The ending of Monthly Magazine Home

I just finished watching this drama and was surprised by all the disappointed comments in the reviews. There is no doubt the drama has flaws. The first half was a bit too slow and the ML was too mean. The character of the FL was a doormat at the beginning. It was not a fairy tale ending but the fact they were smiling together in the last scene said it all.

1 Like

Personally, That story with another male lead and female lead would have worked out so much better, but they chose the two worst people to pair as romantic couple. The ML didnā€™t know how to play the role correctly, and took it way too serious. He already has a tough serious face which I blame in all the BOTOX they put in their face.

On the other hand, the girl which I like and have seen in other roles, was too bland in her role. I swear I felt at times like she wasnā€™t there at allā€¦her physical body was, but her actress self was in the clouds. I dropped it bc I couldnā€™t get into it and I rather leave the drama then stay and hate every minute I watched it.

The ML guy Iā€™ve seen him in other dramas, and he wasnā€™t bad at all. He just couldnā€™t handle the character/role he had to play in Monthly Magazine Home drama. Maybe bc of the covid situation they avoided the kissing scenes at the end, but Iā€™ve seen actors/actresses faking a kiss very well with minimal touch. Iā€™m glad I dropped it, and Iā€™m so happy that you was satisfied with the ending and the story in general.

I liked a drama [To all the man who loved me] and so many hated the drama and the ending but i loved it. Did you see or are going to see Devil Judge? Different and crazy and the ending is explosive. No romance there though,.

1 Like

I liked him in Another Oh Hae Young! I also dropped Monthly Home Magazine! I might go back but it was not something that held my interest. I liked the Scenery and the Real Estate Concept. The houses were gorgeous and the premise about what a ā€œhomeā€ truly is - somewhere you can be comfortable was a good one! I donā€™t know the ML just wasnā€™t working for me! However, you never know I might go back and see if I might be able to finish it to give a better review. @smywu_66

I loved the 2nd male lead interest photographer - I think he would have been a better choice for ML in this one.

2 Likes

Have not started Devil judge but will once I finish My roommate is a Gumiho.

1 Like

@kdrama2020ali

Thatā€™s whatā€™s so annoying to me sometimes that the second lead is so perfect for female lead; and I see nothing wrong with leaving that jerk CEO boss, and staying with the nice guy (even if heā€™s not a CEO).

Thatā€™s why I mainly dropped it bc if I see a second lead I know will lose to the CEO, Iā€™m out. Iā€™m so FEDUP of those same story plot that Iā€™m not having it anymore. Iā€™m not feeding into those ridiculous writers that canā€™t be more creative, and give the story a great turnaround for the viewers when the CEO attitude is so ugly and the second lead melts our hearts.

PS. I hope the kissing was not left out just bc heā€™s ā€˜ā€˜marriedā€™ā€™
An actor needs to be an actor before anything else bc: Who doesnā€™t know those kisses are fake.

1 Like

Itā€™s totally different and is definitely not romantic at all so Iā€™m just hoping you like the variety that drama has from beginning til the end. Is a rollercoaster of actions, emotions and a great ending outcome.

Generally I liked the drama, but Iā€™m really tired of the episode 11/12 blues where the main couple breaks up for no reason just to break up/separate again until the very last 5 minutes of the show arrivedā€¦ is there anyone who likes this repetitive endings? And is there anyone who would break up over smt like this? Theyā€™re just damn annoying, and Iā€™ve seen too many of these.

However, I liked the side characters. Usually, I donā€™t care much about them, but here I liked them, actually. And there were some quite funny scenes as well.

1 Like

Me too so predictable! I donā€™t think that is going to happen is Distance Spring is Green and Iā€™m so happy! Have to see as Iā€™m on the last episode

1 Like

Itā€™s a pity that many shows go for such an ending. There are some I liked a lot, but the ending just sucked a lot.

2 Likes

This is the pattern with almost ALL k-dramas I see. They start the romance and the loving kiss, and they are so happy together and then, BOOM! for/bc of the most insignificant thing they break up, and donā€™t make up until at least the last 2 episodes. I can name so many here, but it serves no purpose bc these writers have no intention of changing. The one that drives me crazy, and they finally stopped adding it lately: They decide to go to the ā€˜ā€˜STATESā€™ā€™ to study not for 1 yearā€¦no, but for 3 years! What crap is that? There was never any need for that in the first place. Thank goodness that we have variety of dramas/movies, and if you are lucky other sources to find the different drama that catches our devoted attention.

2 Likes

That made me so mad in Coffee Prince - Like GONG YOO was gonna be alone for 3 years!!! WHAT

2 Likes

[She was Pretty] did that too, she left somewhere; when they where the most in love. Ughā€¦I really hate that lol

2 Likes

I was waiting for that to happen in 30 But 17 and nearly died laughing when she suddenly changes her mind while writing her farewell letter to ML :joy::joy: ML was so depressed and had been crying for two whole days for no real reasonā€¦ the way he looked so shocked and confusedā€¦ that scene was priceless!

1 Like