstand each other.

But overall, there were wonderful moments, and I came to admire even more the actors and actresses who choose to do ā€œcharacter work.ā€ It is the small background details and gestures that give, to me, give any good drama a sense of solidity.

7 Likes

My teenager just told me I was mean because I raised her in a house with a large kitchen with too many appliances and baking paraphernalia. Did I never consider how much itā€™s going to cost her to replicated it? lol

She of course doesnā€™t remember living in a 25ā€™ trailer when she was a baby, and I had to remind her that I was almost 40 when I got my beautiful kitchen. I had to remind her of the reality, that most of us donā€™t move into beautiful houses when we leave home. lol

7 Likes

So Our Barista Today is out of the Fantasy World - The Long Ballad - My new Favorite Everything!

Leo Wu - Handsome - Gorgeous - Only 21 years old Male Lead
(and the 2nd ML bad boy is so handsome too)

2 Likes

Hahaha!! That is hilarious and hits close to home. All of last week, the Registrar and Assistant Registrar in my office have been on a Microsoft Teams live video chat and have been, in conjunction with our vendor, fixing issues in the new student database on-the-fly. My office is right next door to the ARā€™s office and on more than one occasion, I have heard the Registrar tell the AR that she is not muted usually when the AR is having a laugh-it-up phone call with an advisor. LOL! It happens to the best of us.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: Why have I been hearing this quote a LOT more lately? Every time I come running to my best friend, screaming and wallowing in embarrassment because of another of my escapades, she serenely tells me it happens to the best of us :joy::sob: But Iā€™m not used to being the best of anybody!

4 Likes

@kdrama2020ali You have a treat waiting for you! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
https://www.soompi.com/article/1495113wpp/watch-2pms-junho-plays-with-his-adorable-nephew-in-home-alone-i-live-alone-preview

4 Likes

I saw this - I die over and over again! The previews are so adorable

2 Likes

We gushed over it endlessly. Isnā€™t his nephew adorable?!?

3 Likes