Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I don’t like crawfish though they creep me out and no snails for me!

Ewww. No. None for me either. I’ve never eaten crawfish, but I kind of feel like I’d like it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

If it is in a dish, like gumbo or jambalaya I don’t mind. I just can’t peel them and eat them - they look like bugs to me! bahahaha! But I like Lobster

2 Likes

Similar to how I feel about peeling shrimp, but I manage because they’re tasty. :shrimp::joy: Also LOVE lobster. Truthfully, I love most seafood, except not fish so much.

2 Likes

Oh - I love shrimp and SALMON I love salmon -
I am getting hungry for this salmon and naan bread that I get

1 Like

The only fish I will eat happily.

1 Like

See we are twins and Junho loves Salmon! We should take him out to dinner!

1 Like

Sounds good. I live in the land of salmon, so you could all come to my neck of the woods.

3 Likes

I’m allergic to seafood but I can eat certain kind of fish. there is a red salmon I can’t eat bc I get the allergy crap. Shrimp almost killed me twice. It’s weird but most of my family are allergic to shrimp lol.

2 Likes

That’s so scary!

2 Likes

That is a hard allergy to have to shellfish because sometimes you don’t know what it could be in.

1 Like

Yes, I learned the hard way that I was allergic to shrimp, and many seafood products. I am very careful. Sadly, my daughter liked in the past to make shrimp part of her diet, and when she was cooking them I got red and couldn’t breath, and we realized that even if I didn’t eat or cooked shrimp I would get a bad allergic reaction. My poor daughter got so traumatized she never cooked them again.

This was interesting to watch. He even give tips how to eat it.

1 Like

Wow, that’s serious if even being near them cooking gives you a reaction! Poor girl.

2 Likes

The good thing is there are tell-tale when I’m in danger. I feel a horrible itching inside my ears; so I run to get my Benadryl pills while I can still swallow them bc if my throat gets swollen I’m minutes away to death door.

Many, many years back, I bought a vegetable fried rice and minutes later I started swelling up and gasping for dear breath and when I got to the ER another young man had the same thing, and they were working on both of us, and after we could talk they found out we order food at the same place so they send the police which waited for the Department of Health inspector to get there , close the place, and find out what went wrong. We spend the night getting stabilized since my allergic reaction kept flaring up. They finally told me that when they cooked the rice they used the shrimp water. THE WATER from the shrimp almost killed us both bc the young man was really bad too.

I swore off Chinese food after that, and was warned that if I ate Chinese food again, to warn them not to use shrimp water or have shrimp anywhere close to my food. I’m not a fan at all of Chinese food, but my youngest son loves it so much I do buy it for him once in a while. I’m glad that he is not as obsessed as he was with it before, and better yet, he never liked shrimp.

1 Like

Holy cow, that’s terrifying. I am glad you have made it through both experiences. I’d probably be scared to ever eat something I didn’t cook myself after that.

2 Likes

I wish we had something better than a “heart” because some of our comments need a different emoji
Right!!! :exploding_head:

Summary
4 Likes

Yes, there are things that can be sad, and we are giving a heart like we love the terrible thing that happened :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW, lately I can’t give hearts at all (it never happened before) I click and click and heart won’t appear.

1 Like

I’ve read that even kissing a person who ate a food someone is allergic to can trigger a reaction. So scary.

Kissing Can Trigger Allergic Reactions In Susceptible People, As Can Sex (medicalnewstoday.com)

3 Likes

It’s really too bad that we don’t have other options. I remember back in the day when FB only had a ‘like’.

But your ‘hearts’ are showing up in my notifications.

4 Likes

My sister-in-law has had that happen after my brother ate one of her many allergy-triggering foods.

2 Likes