What a cool GIF.

3 Likes

You know I love A.D.T.O.Y
I walk around saying Booty - Yah
All the time!!!
laugh%20gif

:peach:Lee Junho

2 Likes

So I saw this on Instagram today… I just love how they’ve grown so much but nothing’s really changed! :joy:
image image

I just want them to keep on making the music they (and I!) love… keep smiling, have their family around them, keep doing the things they’re passionate about.

3 Likes

You know, I ‘met’ EXO while bingeing all the Knowing Brothers/Men on a Mission episodes. EXO were pretty frequent guests, and I absolutely fell in love with them, but I don’t actually know much of their music - I just loved seeing them as people on that show. They all seem like so much fun.

4 Likes

Need a little EXO!!! I’m never going to bed if I keep listening to KPOP

4 Likes

I know who the Barista is for Tomorrow!!! Ok - Snacks for tonight - Nite
CDKitchen

2 Likes

They are! There are four VERY crazy members called the “Beagle Line” because they can’t sit still :joy: I think they’re successful as entertainers because the Beagle Line messing with the others always makes for a hilarious show.

But NCT DREAM, true to their ‘son’ status, are at least five times more chaotic :joy: Do you know the variety show called “When Dad is Sleeping” or something? The celebs have to do ASMR (do tasks veryyyyy softly) so they won’t wake up “Dad” who is sleeping on the sofa behind them. If their noise level goes above a certain level, they have to wear something silly as a penalty. Imagine how hard thAT is for NCT DREAM, the boys who just cannot shut their mouths or sit quietly :joy: The “Dad” gave up at a point, telling them “You’re not even TRYING, are you?”
3 Likes

OMGoodness, that sounds like a hilarious show. I’ve never heard of it.

Thanks for those hilarious videos. :rofl:

3 Likes

If you want to listen to their music, though, you’ll find almost every genre in their discography! :smile:
EXO together do almost everything… my favorite album is Tempo because it’s got a lot of acapella and harmony/ R&B
Chen does heart-wrenchingly sweet ballads.
D.O does R&B
Kai did R&B pop with the main focus on the visual dancing/ sets
Suho does power ballads/ R&B
Chanyeol + Sehun(EXO SC) do party/laidback, cool music with lots of rapping
Baekhyun did playful pop and R&B (yes, my favorite music genre is R&B :sweat_smile:)
The sets/vocals/cinematography are all top-tier.

3 Likes

I’m late to this discussion because my kids seem to think I should pay attention to them. Since they’re teenagers I guess I should be glad they want my attention though. lol

EXO-L aren’t know for being nice about the guys dating. The hate Chen got recently because he dared to get married and have a baby, Kai & Krystal, and Baekhyun & Taeyeon, this video kills me, it’s from when they were dating and getting a lot of hate

There are a few things that bother me about young vocal fandoms, one being that their group are single handedly responsible for where kpop is today, and the other big one is they constantly post about how they will always love their group, how they’ll love them forever, and then criticize fans who like 1st & 2nd generation groups asking how they can like such old guys. They are delusional thinking their group will never age I guess.

2 Likes

I hear you on this. It feels like a rarity when I see my teenager’s face, so when he willingly comes to hang out with me, I know I better cherish those moments.

Ahh, fandom logic defies all logic. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If you ever need a good laugh, total chaos, and seven distinct kinds of laughing and screaming, just type in “NCT DREAM funny”. They’re crazy. Everything they do exceeds the allotted time because they spend so much time arguing.

Just remember to keep your hand on the volume button AT ALL TIMES, Haechan has a habit of screaming at odd times😂

I’m actually really thankful I found them… they kept me laughing during quarantine :sweat_smile: All I had to do was log on to youtube and suddenly I’m around people laughing, arguing and creating a mess. I miss school life so much; they’re lifesavers!

3 Likes

Did NCT learn interrupting/disrupting skills from Baekhyun? lol

3 Likes

Not going to happen. Culturally speaking, economically speaking, politically speaking, socially speaking.

@leerla73 posted a video of photos from the end of the Joseon dynasty.

I think I am correct when I say it is historically a fact that, in the Joseon period, those who saw themselves as privileged in some way took advantage of those whose daily survival depended on the patronage of the wealthy.

People constantly overlook the fact that the gisaeng were upscale prostitutes who provided people with many distractions from the very real and constant political battles among royal and noble families, provinces, and countries of the time.

I don’t see that attitude changing anytime soon. Click the arrow to find out why.

Summary

Time for some weed-diving courtesy of a 2008 master’s thesis from the University of Uppsala in Sweden.

