Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

(hehehehe car windshields???)

5 Likes

Smart i drive more than 6 hours a week and my old Volvo doesnā€™t have any decorationsā€¦ (blankets for the dogs doesnā€™t count)ā€¦ :wink:

6 Likes

You mean, you never have anything annoying on your windshields, like smashed bugs in summer, or bird poop, and no ice or snow in winter? :rofl:

4 Likes

You are right mud and wellā€¦ The window will be changed on Friday (and the car is extra messy because om buying feed for my animals). :wink:

6 Likes

Hugs!

(Giphy)

4 Likes

3 Likes

I was quite surprised to learn Jungkook of BTS has been named new global spokesmodel for Calvin Klein Underwear. Heā€™s also new spokesmodel for Calvin Klein Jeans, which makes better sense to me. Anyway, I thought they would make him strip down for his photoshoot, but they gave him a free pass. (Probably because heā€™s rather skinny compared to their usual models.) I still remember the shock of Marky Mark campaign, now 30+ years ago.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1575785wpp/watch-btss-jungkook-named-global-ambassador-for-calvin-klein-jeans-and-underwear

Hereā€™s the ad that started it all from 1992:

3 Likes

I imagine, theyā€™ve got these :money_mouth_face: kind of eyes, considering his relevance and the sales to follow.

3 Likes

@maria_lavendula_77

OMgoodness! Whoā€™s running Rviki right now? A bunch of High School Kids? I would feel insulted if I got that ''as a ā€˜ā€˜contributorā€™s gift.ā€™ā€™ (because of my age).

I would have preferred encouraging THANK YOU quotes from RVIKI.

Iā€™m glad you like them, but some of them I canā€™t even make out; what are they ā€˜ā€˜supposeā€™ā€™ to be? lol

I always feel they need to send the gift according to the volunteerā€™s age because they generalize the gifts for the ā€˜ā€˜younger generationā€™ā€™ and most volunteers as far as I know are ā€˜ā€˜older generationā€™ā€™ at ""Rvikiā€™ā€™

I got a viki logo tote bag that was a cute one and very useful to carry small stuff around.

Another time, they sent volunteers huge oversize T-shirts that some volunteers couldnā€™t even wear them so some donating them at least. lol

I only like the yesstyle gift card that took for ever to get to me but was worth the wait since the products were really good. Now I just go to ULTA to get them.

4 Likes

Iā€™m a middle-aged woman living in rural Sweden and canā€™t remember when I played with stickers. Iā€™m really curious about what the other gifts are after getting this, I was and still hope there is a t-shirt in one of the other shipments or something I can use. That said I think the stickers are cute and Iā€™ll try to use them on something. I honestly think someone was trying to be cute and maybe going by my age thought that I had grandkids.
A tote bag sounds great, useful and suitable for all ages

7 Likes

I prefer getting gift rather than gift cards or cash and I have always been like that. An oversized t-shirt sounds comfy and something I could use at home to sleep in or taking care of the animals (I tend to not care what I have on if Iā€™m home as long as I can move about). :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

LOL, @leerla73. Yes, for sure. Well, CK did have him flash his abs, so fans were excited to see that, but there were plenty of disappointed fans who were expecting (hoping?) to see JK in a traditional CK Underwear ad wearing just briefs. I think Soompi might have misunderstood and JK is a spokesmodel for the CK brand as a whole, not specifically Underwear and Jeans. I went to CK website and looked at his campaign. It was definitely emphasizing the entire brand. Anyway, Jungkook did the ā€œCalvin Klein sexy ad campaignā€ his way. :grinning:

6 Likes

Iā€™ll refer you to this link, circa 2013. Please keep scrolling :wink:

4 Likes

I mean, there was a time when BH used to put stickers whenever a bit of skin was showing. Iā€™ll take this photo and run with it. No underwear? At least we got to see some abs.

4 Likes

Lovely father daughter times together. :heart:
ā€¢ Styling their hair, car wash, and more . . .
ā€¢ Trying Taiwanese :taiwan: treats, and giving a 1-10 score, very entertaining!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Question for the Cafe: Are Korean drama productions still doing ā€œlive shootingā€? Or has everything changed since COVID?

@table122000:

Ah, the relative innocence of the first Calvin Klein ads for mens ā€œtighty whities.ā€

I am laughing at all the public relations hype about Jungkook becoming CKā€™s international spokesmodel. I think itā€™s great that the guy has steady work and all that, but the comments I see on Soompi about this are kind of overdone.

Itā€™s just underwear . . .

Jonathan Bottomley, Calvin Kleinā€™s global chief marketing officer, remarked, ā€œWe pride ourselves on identifying globally relevant talent whose cultural impact and values align with our own. Jungkook is one of the worldā€™s most popular artists; he possesses a rare ability to connect with international audiences through both his music and his style. Weā€™re fortunate and excited to have him join the Calvin Klein team.ā€

Meanwhile, Jungkook commented, ā€œI have been a fan of Calvin Klein for a long time, and Iā€™m thrilled to be their newest global ambassador. This partnership is very special, as Calvin Kleinā€™s heritage and brand values resonate with me. My music is how I communicate with my fans around the world, and I see this partnership as an opportunity to connect with them in a new way. Iā€™m incredibly excited for people to see a new side of me in this first campaign for the brand.ā€

Jonathan Bottomley? Is that his real name?

ā€œSee a new side of meā€? The back side?

An underwear bromance. Should I ship it?

2 Likes

@entwyfhasbeenfound :grinning: Lol!
Oh my, I did not notice the manā€™s name! LOL!
Yes, the marketing hype is rather OTT, but that is the job of marketing and advertising departments. I found JK statement to be OTT as well. Iā€™ll agree with you that JK statement didnā€™t have to be so OTT, but from what I understand from reading at other forums, JK has often worn CK on his own for years, so perhaps he really does feel a strong emotional connection with CK brand. And so it is not just the usual marketing dept. babble.
ā€œSee a new side of meā€ - Actually, I found that particular statement to be standard-issue K-Idol talk. You see that sentence everywhere in press releases.

1 Like

A fun question got answered in this thread with a fun answer. :wink::rofl: Play the dance clip by clickingā””ā |ā āˆµā |ā ā”ā ā™Ŗ the link.

3 Likes