The Devil Judge

android

I get like this always :frowning::expressionless: I wonder why.

2 Likes

I never ended up watching this show, when it came time to watch, I read the synopsis, and really was not going to watch anything with “thriller” as the main focus.

1 Like

Same for me on the app. The only way to screenshot is by viewing from the website, via a browser. I always select desktop view on my phone’s browser.
I suspect it might have something to do with the device we watched the how to segment, and subtitle instructions? Maybe . . . Not forgetting the most recent updates as well, as before this was never an issue for me on the Viki app.

1 Like

I love the guy, but this drama I just couldn’t get into, just like that flower of evil, just couldn’t get into it

1 Like

Oh please, don’t compare them with each other.
They are a gem of each kind.
I too love both.

3 Likes

I think you like rom coms the most, that’s why you didn’t get to finish it, and for me, i loved it, i love thrillers and the concept of drama is soo good.

I tried this too, it doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

padmalayag, not my intention to compare them. I just couldn’t get into their dramas. No I don’t care for rom coms I’d rather watch a good mystery, which I really thought those two dramas would be it.

I do like thrillers, note, the item, golden eyes,yeah even kill it,hated that ending but had to be done, also tell me what you saw, and a lot more in that type drama, maybe I am not explaining it good enough

2 Likes

Have you tried these?
these are my favourites in that genre
Mouse, sweet home, missing the other side,While you were sleeping, W - two worlds, He is psychometric,The king eternal monach.

2 Likes

now i did like those!

2 Likes

Devil Judge caught my attention because of the themes. Is revenge ever justified? Does good have the ability to overcome evil? What is truly worth sacrificing for in life?

Plus, from my perspective, it was so well plotted and unpredictable.

Not at all easy to watch, but as the story line unfolded and the various relationships among characters were revealed, it took on a sort of mythical quality for me.

It was/is probably the most emotionally challenging K-drama I’ve ever seen, but sitting through it was ultimately rewarding.

3 Likes

Absolutely loved it. I came off the back of just watching Doctor John so wanted more of Ji Sung (I do that a lot when a show finishes and I love the lead actors)

For me, it isn’t quite up there with Vincenzo (which is my joint favourite Kdrama along with Tunnel) but it is very very close. The only downer for me, is that I wanted him to take out “you know who”, himself after the way they screwed him over. Sadly wasn’t to be though.

1 Like

Frankly I wouldn’t really categorize it as a thriller. More of a social commentary on good and evil, and their blurry demarcation line, the moral dilemmas we as humans must face etc. So it’s more philosophical in nature. The main character was fascinating, and the second lead’s dilemmas were so relatable, although he became quite silly at some point. The villain girl was also brilliant, and I loved that they got rid of the stupid useless character.
I also never watch thrillers, but I loved this one. Every episode was exciting until the end, nothing dragged, and the finale was satisfying. I would recommend it to anyone.

2 Likes

I think Devil Judge was amazing. Just amazing. It had so many layers, so much symbolism. I have looked for an interview with the script writer or writers because I want to know what was behind the creation of such an astonishing drama. But I have not found one.

Loved Tunnel. Sort of like My Life Again in reverse.

2 Likes

Correction. Again My Life.

1 Like