Shows available in a region

Does anyone know if there is a way to see what shows are available in a certain region without actually being in that region yourself?

3 Likes

If you live in the Unites States, then both VIKI and KOCOWA’s entire libraries of dramas and movies are available to you.

If you live somewhere else, however, the only viable solution is to use a VPN. But I will not go into any details about that. Just know that it is not illegal. You still watch ads or pay for access.

I live in the UK atm and we have lots of dramas available here. I was just asking because I’m going to move to another country soon and I wanted to see what was available there without using a VPN. Thanks for the response tho^^.

What region and what shows are you interested in? Maybe you can just ask someone from that region and they will tell you :smiley:

1 Like

I’m going to Korea. I know they don’t have many if any Korean dramas but I was wondering if they had some dramas from other countries in their catalogue there. Just wanting to see if there is a way for me to keep doing subtitling whilst I’m out there^^

3 Likes

Not really. There are some shows available in Europe, but not in the USA.

5 Likes

In Europe, certain KOCOWA titles are included in the regular Viki pass. Are you referring to that?

There are shows which are available in other parts of the world but are not at all available in the USA. I think it happens when other US-based networks reserved exclusive licenses for them, but at the same time they don’t cater to the audience outside of the US. So Viki takes that over.

2 Likes

In some cases, because I live in the USA, I can see a show in the catalogue, but can’t actually watch it.

What happens is, I click on a show with the intention to watch and Viki will say, “Not available in your region.”

1 Like

You can definitely continue to work oh k-drama at viki while in Korea! I never had any problem and didn’t have to use a vpn.

Region-locked content is hidden from the main page and search results. They do appear on an actor’s page, but they’re always marked as such:

Picsart_22-08-07_11-30-22-910

Not for me, there is no mark at all.

3 Likes

Not for me, either.

I often see shows in “New” (under Explore) and only when I click on them, I find out I don’t have access.

It’s still illegal since the show is not licensed in your region.

2 Likes

Sorry, took a bit longer for me to find it.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

From Viki -Terms Of Use 3.8 (in part)

… The availability of the Services or specific Content may vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. For clarity, you may not use any technology or technique that obscures or disguises your location when you are accessing the Services.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

VPN may or may not be illegal to use, depends on laws.
Regarding Viki, it is against the company’s Terms Of Use.

2 Likes

Lutra can you tell me what is the picture of your profile here