The Great Queen Seondeok is unlicensed/gone off Viki

Hi, I would like to alert everyone that QSD is now not here, but it’s still on KoCoWa’s website. I thought that buying KCW membership would allow it to still be on here. Anyone know how we can get them to bring it back?

I thought perhaps it’s handled differently due to the ban on the show because of the Korean court ruling regarding the writing/plot that happened. But that was a while ago, so it wouldn’t make sense now to be the issue!

How can we communicate with Viki+Kocowa?

3 Likes

… are two different pairs of shoes.

In general, Kocowa is the merger of the 3 big broadcaster from South Korea - KBS, MBC and SBS, for the sole purpose of generating money by streaming their own content on their own streaming side.

Viki is nothing more than a streaming platform that is paying for licenses their content is from multiple countries and multiple broadcasters/creators. We can assume that most of these licenses are limited temporarily, but we (the audience) can never know about the time limit. Viki announced several times it would find a way to let viewers know, just to not succeed at this point at the end for whatever reason.

As for Queen Seon Deok it feels like a big loss for me, but it wasn’t available at this side of the ocean (Europe) for quite some time now and although it might have its fans, it is now 12 years (already?), but I guess streaming number for this long and epic drama just didn’t add up. Some viewers just do not watch historical, long and older dramas …

Actually for me this was the drama that brought me to Viki, without this one I would never have been on this platform.

The only thing you can do at Viki is this:
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

5 Likes

The more I learn about the inner workings of Viki, the more I struggle to be a Christian. So I focus on the Community, the wonderful people whom I’ve come to know and love. :smiley:

1 Like

Also I would like to add that Vikipass Plus gives access to SOME Kocowa content, not all of it!

Actually for me this was the drama that brought me to Viki, without this one I would never have been on this platform.

Me too! I was hoping to spread the word so some folks could request it, but from the other replies it seems like no one understood my intention, haha

1 Like