🐿️ Squirrel! ʘ‿ʘ You Call It, We Watch It!

So it’s not only me, it’s such a shame that it’s done hastily without either proper learning or without consideration like “time is money”… that looks to me, what else could be otherwise the reason?

1 Like

Usually I wait to watch newer series until the segmenters have done at least A&C (adjusting and combining) of the segments. Preferably I’d wait till the episodes have been edited, but sometimes I start a series and later on notice that it hasn’t been edited till the end :sweat_smile:. The A&C is usually done though. It’s too bad that viewers can’t see which of the episodes have been A&C / edited.

Considering the shortage in segmenters & editors it’s likely that it’ll take some time to finish it.
Teams, fighting! :blush:

3 Likes

It’s sometimes written on the cover page.

By the way, it would be great to have a new feature to see this on the episodes. For example, having a green border on the edited episodes like this:

Sans%20titre

4 Likes

They’ve been trained to time the segments only for the sound. They don’t allow a buffer for slow readers.

1 Like

2 Likes

Those that vocalize their words. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

It could be so much worse.

3 Likes

1 Like

Sorry to say, but a flash segment is not even readable for normal readers for a line that goes from left to right or even has 2 lines… that has nothing to do with slow readers. I’m not the only one noticing… There are all kinds of viewers and Viki should take that into consideration.

Do volunteers who segment make all segment times with a buffer where needed? I think they just make segments that everyone can read and viewers don’t need to rewind and stop the segment to finish reading.

1 Like

Yes true. Only the average viewer probably doesn’t look there :see_no_evil:

It depends on the segment. You can learn more in the NSSA guide for segmenters - https://nssacademy.weebly.com/segmenting-guide.html#extensionsgaps

But in short, if you can make a 1 sec “buffer” after the sentence ends and there is enough space after (min. 0.6 secs), you do so. If not, you connect it to the next segment. Your segments also shouldn’t be too short ( >1 sec). You want it to be readable. These are the standard rules, but some people do deviate from it sometimes (f.e. a 0.9 sec segment with the words “Yes” or “No” in it or a slightly longer buffer).

1 Like

These are our last two :chipmunk: Squirrels :chipmunk:

Let’s not forget this thread for segues. :wink:

I just looked through that episode’s subtitles. The minimum duration is exactly 1.00 second. While that might not seem like enough time, its only 7 words max, while most have only a few words. Reading impairment aside, that should be plenty of time. Don’t vocalize the words in your head, it’ll help you read much faster.

Without line breaks it’s tiresome, especially with the long sentences with your eyes having to move all the way across the screen. Viki volunteers usually leave plenty of time, so it’s easy to read at a nonchalant pace.

Please use this thread for your segues.

These are the Latest :chipmunk: Squirrels :chipmunk:

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

Hyakuman Kai Ieba Yokatta (2023)

Image credit:TVer, TBS

Get Ready!

Image credit:TVer, TBS

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

2023/04/28

Dr Romantic 3