Segue Cafe - meet up with friends to chat about whatever strikes your fancy

Not sure why she uses so much self-hating verbiage to explain herself and her very good video.

If she truly thought she and her interests were useless, she wouldn’t even have a YouTube channel.

3 Likes

Self-depreciating remarks are funny to lots of people(I personally find it annoying because it’s pretentious most of the time). They’re also a way of telling people “I know the flaws I have, so you don’t need to remind me of them in the comments.” Since the person is making fun of her own self, others are less likely to do it.

2 Likes

I swear I can’t even stop watching :100: Days My Prince. Why is this so good? I love how arrogant he is and he doesn’t even know WHO he is! Classic!

Late night snack JHI could I hv some warm milk & cookies :cookie: Phew - Setting up Hottie Posse Luxury Penthouses is gonna kill me - more cookies!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I swear you had liked my post before I even hit the reply button @kdrama2020ali :joy:

4 Likes

For me part of the reason was her young age. I’ve noticed other young people on YT will do that, and I think that @vivi_1485 is probably correct that they use the self deprecating remarks to ward off hate in the comments, but I also think that might be part of the communication style of young people these days.

I also think she was nervous about this video because it was a very different video than the type she normally posts and she was worried about negative reactions of the subject matter and criticism of her opinions.

I agree with you that her video was well done. I found it very interesting.

4 Likes

@my_happy_place @kdrama2020ali

my_happy_place
swear you had liked my post before I even hit the reply button @kdrama2020ali :joy:

She does the same thing to my comments, and I was wanting to ask her, if she can read what I’m writing as I am writing the things bc I haven’t click reply when her like is already posted. I hope she can explain that bc I hate to think someone can read while I’m writing that’s invasion of privacy too. So @kdrama2020ali: How you manage to give likes before I even hit the reply button to post what I wrote? Is it bc you are ''regular" Can we do that too?

3 Likes

I recently reached ‘regular’ status, but I haven’t noticed any way in which I can see what people are typing before they post it. Maybe she is just a mind reader or lives in the future. :exploding_head:

5 Likes

I swear I thought that maybe she’s from the future ::rofl: bc she gave me about 3 likes posted, even before I hit the reply button. I was not editing the post either; it was all a new posting. I swear to you I’m not lying. If I can do that as a regular; I would not do it bc that to me is invading the person’s privacy/space. I stopped sending PM’s to others bc I felt that other ppl. were reading what I wrote to the other person, in my private message. It was a very uncomfortable feeling so I stopped communicating through PM.

4 Likes

That would be really uncool if someone somewhere could ‘spy’ on PMs.

4 Likes

Another day, another barista who just had a drama drop. I know a bunch of us are excited for ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’
Ahn Hyo Seop

He has a really great smile. :blush:

It seems this barista is more likely to eat the product than serve the customers, but we don’t care.

credit

5 Likes

@my_happy_place

I LOVED him in ABYSS drama on ntfx. Have you seen that one? If you have ntfx and haven’t watched that one Please, do! You won’t regret it. He was great in the romantic department. Although he looks so different every time I see him that I never recognize him. I believe he’s in the new drama RED SKY but I can’t tell which one is him. Do they have two actors with same name by chance?

2 Likes

I have seen Abyss a couple times, actually. This guy is the lead in Red Sky - the blind one with the red eyes. He looks so different with the long hair, but it’s him.

4 Likes

Chanyeol is a rapper but has been chosen for his looks. Xiumin? I never heard that about him. He’s part of EXO - CBX so he must be a lead singer.

3 Likes

I cannot see what you’re writing until you post all I see is your ICON. I’m not snooping I’m just sitting here on my phone I figured out how to see u guys a little a day

4 Likes

IMG_20210830_182037_468

IMG_20210830_182037_719
Photo Credit @kdrama2020ali

I didn’t know where to post so here we hv to hv a hitching post for my new Tennessee Walker - I hv fallen in love. Bonus water pix…:laughing:

DO I swear I hv to leave him for Red Sky! I might wait to watch tomorrow both episodes!:penguin::sun_with_face:

4 Likes

I probably should get back to it and finish it if you both like it so much.I think I stopped when the bad guy got the sphere and I needed a break from it. lol

4 Likes

@sweetybirdtoo

Go back to see it before they take it out for good. I have seen it twice too bc is that good. The parts with the old man pissed me off too, but I kept watching it, and it only got better.

2 Likes

Ooh . . . now @kdrama2020ali is going to have a big, swelled pumpkin head so big she can’t get through the doors of the University of Hotness . . .

She’s going to fall down and roll down the stairs into a subway station and lie flailing and screaming . . .

But the bright side is that she will have one more bad pickup line in her arsenal:

“Is it Halloween? Cause I keep thinking, ‘Orange you a treat in that black hoodie!’.”

(Twitter)

4 Likes

Oh my gosh! We are BARISTA-less

Call the fire department, call baby bird U, call @kdrama2020ali talent agency in the Hottie Posse
Quick! Segue has “ground” to a Halt!:rofl:

@my_happy_place

3 Likes