Spoilers in opening credits šŸ˜±

So, it happened again! Iā€™m turning on a new episode and as the opening credits roll I see yet another spoiler. Why??
In the show Iā€™m watching the leading man and woman developing feelings for eachother. But the opening credits, for season 2 I assume as the opening credits have changed, show me that she will marry someone else. That is a huge spoiler.

Anyone else who have noticed this and if so, what do you think? I havenā€™t seen any thread about this so maybe people donā€™t mind spoilersā€¦ But I do! lol :grin:

3 Likes

Are you watching a Chinese drama by chance?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen that in Kdrama :thinking: but sometimes the episode thumbnails give the whole show away :rage::rage::rage: I once watched a drama where I wasnā€™t sure whether theyā€™ll ever get together and the next episodeā€™s thumbnail showed them kissing and Iā€™m telling you, Viki received a lot of hate that day :angry:

3 Likes

Haha yes, itā€™s a chinese drama: I will never let you go.

1 Like

I have also had spoilers in trailers for american movies and I donā€™t understand their thinking. Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who doesnā€™t like it.

Sometimes when you watch e.g. a trailer for a US movie or something on Netflix itā€™s like knowing the whole movie because they put every core scene in it so I sometimes donā€™t watch trailers anymore when I really want to watch a movie :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, Chinese dramas always put some mayor events and the ending in their opening credits. Sometimes I donā€™t notice it when Iā€™m watching it for the first time, but sometimes scenes in the opening catch my eye because they have something to do with the episode Iā€™m watching. I usually tend to skip the opening if I donā€™t want to know the spoilers, but if the OST is great, then Iā€™ll listen to it.

It depends on the spoiler, whether I mind it or not. If itā€™s something Iā€™d rather wanted to find out on my own to see if my hunches were right or not, then Iā€™m disappointed to see it. But if itā€™s a spoiler that will reduce my anxiety in watching in a certain scene, then I donā€™t mind :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, sometimes I just check the ratings and reviews but I havenā€™t seen too many spoilers in trailers so I donā€™t shun them - yet at least.

Yeah, I usually skip the opening credits but sometimes I get the show started as Iā€™m fixing things and that is when I see itā€¦ and get annoyed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I skip the opening and ending of Chinese and Taiwanese drama.

1 Like

I once started watching a K-drama here which had an ā€œepisode 0ā€. It turned out to be a long summary of the whole show which spoiled the entire story. Since then, no episodes 0 for me anymore.

2 Likes

Sometimes they create a ā€œspecialā€ episode, which is just a summary of the entire drama, after the drama ends. I donā€™t know why they call it Ep. 0, instead of calling it Special episode or summary episode or something. So yea, donā€™t watch Ep. 0 if you are planning on actually watching the drama.

3 Likes

especially netflix sometimes puts all the most interesting scenes in the trailer so the movie ends up being a total waste of time :expressionless:

I watch ep 0 after I finish the whole drama :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The number is misleading, though. I thought episode 0 comes before episode 1 ā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

The worse are the CHINESE dramas/movies in their intro; you actually can watch the whole episode with no need to watch the drama or movie.

I HATE their intro which are 3 minutes or more long, and you can see scenes that are a dead give away of someone dying.in that episode. I no longer watch Chinese dramas or movies I go to the intro part episode by episode, and donā€™t waste my time watching the whole thing but I do watch the ending episode. It tells you a lot when you can see an intro and know you didnā€™t miss a thing.

2 Likes

I know, right? Nothing was ever done about it because some people like it that way.

2 Likes

Yes, they do have long intros as well and I usually skip them but as I wrote earlier, I do start the drama as Iā€™m doing things before sitting down to watch it and get a glimpse of the spoilers.
Maybe the people making these intros donā€™t see them as spoilers but teasers. Otherwise I donā€™t understand the reason for thisā€¦

3 Likes

and I have been wanting to watch that. I may just do it anyway,

and yeah I donā€™t like spoilers, it takes away from the story, tells me whats going on, Iā€™d rather watch the drama instead of someone telling me what it is going on!

2 Likes

This is why I always stop the episode at the point where the previews begin. Itā€™s much more enjoyable to allow the plot to reveal itself at the proper time in the drama.

5 Likes