Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

i started reading the manhwa and didn’t like it(too fast, weird and comical for my taste - I’d excuse it in a jdrama but I don’t know how I’d feel watching it in a kdrama. I’m hoping the writers will adapt it nicely, adding their warm kdrama touch to it.

I’m right there with you lol

3 Likes

I just saw a trailer for Chae Soo Bin and Kang Daniel’s upcoming drama ‘Rookie Cops’ and I’m even more sad because I think it won’t be available in the US, and I want to see it so bad. :sob:

4 Likes

Oh dear. I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t like the source material. Here’s hoping that the drama writers will make improvements that everyone can enjoy. I enjoy a good rom com but sometimes I find the J Drama ones a little too wacky. so I understand where you are coming from. It just depends on the drama and the production team.

3 Likes

Did I know this - or not - I saw on his Insta that someone had sent a Coffee Truck - ah - Kim Min Jae did…

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508850wpp/woo-do-hwan-thanks-kim-min-jae-for-sending-sweet-support-to-set-of-new-drama

I can’t wait to see Woo Do again on SCREEN

7 Likes

I really don’t know where to put this one, but as y’all know I am an Atlantien and love stories, forgive me if this shouldn’t go here, manager you can take it off. fess up? I did it

The sea was quiet this morning, the soft waves silently laping the shore. I was watching out at the horizon, watching the Dolphins doing their antics. they are really fun to watch. As for me , I had to go out to the deep to inspect the disruption that occured recently. Not just the storm, but an earthquake which caused a huge tusanmi , ;. the dolphins alerted me, in their special way, they help me in finding these problems. as I grew up I lived in a colony that lived in the sea. So I learned to communicate with the sea creatures. I also am a seaologist, so with their help I can do my job.
Swimming with the dolphins this morning, carrying my instruments along, before I got to the problem, my instruments started going off. I was surprised that they did go off cause I wasn’t close enough to the disturbance.

I dove deeper into the sea, checking the sea floor for any new cracks , crevices, even a beginning volcano. and yep there it was, newly formed volcano, it hasn’t erupted, yet, but looks like any time and soon it will. the earthquake, created the volcano top. the activity was very strong and the other scientists wanted me to find out.I know the sea I love to explore I can go deeper that the subs , cause I am a mermaid…

4 Likes

lol No, unless I watch them later. I only see 1 part in 4 or 8, depending on how many others are on the team when I am segmenting the show. I see what is going on in the part I’m working on but not really paying much attention to the plot since it is only a 10-minute stretch and I have no idea what all else is going on in the episode. If I like the show, I’ll binge-watch it once all the episodes are ready.

4 Likes

@Vivi, did you see the news, baby #2 has arrived, no news on the gender though.
EXO’s Chen Welcomes Birth Of Second Child | Soompi

And of course there are still haters, fake fans. But Real fans want them to be happy and healthy.

Congratulations, :tada: I hope the family are all healthy and thriving.

4 Likes

I wish people would just stick to Soompi for news. Though they’re not perfect, they’re the most reliable k-entertainment news outlet for international fans. Most of the time, they seem to be more interested in reporting actual news instead of gossip. They don’t add unnecessary details just to add fuel to a tiny fire. When you’re famous, there will always be haters. Since EXO has one of the biggest fandoms in kpop, the number of haters will obviously be more. I don’t even want to click on that allkpop link - I’m in this fandom. I’ve seen those stupid clowns at work, commenting all sorts of garbage.

The majority of EXO-L love Chen. We’re so happy about the news - and we’ve become Auntie-Ls for the second time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smile: He’s my favorite kpop vocal and I can’t love him enough :heart: Spent all day listening to his beautiful, clear vocals. I wish him alll the best, and I hope the family stays healthy and happy.

5 Likes

good point, I’ll remove the link.

1 Like

If this isn’t the cutest thing EVER … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

not to brag or anything, but our fandom IS the cutest :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy: My whole face brightens up and there are literal hearts in my eyes whenever someone mentions Chen’s kids, Kai’s niece and nephew, or Chanyeol’s tiny dogs Zzar and Toben(Short for Mozart and Beethoven :smile:)
You should see the way EXO-L fawn over EXO’s junior group, NCT - we have a collective mother-ish feeling towards them :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Every time I see videos of him interacting with them, I just MELT. :blush:

I absolutely ADORE all the NCT iterations. They’re all such little babies!

4 Likes

Got really excited to see some news about Kang Joon’s upcoming drama that he filmed before heading off to the military, but then got sad that it, too, is on Disney+, which means, I believe, no US airing. Why must Disney do this to me?

Watch: Kim Ah Joong, Seo Kang Joon, And More Chase Down A Mysterious Ghost In “Grid” Trailer And Posters | Soompi

5 Likes

Aren’t they such a pretty couple?
I never thought we would actually get wedding photos! Choi Tae Joon lit up my screen so many times… it feels so weird - and lovely! - to see him! I’m still really sad over the fact that we didn’t get a single photo of Chen’s wedding, so this cheered me up a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wishing the happy couple all the best, and a safe delivery for Park Shin Hye :heart:

9 Likes

So gorgeous! I love her dress in the first one (not that the second one is bad). Wishing them the very best in this new chapter of their lives!

5 Likes

I love both of them! They are great actors! I didn’t even know they were together until I saw their big announcement! I am super happy for them! They look amazing!

6 Likes

that dress is to DIE for - he doesn’t look the same! I recognize her always!

6 Likes

Yes, that they are, love the shows I’ve seen them in :blush:

2 Likes

:blush: :+1:t5: Thanks for the share Vivi_1485 I agree with kdrama2020ali he looks different, Park ShinHye’s signature looks are intact! His signature looks pops more in the second photo. Their smile is a mirror, and looks so much the same! :grinning: Love their trust in each other, it shows in the photos.

4 Likes

ikr!! :heart_eyes:

It was the opposite for me - I almost didn’t recognize her in the second photo! Not used to seeing her with her hair tied, I guess… Tae Joon’s signature smile and model pose haven’t changed at all.

3 Likes