Sound on dramas, this has been resolved

anyone having problems with the sound? I am on Viki, but fine on Roku, and all my wires , sound and all here on Viki are functional but no sound

2 Likes

Mary, pc or phone?
I use a pc, and do not have a problem, there was nothing at the help center.
Any special drama you watched having the problem?

For me using a laptop, sometimes while carrying it from a to b, I touch the silence button unintentionally, but I guess that isnā€™t your problem other platforms like YouTube do have sound?

P.S.: Your profile picture? Is that Mary K. - LOL, at least it looks like it, I was collecting some in my childhood, not many those stickers werenā€™t cheap, and I preferred popsicles to stickers.

3 Likes

my desk top, I havenā€™t had any problems till today. no problem on Roku, ok I guess you are right, you tube also no sound so how do I get thew sound back on

oh Sunbonnet sue

2 Likes

I just thought of another mute option ā€¦
Mary try this play the video, and while the video is running press the letter ā€œmā€.
Any change?

3 Likes

went to youitube just now and did just that. how neat! got the sound on. and how in the world did I mute this stuff??!! but sound is on.

3 Likes

Well you must have hit the m-button before, you can try:
one time - mute
second time - sound is back

I fault my fingers at times, they are doing their own stuff ā€¦
Good that itā€™s working again.

3 Likes

Oh, I just looked it up, and it wasnā€™t Mary but Sarah Kay!!!

1 Like

The stuff that one learns while in Viki Discussions :smile:

4 Likes

yep what a wonderful site! hehehehehe

3 Likes

This is one of many reasons I appreciate the community here at Viki.
Thanks so much @lutra for solving @frustratedwriterā€™s issue!

ThumbsUpOkayGIF

4 Likes

This is kind of weird because for a few days this muted situation has been going on for a while. My TV goes mute and I have to turn off/on the TV before it comes back on. When Iā€™m on YT for days now, the drama videos go mute out of the blue. Iā€™m 100% sure I didnā€™t press no mute button.

You mention this here, and this morning news went mute on me! I found out that I can change channel go back several times and the ā€˜ā€˜voiceā€™ā€™ returns. I hope we are not getting hacked or something like it happened at La Guardia Airport (donā€™t have the details since @leerla73 works there she might know).

So this thing is starting to bug me bc they are not saying what is going on in here. I just hope it gets resolve soon bc the fact that the regular TV channel is being affected is making me uneasy nowā€¦:anguished:

2 Likes

Nope, never heard anything on my spot at the bottom of the totem pole. Based on the links below, it was unsuccessful.
Ā¹The Guardian

Ā²The Jerusalem Post

Ā³ABC7NY

2 Likes

Cable TV is removing some channels and it seems thatā€™s causing the issue on my TV (Iā€™m also not able to see my favorite channel completely/black screen). But I have other places I can see the channel; so I just need to adjust my viewing place. Thatā€™s life. Thanks for the informative links

2 Likes