The Coming Soon bug

As you can see from the picture she published, the coming soon bug refers to the newly uploaded episode being available to some team members in one part of the world, while others still see it as “coming soon” and hence don’t have an available episode to work on. The difference is sometimes 24 hours before everyone in the team can see the available episode. By that time the segmenting should have long been finished and maybe even the first round of subtitles. So, it’s a real uploading issue which Viki is not addressing properly.

2 Likes

I know this problem from Angels Last Missin too. Dudie and I couldn´t see the episodes, while others could work on them nearly 21 hours before us.

2 Likes

Let me explain it so it becomes more clear.

At the time I was ranting about the bug it was because of episode 1, which has been on coming soon for more then 24 hours for me, while others could access it right after uploading. Usually when I notice I deal with the bug again the ep is up for me the next morning, which wasn’t the case with Stove Leage ep 1 at all.

It was finally up really late and at that time there was no thumbnail for ep 2 whatsoever, so I was thinking there we go again, but 2-3 hours later I spotted that there was not only a thumbnail for ep 2, it was up and I could seg it. And not only that, there was a thumbnail for ep 3 with the usual counter.

So yes, I did seg yesterday but that’s episode 2 and not episode 1. I have no idea what happened, is the bug finally fixed? Was it a mistake I was able to see it? Or… I mean the help center doesn’t work on weekends so I doubt they saw my ticket update.

2 Likes

@dudie I am happy to see that progress and hope that it would finally be fixed!

@bozoli

I get it now, thanks. That’s really messed up and I understand now why all the frustration. I’ve been waiting for a drama to have a few episodes up already, and I’m guessing that’s what’s happening there too. Well, I’m waiting for Mister with IU to be ready but all I see is Coming soon, too.

PS. My Mister has episode 1 and 2 available now.

Ah, you see, I’ve been seeing My Ahjussi available since Thursday I think. Really odd, this thing.

1 Like

Just now, I received a message from an English CE that an episode of a show is released for subbing in other languages and the episode hasn’t even appeared to me yet! I mean… What!!!
So the episode has been uploaded, segmented, subtitled, edited and released and I still can’t see it. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: Really not a bug at all…
This is getting more serious than I ever thought it was.

@tweet998 Wow, really?! Which drama was that?

At this moment Stove League is not up yet but I think now it’s a case of just uploading really late since I don’t see the blue hold on tight message.

It’s Psychopath Diary.

Still coming soon. It was supposed to come December 19th but here we are…

There’s also been another bug today, subtitles don’t get uploaded to the website for some reason… I started subbing an episode and then when I played it I couldn’t see my language. But the subs appear on the app, though. Also the English subs on the website (for me at least) are only 90% (I didn’t try watching to see whether anythings was actually missing), on the phone app, it’s a 100%.

@tweet998 I personnally can see 9 episodes are here and episode 10 is coming soon from what’s written. Maybe it’s because we’re not in the same country, I have no idea.

@deval_chloe I can see 9 too since yesterday. Episode 10 is the one that got released for subbing about 2 hours ago.
From dudie’s posts, I think that for this bug, the world is divided into America and not-America because I don’t live in Europe and it’s exactly the same for me.

1 Like

@tweet998 that’s weird indeed. I live in Europe, so I guess you’re right. It might be because divided into America and not-America. I hope it will be fixed soon.

@tweet998 Yes I just noticed it’s Psychopath ep 10 as someone asked to check. What’s happening?! That Kdrama was fine but usually up way earlier then I expect it to be and now it’s not at all? Normally I do check if there is anything left to seg when I see it’s up but yesterday I didn’t so I didn’t notice it earlier.

So the hold on tight! thing is not always a good indicator as it doesn’t always show while the coming soon bug is there.

Also the coming soon bug is back at Stove League, I just got notified that ep 3 was up to seg but nope it’s still on coming soon for me.

1 Like

And yes Viki told me it has something to do with the encoding of video files for various regions. They also told me there always has been some delay so they don’t see it as a bug. But what is it then if it was never an issue before let’s say last spring?!

Anyway I really urge people to write the help center: https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I think it only shows when the video is being segmented or not yet fully subbed. I see it all the time with new episodes (when they are actually there). But now, as I have been informed, episode 10 is now fully subbed, so there’s no “Hold on Tight!”.

Hi, I am in South America and it shows to me like that:

1 Like

Ok, now this is weird. The episode is playing just fine in the subtitle editor.

@ale_sandra99_933 Yes it should look like that for everyone in a licensed region but it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Just like @tweet998 I can get in the tools for Psychopath Diary ep 10, but why is it on coming soon then?!

1 Like

Look like the bug was running wild while I was sleeping…

Screen

2 Likes