Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

This was my thought process after reading what you wrote and watching the video a few times…

Wow, I don’t know how to interpret it. You certainly could look at it as a toxic relationship, or that she’s taken herself on this toxic journey. The use of colors is interesting, there’s a lot of blue and black, both of which I would associate with depression.

Looking up colors in Korean culture, blue is often associated with female energy, which leads me to believe that this is a relationship she’s fabricated in her mind. The book ‘Only Time Will Tell’ I think is just being used for its title, not the story, the look on his face when he leaves it seems to be one of pity. Here it feels like he’s explained there’s nothing between them, at her birthday he’s wishing her well, and at the press conference he looks like he’s done with her narrative. Then at the end, like you said, he’s being a professional and playing it like she’s upped her game in the play, his smile there seems to be a bit like pity and frustration.

However right at the end you see it’s the sharp thorns of the roses that have given her the scars, I think it may actually be a commentary on the toxic nature of fans and online comments, being too involved in the private lives of of their idols. How the fans either created a fake ship that the actress fed into, or more likely how hate comments put too much pressure on the couple and ultimately destroyed the relationship.

3 Likes

Oh wow how could i have missed that! Yes youre right

As for the fans thing… its possible but the lyrics dont exactly match. And fans usually reserve their intense hatred to the point of hating them for dating/having kids mostly only in the kpop industry. Nobody makes much of a big deal if two actors date. Feels like its more of an obsession story, where she fell for a fictional character, the idea of him and not the person he really was. She’s constantly blurring the lines between fiction and reality, hurting herself and going crazy but she cant help it.

Now youre making me remember Baekhyun and i really will cry :cry:

3 Likes

You see that’s part of why I thought this. I know it doesn’t fit the lyrics, but it kind of made me think of Baekhyun crying during his play. :arrow_down: It was 8 years ago so it probably has nothing to do with them. But the pain/scars coming from the roses/love from the audience seems significant.

Summary

Link to the video, hiding if for Vivi
https://youtu.be/Q9rnG9zOxtM

3 Likes

Saw that :disappointed_relieved: i really hope its not about that because it makes me soooo sad

They still manage to be two of the most perky, silly people on stage and everywhere, showering their fans with so much love, going the extra mile to interact with them… :confounded::confounded:

3 Likes

here y’all go, platter for the day! well not able to put it on “do you cook” so thought I’d be generous and we could enjoy this treat today

7 Likes

Fruit Butterfly! :butterfly: :grin:
水果 蝴蝶! :butterfly: Fruit Hudie! :grin:
과일 나비! :butterfly: Fruit Nabi! :grin:

Screenshot_20220328-112622_Messages

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love that fruit butterfly. It’s so pretty.

4 Likes

@my_happy_place,
Although not edible, this one gives more eye pleasure. :wink: :blush:

3 Likes

That one is very cool as well!

3 Likes

ok y’all nuff fruit lately, lets “chow down” even if it is a beauty, lets have coffee or tea, and where is our cutie baristas???

and this is for 122000," the bugle boy" comes into play too the andrew sisters, ok wasn’t there another set of sisters too?

wonder where we can find those old movies, hey these were before my time, about 5-10 years before I was born, but watching them was awesome.

and those dancing films , awesome.

5 Likes

6 Likes

another “tray,” but look closely

hehehehehe, my kind of “tray”

5 Likes

Very! It’s like I’m tasting it right now! :grinning: Brings back memories of wedding cakes eaten. :rofl: Lovely!

:rofl::laughing::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Indeed! :cookie:

5 Likes

Wow! That Swan Cake is gorgeous!

Got to have some “Swan Music” to enjoy it with:

@frustratedwriter
Yes, there were some other “Sister” acts during Big Band Era, although The Andrews Sisters remain the most famous during that time.

The Boswell Sisters

The McGuire Sisters (although they really became popular and most known during the early 1950’s)

Not part of the Big Band Era (or a Sister Act) but I had to include The Chordettes. The First “Girl Group” of Rock n’ Roll era of 1950’s. Their harmonies were soo good.

In other news-Jungkook of BTS now also diagnosed with COVID-19! J-Hope still in quarantine in South Korea for his COVID-19. Not sure what this will mean for BTS upcoming performance at the Grammy Awards this Sunday. Anyway, wishing both guys a speedy recovery and hope they will be able to participate in the Las Vegas tour concerts, if not the Grammy Awards.
https://www.soompi.com/article/1518836wpp/btss-j-hope-tests-positive-for-covid-19

2 Likes

heres one just to tease

love the dragon!

and thanks for the updates for the “sisters”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ok another cake to share

🐔🌿🐔🌿🐔 Today’s cake of the day is this beautiful and very detailed chicken cake🐔🌿

Photo found on Pinterest

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

amazing!
coffee anyone! where my barista?
Such faaaabulous work on this typewriter cake,

by Cakeheads member, Sugar Coated Bakery !

and I just noticed the keys. now thats artistry!

5 Likes

OH GOSH! I just had to do it!! don’t defriend me…

M&M gravity defying cake by Crazy cake lady

https://cakesdecor.com/cakes/360633-m-m-gravity-defying-cake

#m&ms #gravitydefying #illusion #noveltycakes #renshawssugarpaste #sweets #chocolate #nutellacream #cakesdecor #cakestagram #cake #cakedecorating #cakeart #cakedecor #cakesdecor

5 Likes

Haa-ha! :rofl:
:rofl: They have them eating the crumpled
papers too! :rofl:
Hmmm. . . Underwood, never heard of it! :joy:

3 Likes

My Kihyun becomes the second Monsta X member to test positive for Covid. :cry: Chances are fairly good it will make its way through the rest of the group, as they were in prep mode for their April 11 comeback date, which unfortunately has had to be postponed.

Beloved Junho was also recently diagnosed. And the whole world knows about Jungkook. It just never ends. :worried:

5 Likes