Snacks and Kdramas

Hello all! I’ve been watching a ton of kdramas lately, and I don’t have great snacks to eat while watching them. I really enjoy eating good food while watching a good show, but I would love recommendations for snacks others eat while watching tv! Usually i’ll have a bowl or plate of kimchi, by itself, or a bowl of warm soup or rice depending on the show. What do you all eat while watching movies and kdramas, and any recommendations?

2 Likes

For me, i binge through the night while everyone is sleeping so…guilty pleasures like chocolate and chips usually make their way down pretty fast! :joy:

4 Likes

Guacamole Southwestern style dip with restaurant style chips is my fave and had it today while watching PRIVATE LIVES.

2 Likes

I personnally prepare a healthy banana-chocolate smoothie :slight_smile: :
2 frozen bananas ( preferably brown ones to be more sweet )
1 date
2 tablespoon of unsweet cacao powder
2 cups of almond milk ( or use diary milk but it’s less healthy )
1 teaspoon of almond butter ( or peanut butter )
Then blend it in high to get a smooth texture
It’s super delicious, not super sweet and perfect with a straw
Enjoy :relaxed:
(btw this is a recipe that I found on youtube from this girl how shows healthy recipes, talks about glow up and has flexibility videos :grinning:)

Or I prepare a tuna toast( fresh sauces with mustard and Provence herbs)

But don’t forget to eat slowly :wink:

7 Likes

That sounds really good! I don’t have any dates (well, I have the Korean dates (대추) but it’s not the right kind for this), but I think I have everything else. Can’t wait to try it!

5 Likes

Usually ramen or ddeokbokki (떡볶기) or dried squid (반건조 오징어, 오징어 버터구이, 오징어 진미채) or roasted almonds or gummy bears. Yea, I know, not the healthiest.

4 Likes

In which way are they different from other dates and why would they not be suitable for a smoothie?

3 Likes

i put coffee instead of cacao powder :grin::yum:

4 Likes

Both would be even better! :yum:

4 Likes

Date is used for sweetness so you can use any other sweet fruit but it has to match with the cacao powder flavor. I will try honey instead and will see the result :grinning:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t really appreciate the coffee but I’ll try it :grin:

3 Likes

Me too I’m curious :blush:

3 Likes

sounds delicious! i might try it!!

2 Likes

those all sounds really good!!!

2 Likes

wow…that sounds DELICIOUS!!!

2 Likes

They are dried and and won’t blend into the smoothie.

https://smartstore.naver.com/healthy100/products/4800022601?NaPm=ct%3Dkh88w348|ci%3D8ccc36a756a21f3564ca68919aec621cd3cfcf24|tr%3Dimg|sn%3D507893|hk%3Dba23ad19e409c77fb51c225e5511d7b4616961d3

3 Likes

Actually, when I hear the word “date” I always picture the dried version. They’re much more common here than fresh ones. Probably makes sense, since we don’t grow them here.
But you’re probably right about them not blending in.

2 Likes

The American dates are also dried, but they are more like prunes or raisins so they can easily be used in making a smoothie.

But Korean dried dates are not wet at all and they are also not as sugary. They are used in certain Korean dishes, such as Samgyetang, or Yakshik.

3 Likes

Are the Korean ones tasty, though?

2 Likes

It’s pretty mild flavored and some people like to eat the fresh dates. The fresh ones are a bit similar to apples (but much smaller with a pit in the middle), but not as sweet or juicy as apples. I use the dried ones in cooking time to time and they provide a bit of sweetness.

3 Likes