Suggestion: Fonts colour for subtitle

Hello. I would like to suggest that the fonts for the subtitle should be outline with black or put on shadows to the fonts as I hardly to distinguish subtitle and the background sometimes. Drama like Innocent Lilies which is full of white makes us hard to read the subtitles. I am anticipating the changes to the fonts color to make it easier to read! I believe others would agree with me too! Thank you.

3 Likes

You should suggest that to the Help Center , I am sure they will love your suggestion! :smiley:

cant find help center. i tried to move the topic

This is what I mean:
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/ticket_forms/new

Send a suggestion to the moderators of the site , and they may listen to you , or there is another way we don’t know of ;0

I’ve been making the font suggestion for the last 5 years. Please keep requesting it so that they may finally listen to us . . . some decade.

Thanks

Ideally we should ask whether the user can pick between both options. I have a friend that has eye problems and whenever subs are surrounded by any other color, even black, she cannot read it anymore because the letters seem to move. It should be easy to put in a bit of programming to pick between both options. I am sure it will happen eventually!

This would be so cool if viki had this option.

Perhaps the team behind the channel could also be given the freedom to pick and decide what colour fonts they wanted and also ask feedback from the community. Different command keys for different types of colour. When a background music comes along, as well as dialogue, i wish the subtitles for the song would be in a different colour.

I have just added a Topic similar to this one.

I am copying it below…

It would be great to be able to choose the color of the subtitles. I would suggest these colors: white, yellow, light green, pink and sky blue. Sometimes it is better to see the subtitles in a different colour.

I would also like to suggest to allow to change the font size of the subtitles. I would like to be able to choose sometimes a larger font size.

I like to watch TV programs while I am cooking. While cooking, I am sometimes located far from the screen so it is hard to read well the subtitles. In these occasions it would be very convenient to be able to change their color and font size.

Many thanks