Song Joong Ki (송중기) - Official Thread

Welcome to Song Joong Ki’s Discussions thread! Chat about the popular South Korean actor and star of “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Innocent Man” here!

BIO: Song Joong Ki is a popular South Korean actor and MC. Born on September 19, 1985, he was a competitive short track speed skater during high school, competing in the National Games three times before an injury forced him to quit the sport. Song Joong Ki made his acting debut in the 2008 film “A Frozen Flower” and went on to star in “The Innocent Man” (2012), “A Tree With Deep Roots” (2011) and “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” (2010). He also hosted the music show “Music Bank” from 2009 to 2010 and was a cast member of the popular variety show “Running Man” from 2010 to 2011. The talented actor also published the book Beautiful Skin Project, a health and beauty guide for men.

FUN FACT: Song Joong Ki was the Music Bank MC for 15 months (Aug 2009 – Nov 2010) together with Seo Hyo Rim. During his MC-ing days, he said “WOW” a lot. When he was teased because of it, he said he want to make it as a catch phrase.

1 Like

Song Joong Ki and his wife Katy Louise Saunders have welcomed their first child!

On June 14, Song Joong Ki’s agency High Zium Studio officially announced, “Song Joong Ki became the father of a baby boy in Italy.”

The actor also took to his official fancafe to personally share the happy news with his fans, along with an adorable photo of his son holding his finger.

Song Joong Ki’s full letter is as follows:

Hello, this is Joong Ki.
I’m curious how all of you are doing.

As you probably know all too well, I wrapped up filming for the movie “My Name Is Loh Kiwan” in Hungary, and I even had the honor of attending the Cannes Film Festival for the movie “Hopeless.” All of the moments from the film festival still feel like a dream to me; that’s how happily I’ve been spending my days.

Today, I came here to greet you because I have one more piece of news that feels like a dream, and I wanted to be the first to tell you.
Right now, I’m in Italy.
Here, in my wife’s hometown of Rome, we happened to welcome our baby. It’s a healthy son… and both the baby and his mother… are in very good health. As we welcomed [our child] in good health and joy, I am taking care of my family very happily, with a grateful heart.

I think [our son] is the most precious gift to have found its way to us, a married couple whose biggest dream all our lives was to start a happy family.
And I think it’s thanks to the many people who gave us their support that such a happy day has found us. Thank you.

I’m always grateful to the Ki Aile [Song Joong Ki’s fans] who give their sincere, unchanging love, and I, Joong Ki, will also sincerely wish for there to be great joy in all of your lives as well.

As befits an actor, and in order to stay true to myself… I will return to greet you with a cool project.
Please always be healthy.
And I love you.

Congratulations to Song Joong Ki, Katy Louise Saunders, and their family!

Marcus Here! Posted! See time stamp, 9:58 to 10:57.
!Hu Ge & Leo Wu in All Ears/ Lei Jiayin & Zhao Liying rumored collab/ Song Joong-ki's newborn son - YouTube

1 Like