Spamming now of the Discussions Board by Private Message

I’m sure I’m not alone in having just received a “private message” here at the Discussions Board.

I really did not like this particular try to get me to follow a movie I have zero interest in and frankly from someone I’ve never talked to at all.

It is bad enough the entire vikiverse is spamming each other trying to get licenses…and at least one has to FOLLOW a drama or something to GET one of those. i.e. some level of at least buy-in OR interest and someone THEORETICALLY contacts folks to try to get a new drama IN THAT SAME GENRE. (Okay not everybody does it this way, but at least that is as close to “reasonable” as it’s going to get!)

I have received a couple of really great PMs here from folks sometimes not on viki and thus not in the PM generally for viki itself - and some very interesting discussions have started that way. :slight_smile:

I sincerely hope the author of the spam takes this to heart, ceases such operations, and the PM function here can continue to be a really cool way to take a discussion here private or meet new people from disqus who are not currently part of viki itself.

Thank you for considering this request and I hope we can continue to discuss things here without the spamming.

Crouching Dieter, Hidden Donut

5 Likes

That’s simply disgraceful, following you even here.

The person in question is apparently running a movie project and is now sending out spam here at Discussions about “following their movie”. This project already has a license AND a team, and seriously? (SIGH)

I cannot begin to guess how I got on their list other than posting here? Because I do not have any working relationship with them here that I am aware of? - the name barely rings a bell? But there is it - and I get back a denial this morning that it is spam - but it is.

(shrug) While I wish them luck with their project, they are going overboard spamming people here and that will likely not have the desired effect.

CD, HD