Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

I’m watching the Olympics now. I was waiting for it. Good Night everyone. Hope I wake up to find a heart from @frustratedwriter.

China won (Gold) the swimming Freestyle Relay competition. USA second place.(Silver)

2 Likes

Goodnight! :sleeping:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, that looks so GOOD!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I’m jealousssss
Glad you enjoyed it!

I remember the first time I had to do this. I was so grossed out but I thought about all those seafood-cleaning scenes I’ve watched in kdramas and tried to act like one of those characters :joy: I was so proud of myself after it was cooked and tasty!

3 Likes

Nice work! I wonder if they are even tastier if a hottie in a kdrama peels them for you, though. :wink:

2 Likes

hehe things are always tastier if you’re eating it with someone you love!

[I kinda have an aversion to “hotties” because of not very nice personal experiences. So I’d prefer to say “someone I love” instead of “hottie” :sweat_smile:]

2 Likes

Perfectly reasonable. I understand. It’s also tastier when you aren’t the one who has to deal with the messy shells and such.

2 Likes

It probably does… “while you’re making a sandwich, your brain is thinking about each ingredient and subconsciously already consuming it. By the time you take that first bite, your brain thinks that sandwich is old news and doesn’t find the same satisfaction.”
Study Proves Sandwiches Taste Better When Someone Else Makes Them (picklemans.com)

5 Likes

An actual study proves this? That’s amazing! Once I read that reasoning, it made perfect sense. The power of the mind…

2 Likes

Another article said that if you imagine yourself eating a certain food over and over again, you will more likely eat less of it, or something along those lines. Maybe I should try that with chocolate. lol

3 Likes

I can think of lots of foods for which I should try this. LOL

2 Likes

I’ve been eating fried chicken and ramyeon in my head for two years now… and nothing’s changed :sweat_smile::flushed: I still crave it all the time.

2 Likes

Oh no! My hopes have been dashed. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@my_happy_place Maybe we need to imagine making the food and eating it.

2 Likes

Doesn’t hurt to try, I suppose.

2 Likes

That’s insane :open_mouth: Though if the same applies to drinks, it would explain why my latte macchiatos are never quite as good as those I buy.

3 Likes

I need to ask a favor. My boyfriend went to the market and thought he was buying a watermellon but it is a winter melon. Can someone give ideas on how to make dishes with this. Thank you

1 Like

Check on youtube. I just searched for Winter Melon Dishes, and these are some of what I found.

3 Likes

Anything taste better to us, when someone else makes it. Since we have to do the ‘‘taste test’’ I rarely have any desire to eat when I’m done cooking. I go one hour away from where I live, to my sister’s house so she can make me her delicious coffee. Her coffee (same brand) taste so different from mine, and I believe is just bc I’m tired of drinking my own coffee.
@sweetybirdtoo @my_happy_place
Note to everyone who wants a new method of dieting?.. and I guarantee it works. When I was younger ( mid 20’S?) I was always on a diet, but after my third child by the age of 21, I was having a hard time losing weight (my metabolism was slowing down and i was gaining weight). I found this book which sadly, I don’t remember the author or title of the book. Anyway, she was a compulsive eater and ugh the way she ate was a bit ‘‘too much’’ Getting to the point: She said to eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch, dinner and try to do it for as many days as you can (3 days at least). At that time, I was obsessed with cheese, pizza and Oreo cookies.

I followed the instructions for 3 days and to this day, I see Oreo cookies, and I get nauseous. My son likes them, so I buy them and when I take one, halfway through eating it, I feel sick/ nauseous. The cheese: I ate cheese morning, lunch, dinner but I added tomato paste so I can eat pizza once or twice a year without feeling sick not more than that. The combination of yellow cheese with tomato paste reminded me of pizza (another thing I was obsessed with) so it helped me curve my obsession with cheese and pizza at the same time.

That method, in my opinion works, but like everything in life I stopped caring about my weight around my 50’s so the weight gain was so bad; I had to get gastric bypass. Later on, i’ll try finding the book I read years (centuries) back, so I can post it here or if someone finds a new version of it, please provide the link.

3 Likes

I have heard about this method before, but I don’t know how effective it could be for me. I had gallbladder problems with very specific food triggers, and even now have very specific foods that I know are going to make me feel uncomfortable, and yet I can’t always fight the urge to eat them because the joy of tasting them outweighs the discomfort I know I’m going to feel later. And if gallbladder pain is not enough of a deterrent, I don’t know what could be. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

@my_happy_place

OMG I know your pain! my soon to be 44 year old daughter, has gallbladder problem, and she needs surgery, but she lives in Florida and refuse to have surgery until the ‘‘pandemic’’ is over. I’m praying for a miracle. I definitely don’t recommend this ‘‘diet/method’’ to anyone who has any stomach related condition. I will keep you in my prayers too.

3 Likes