Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

You did! :rofl: I had the biggest grin on my face :joy: I was clapping, and cheering, and calling your name out loud!

5 Likes

@frustratedwriter

1.Something people hate to find on their windshields? *cats tracks* 
2.Something a man might buy before going on a date? *box of chocolates*
3.Something you cook in a microwave? *pudding / vegetable souffle*
4.An item found in an old man’s wallet? *disease warning*
5.Something always in the fridge? *eggs*
6. An item found in grandma’s purse? *lace gloves*
7.Sport where you might lose a tooth? *wagging rollerblading*
8. A fruit that isn’t round? *mango*
9.Something you eat on Thanksgiving? *lots of cakes*

10.Something you find in a glove box? sunglasses
11.Four people who you think that will play along with you? funny people :clap:
12. why do you play these silly things? because I like it , and because I like you all :heart:
:sunglasses:
:hugs: I hug you all virtually and thank you!

9 Likes

It’s been really fun reading everyone’s answers! We’ve had more participants than I anticipated. :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes
  • Something people hate to find on their windshields? Bird Poop
  • Something a man might buy before going on a date? A Condom
  • Something you cook in a microwave? Baked potato
  • An item found in an old man’s wallet? Ancient times photos
  • Something always in the fridge? Milk for my morning coffee
  • An item found in grandma’s purse? A embroider handkerchief
  • Sport where you might lose a tooth? Basketball (my son lost two not one)
  • A fruit that isn’t round? Strawberries
  • Something you eat on Thanksgiving? Lots of pies
  • Something odd you’ll find in my glove compartment? Inhaler for my asthma
  • Four people who you think that will play along with you? The ones that honestly like me
  • Why do you play these silly things? It’s SUNDAY and I’m bored to the core.
6 Likes

well I did it for fun, glad y’all enjoyed it!

4 Likes

@frustratedwriter

I didn’t know it was you. Another great one coming from you. Thanks for sharing. it was fun.

1 Like

I often see tabi in Japanese movies/series but this is my first time trying and practice in my own. I have never used any thing with a split toe before (normal I’m barefoot in the dojo). Have any of you used tabi or other traditional footwear (can’t find a better word)?

4 Likes

My Answers:

• Something people hate to find on their windshields? Parking Ticket
  • Something a man might buy before going on a date? Breath Mint
  • Something you cook in a microwave? Frozen Meals
  • An item found in an old man’s wallet? A Handkerchief
  • Something always in the fridge? Salad Dressing
  • An item found in grandma’s purse? Reading Glasses
  • Sport where you might lose a tooth? BMX Biking
  • A fruit that isn’t round? Star Fruit
  • Something you eat on Thanksgiving? Cranberry Sauce
  • Something you find in a glove box? Owner’s Manual
  • Four people who you think that will play along with you? Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow, Cowardly Lion :rofl: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:
  • Why do you play these silly things? Just to Kill Some Time

It was a really fun game. I enjoyed it.
Thanks, @frustratedwriter for creating this engaing game. And, a big thanks to @leerla73 for inviting me to play this absolutely amazing game. I loved it!

6 Likes

@leerla73, just when it seems there can be no more gumiho stories . . . there are!

Min Woo, a police detective at the Major Crimes Investigation Division, comes to learn of the Gumiho’s existence and ends up falling in love with Si Yeon, a female warrior of the Gumiho Tribe who turns out to be his estranged childhood friend. Their fateful and tragic love blossoms amidst the conflict between the two forces.

Sounds like a typical police procedural/rom-com/ancient UFO sighting/family drama/animal rescue story to me . . .

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

EDIT: Last night (03/27/23, 7:30 PM, US EDT) I started watching Forbidden Love, and I understand why a gumiho/human romance might be forbidden. In the opening minutes, actress playing the gumiho high priestess was forced to wear a wuxia martial arts wig that was not very well glued down with spirit gum.

Her makeup looked thick and gloopy under the bright spotlight that was, I guess, supposed to represent the full moon (always the size of Jupiter when it’s full over Korea). And when she supposedly eviscerated a hapless and unconscious victim, no attempt was even made to simulate a mythical beast taking revenge for mistreatment.

With no human body in the picture, the actress tried to make it look as if she was really stabbing into somebody’s liver, but clearly she wasn’t. When she brought up a big chunk of beef liver up to her lips from out of frame, her makeup was so sweat-resistant that the blood from the beef liver didn’t drip, it just beaded up on her lips.

But her acting was wonderfully melodramatic and wild-eyed, so I got comfy and kept watching.

When the ML showed up, I immediately applauded. I loved his spiky (but not too spiky) hair, a little reminiscent of Naruto, who (as we all know) is a nine-tailed kitsune.

And then, after a few tense yet funny scenes with the ML’s fellow police officers, when the younger generation of gumihos came into view . . . oh, dear. The females of the species, including the FL, were dressed all in black . . . leather? More like shiny black vinyl. Belly buttons showing. Dark sunglasses on (or should I say dark moonglasses)? Stomping around in black pointy toed boots and pouting like psychotic runway models.

(Wikipedia: poster for season 20 of America’s Next Top Model)

This forbidden love is starting off super-melodramatic and cheesy. Baby, I ship it! And I want to re-order it! And I’m only on minute fifteen of episode one!

3 Likes

@frustratedwriter

1. Something people hate to find on their windshields? Ice
2. Something a man might buy before going on a date? Condoms
3. Something you cook in a microwave? Pizza
4. An item found in an old man’s wallet? Social Security card
5. Something always in the fridge? Pizza
6. An item found in grandma’s purse? Tissues
7. Sport where you might lose a tooth? Ice hockey
8. A fruit that isn’t round? - Strawberry
9. Something you eat on Thanksgiving? Mashed potatoes
10. Something you find in a glove box? Car registration
11. Four people who you think will play along with you? Anyone who’s bored
12. Why do you play these silly things? Because I’m bored.

Cute, but now . . . I want pizza!

6 Likes

Then turn on your microwave! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

weavingadream * Something people hate to find on their windshields? Parking Ticket

I forgot about them damn parking tickets, and Thank the Lord; it has been years since I got one, so that’s why I completely forgot as to the number 1 thing most hated to see in the car’s windshield. As a matter of fact, even when my neighbors get one, it gets me so upset, and I fight with the agents giving them out. lol

1 Like

@mirjam_465, Strawbert is the guardian spirit of strawberries grown for the express purpose of making strawberry pizza. I’m sure they sell it at Korean night markets . . .

3 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound ,
I immediately thought of you, after reading the above quoted query.

2 Likes

and SMILE anyway

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

now we have an aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww moment
look at those eyes!! now y’all just gotta smile
tgrying to make your day today

4 Likes

ok lets stop the seriousness, time for cake & coffee or tea!

6 Likes

5 Likes

I got few days ago at Aldi 3 6packs :strawberry: of strawberry plants each pack for 3 Francs. I prepared the garden bed, but woke up this morning to a thin layer of snow and frost, and talking about “what you hate on your windshields” yes there was a nice frost and frozen snow
 this year spring isn’t that warm yet
 and we’ll have rainy days ahead
 I should plant potatoes as well, they are sprouting in my bag :astonished:

5 Likes

So cute, who doesn’t smile just looking at cats
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Think this is one part of three when it comes to my annual gift
 I don’t usually use stickers but I’ll find something to put them on. :slightly_smiling_face: They are cute

6 Likes