The Devil Judge

I also think the same.

This summary contents spoilers:

Summary

The EU (and others) request clinical trials? Nice try, even if this is all fictional.

And: The really important human organs can only be used if they are completely healthy.

1 Like

Hide spoliers please

Well, I felt that (I’m talking about the character not the actress) it was somehow unlucky fitted… at the beginning we could understand the story when they were young and Ga On lost his family. But the longer it went on… it felt at times out of place or not fitting in the flow of the drama so I can see why folks including me were annoyed, not only that but she was a cop and acted always alone, this seemed also strange… so it looked like a filler or a tool for a scene. - I think the actress portrayed the character as it was supposed to be, it was not any bad acting or so. - Well also the way she was there and the guy came out and shot her was a bit awkward…

2 Likes

Sie war auch einfach nur eine Art “Treiber” für die Handlung rund um Ga-on, so wie eine Art Enzym.

Ich bin eh dagegen, Schauspieler*innen regelmäßig zu dissen, nur weil die Autoren, Regisseure oder wer auch immer ein bisschen doof sind.
Ich wundere mich nur, dass sie sich nicht öfter wehren, aber vermutlich würden sie dann als schwierig gelten.

2 Likes

What’s/Where’s the spoiler?

I was so happy and looking forward to reading a big chunk of a spoiler, and it left me hanging.

I dropped the drama a while ago bc it was totally different from what I thought the story was about. Not much to see in the end. Don’t be surprised if the ending sucks big time.

PS. Take that back the ending didn’t suck but in my opinion could have been better.

1 Like

Really is it so bad?

1 Like

It’s not bad…just

Summary

Some commenters didn’t like that it was left opened for a second season (things left hanging)

Oh then I will watch it.

1 Like

I was asked to hide spoilers when I finished my post.
Nothing earth-shattering.

I celebrated the whole series with two exceptions: How the women were portrayed once again, except Sun-ha, but I disliked her clothes, make up and so on.
And that other states are also in a dystopia and shamefully exploit poor South Korea, even if fictionally.

1 Like

I didn’t see spoiler in what you wrote. My thorn there was the religion involved/smeared in it; interpreted it in the ‘‘writers view?’’ Whomever (imo) it was very disrespectful. The judge was dressed like a priest more than a Judge. You noticed?

All religions need and deserve to be respected just bc we don’t believe in certain religious practice, it doesn’t give Anyone the right to use it all the wrong ways for their convenience, but like you said; even if it was all fiction, they exploited South Korea, religion, integrity, human values, and that is why I stopped watching bc I don’t give viewership to something I feel is so wrong in so many ways/ place/views etc.

PS. You disliked Sun-ha clothes and make up, and I really loved it. This is the first time I felt she had the right clothes and make-up (in one drama she just had burgundy red lipstick and her hair was so short she looked like a bola-chicken from my country) The one thing I didn’t like in her role was the fake way she talked; trying to sound seductive, but failed miserably…

I’m just curious but u don’t have to answer if u don’t want to: Why u didn’t like her clothing and make-up?

I didn’t watched the last 2 eps so I thought they were spoliers so I asked you to hide

1 Like

@padmalayag

You are going to be so shocked. Please, do watch it. The ending is not bad (imo). I know you really going to love the end!

1 Like

Also ich würde zum Beispiel keine solche Petition unterschreiben, um einen Charakter wegen nicht gefallen oder sonst rauszunehmen. Das wäre mir zu viel, ist auch nicht mein Drama oder meine Produktion.

Ich hab mich hier nur dem Kommentar angeschlossen, ich wusste vorher nicht, dass auch andere Zuschauer es etwas eigenartig empfunden haben wie ich. Irgendwie tat sie mir auch etwas leid, hat sie das vielleicht auch gespürt?

2 Likes

So the ending was not a surprise, how else would anyone want to have it ended. In a way good won over evil but somehow I’m not sure whether ending is to make us believe or it’s the truth??? I can only say when one door closes another opens, if you watch it you will know what I mean.

@simi11

I went and watched the ending and was very, very satisfied with it, although it made not much sense at all.

Summary

He kills people like South Korea President and his wife the First Lady, and shows up in a public place; in a conference room with so many people around, and puts his hand in the young man (shoulder). NO ONE noticed that? It was a bit too much. They sprayed the reality part way too thin. I like dramas to be as real as possible bc they can happen in real life. No matter what, justice was done. I loved that so much so I accept the ending as is.

1 Like

I just finished episode 1. Although I couldn’t even understand what was going on in the beginning, but I started enjoying the show towards the end. Especially 235 years of imprisonment

And, the TCs in episode 1 were oddly entertaing.

Screenshot_20210828-012431

Also, for the first time ever, saw a comment in Hindi.
Screenshot_20210828-013231

2 Likes

Did you take screenshots from website?

On mobile app doesn’t allow!

1 Like

The Devil Judge is a type of K-drama that not everyone likes. Thrillers are not to everyone’s taste. However, as far as I am concerned, this drama ranks number one of all the K-dramas I have watched since I started watching close to fifteen years ago.

The acting is superb, just superb. The most minor of characters is done astoundingly well. The script is phenomenal. The camera work and editing are breath-taking. The graphic design elements are arresting (no pun intended). The symbolism is deep. I cannot praise this drama enough.

These days there are so many types of visual entertainment on Viki. I would call it the largest “Asian entertainment aggregator” in the world.

It is easy for me to forget, when sampling the delights available, that not everything is the same type of entertainment or the same quality of entertainment.

To use a word picture, the Viki feast contains packages of bubble gum, bags of cheese puffs, cartons of cup noodles, blocks of tofu, rolls of gimbap, jars full of kimchi, plates piled high with bulkogi, and bottles of home-brewed, secret-recipe sweet potato soju.

And it’s hard to determine, until after piling my plate and stuffing my face and sitting and thinking about it, which dishes are the most satisfying and nourishing.

I’m almost done with The Devil Judge, and truly, to this point, it is the best of the best of all the K-dramas I have ever seen.

And I am BLOWN AWAY by the acting ability of Jinyoung. I have yet to see him in slapstick comedy or a family drama–for me the two tests of an actor’s skill. However, if he can bring to those kinds of shows the same transparency and simplicity that he has brought to The Devil Judge, he will be added to my “Freakin Genius” Posse.

1 Like

I don’t have similar situation. I can take screenshots even when the video is playing.

1 Like