Share your crochet!

It is on a laundry rack only for the picture. If you take a picture inside, especially with electric lights, it will be all yellowy and all the photoshopping in the world won’t be able to restore its original colours. Only natural light and whenever possible also outside.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s beautiful. I tend to make baby blankets or amigurumi. I usually avoid anything that has that many yarn changes, I hate weaving in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I cannot believe that when I say “worry Knot” no one knows what it means! wow, I have heard that all my life, I am doing my “worry knots” today. God said for us not to worry, Right? when I crochet, I also worry knot. its symbolic we put our worries in Gods hands, and I also knot worry while I crochet. wonder if any one understands that precept?

1 Like

I never knew the expression “worry knot”, I looked it up and I saw it’s a rosary/prayer beads. So yeah, now I know what it means. We also have “worry beads” in Greece.

1 Like

That is so pretty :heart_eyes:

1 Like

part-3c-(2)-web
This is called the Chrysalis throw. It’s not finished yet, the picture is after the end of part C (there are three more parts!)

15 Likes

Ohhhh that’s so pretty :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yes, very beautiful :smile:

2 Likes

I love the natural colors, how big is the whole piece? It’s really a piece of art! I’ve never seen such pattern, crochet over crochet.

2 Likes

For now it’s about 130 cm diametre, but the whole thing will be much larger. There is part 4 and part 5, as a circle, and then four corners to make it square again. So I assume it’s going to end up as a blanket for a double bed.
And yes, surface crochet / 3D crochet is great fun but also challenging. You get to use every possible stitch as a foundation of something else.

3 Likes

I want to learn new stitches! something written down, not really a tutor type thing. and just found one on pinterest, so I will check it out later

2 Likes

And this is Chrysalis part 4.
Finished thanks to a very boring drama (Navillera) and a very good one (Churails)Part-4-(1)-web
@sweetybirdtoo

9 Likes

I can’t see the picture, did you upload it?

I did but it disappeared. Uploaded it again. When are you going to post yours? And the other things you made: the top, the hat, the mosaic coaster…

I have to complete my homework for today!

Yes but the previous ones?

1 Like

I have finally learned the “shell” stitch, so easy, yeah I do overthink things. a step by step picture,

1 Like

Wow! I’ve considered doing a project like this but I hate weaving in ends, there are just so many colour changes in that. It’s beautiful.

I don’t think I took pictures of my latest crochet project, I usually do, I’ll have to remember to do that (it’s an amigurumi puppy if you’re curious.) I have a couple of hats I did for Christmas, they’re knitted though.

xmas%20hats

Oh and some fingerless gloves I made for my youngest, I’ve done a few fingerless gloves, for friends, I guess it was a strange kick I was on. (a cat, celtic knot, & BTS)

SuperM%20gloves

I’m cheating though, this isn’t my crochet projects. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s okay! Piranna created it for crochet because that’s what she’s learning right now. It would be overkill to have two separate ones!
Yes, I also love fingerless gloves. Because of the financial crisis, nowadays homes only put on the heating two hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon. In-between it gets chilly in the winter, and I use them to type on the computer!
And the two love-making elks were great fun!

As for weaving in ends… I do cheat and incorporate the starting end into the first couple of stitches, so that cuts the number in half. And I choose a mediocre drama to have a look at every now and then. You know, the ones where even if you don’t see everything you don’t miss anything. Or I listen to lectures from Youtube, or music.

3 Likes

Taking pics and posting them regularly or after completion feel like a chore for me…
I’d rather look at your pics or others’ works :joy:

I will put water on our current work today :slight_smile:

2 Likes