This supports my admittedly narrow view that many people in modern Korea treat entertainers as no better than gisaeng. Everything is fine as long as certain celebrities (both male and female) are young and sexy, but the minute they start to “age out, grey out, wear out” AND (worst offense ever) get married, you would think that God himself had been disobeyed.

And the number of Korean entertainers who have committed suicide trying to escape the frenzy and take control of their own lives is heart-breaking.

Within Korean society, the closest thing to a notion of indie bands would be dragons (both male and female) who rise out of the ditch to become spokesmodels, if you will, for Korea itself, not just for Korean versions of soap and phones and ice cream and cars and clothes and whatnot.

Real people know there is no shame in living a normal life, but entertainers are under so much scrutiny, and competition in the entertainment field is so fierce that failure is considered a death sentence on both sides of the equation.

Summary

http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:647165/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Western Perception of Korea 1890-1930
Comparative Study on the Relationship between
Reciprocity and Colonial Discourse

Author: Su Young Park
Masters Thesis, Spring 2008
Supervisors: Lars M. Andersson & John Rogers
Examiner: Gunnel CederlĂśf
Examination Date: December 16, 2008

Her thesis looks at the concept of Orientalism, a not very liberal, not very democratic attitude of “Occidental” cultures toward “Oriental” cultures at one point in world history.

In her introduction, in the course of pointing certain horrible assumptions about Korean culture, she does admit that the gisaeng were very poor women who only attained status as they found favor among the male members of the yangban class. And all of the yangban were basically peasants vying for admittance to what was, at the time, the closest thing to a middle class on the Korean peninsula. They wanted to be able to support their families of orgin, marry well, and have children who would grow up to be good adherents to the principles of Confucian order and harmony.

“Footnote 103: Gisaeng, one of the lowest classes, could dance, sing, and even write a poem. Mainly they were entertainers for men, but in view of the low status of woman in Korea, the Gisaeng were the most
liberal, self-educated, and in some way lettered women at that time. Gisaeng corresponds to the Geisha of Japan.”

3 Likes

I’m telling you, SM Entertainment has one intact braincell and the groups just pass them around whenever they need to go in front of a camera :joy::joy: SHINee officially blames Baekhyun for turning Taemin into an album-spoiling monster

2 Likes

But the band members go along with it because that’s the image they want: the bad, disruptive, funny boys in class who are “differently” intelligent (kinesthetic learners actually learn more while being active and seemingly inattentive than they do while sitting still and being “good”).

They get something out of the deal as well, otherwise they would have graduated high school with honors and gone on to become accountants.

4 Likes

Besides sharing one brain cell SM also has the original evil maknae. I swear, Kyuhyun taught Baekhyun & Sehun how to behave. lol

2 Likes

Only the later 3rd and present 4th generation have members who dropped out of high school because South Korea’s attendance laws came pretty recently… in 2018, I think.
All of EXO have college degrees… five of them have Masters degrees.

:joy:Not really. They actually inspire a lot of us to study harder.:sweat_smile: Chanyeol designed and helped build his own studio; he made a video showing us how he did it.

D.O is always seen cooking for everyone. He earned a cooking license and was a military cook while he was serving there. I learnt how to fancy-fold towels from Xiumin :joy: Sehun and Kai act like children around EXO because they’re maknaes, but they’re serious when they’re on their own and talking about their passion for fashion.

Basically, they’re chaotic and funny as entertainers. When they’re serious, they’re serious. There was a video of them playing around in the dance studio and one of them dropped water all over the floor by mistake. They didn’t stop shooting, but continued the live while wiping the floor themselves with paper towels. They don’t give the “disruptive kids at the back of the class” image.

All these artists go on variety shows that make them do work or take care of children. Even on their own shows, they’ll be seen cooking, helping to clean up after themselves, going to the grocery store and buying groceries.

3 Likes

@kdrama2020ali, have you opened your Goblin CD set yet??? I got mine yesterday and had to open it!!! It is really beautiful; a boxed set with 2 CDs and a couple of picture books inside and a holographic image framed in gold on the cover. Now to crack the CDs open and start listening to them. My day has been made!!!

4 Likes

No I have not opened it yet I keep admiring the hologram!!! I will have to…
@stardust2466_546
UPDATE at 11:48 pm I opened it - It is so BEAUTIFUL - the flip book is so fun and the whole box and photos are just gorgeous it reminds me why Goblin and the story is my #1 and why nothing so far has changed that for me!!! I would love to give that box as a gift - even if the person didn’t understand - that is how pretty it is!!!

3 Likes