The new info box, WHY?

Did you click on the Dismiss button as shown in @leerla73 screenshot? That cleared it all for me until the next notification.

4 Likes

Yup. Still waiting and wondering if it’ll ever happen… :thinking: :timer_clock:

5 Likes

The Viki Mail on our Viki profile, that platform is likely Disqus, not Discourse. Uhm! What’s with the ‘dis’ in these parent platforms? Ijs.

2 Likes

TD and comments are Disqus, but I’m pretty sure VikiMail is Viki’s own creation. I mean, how else would you explain that it never undergoes any improvement? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

True! :smile: :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t even have that dismiss button.

If I go to my general notifications dashboard (Profile - irmar - Viki Discussions), there is the “Filter by unread”, but it only functions for that specific page. The info box doesn’t get emptied/decluttered.

7 Likes

yup, it disappeared on my page now as well, maybe it was a special offer to dismiss them for a limited time :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

You do not seem to have anything unnoticed or unread, maybe the button is only there when there is actually something to dismiss.

Edit: So now I can confirm the dismiss-button is only available if there is something left to notice or read and to dismiss only takes away the “blue bars and numbers” but is not for deleting any notification.

7 Likes

oh, i think you are right. i just got it back when i had a like to check.
good, at least the new system works :grinning: :grinning:

7 Likes

I call it now a “clutterbox” cos you can’s delete old stuff, this is a data clutterbox, I haven’t seen before… I hate it, what is the purpose to keep old stuff there???
Filter by Read: All years, I’d say in my case almost 10 of keeping all the hearts and responses in this box… what does it do? what is the benefit??? “Quo Vadis”??? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

4 Likes

I just want to cry right now, they showed me your reply/post here 3 times :sob: :sob:
seriously, they keep giving me that there is a new reply on the topic & when i open it, i find the same post, i don’t mind reading your post 100 times but it’s not necessary to give me a 3 notifications in a row about it :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

That’s strange… I can’t figure it out :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh, dearies!
So I open the thing look it over, get over it with my mouse while I press the button the list is shifting, what I was actually aiming for is no longer what I will get, and I am “landing” at some other topic or my profile because of multiple likes. Argh!

5 Likes

That’s probably because you and @simi11 replied to each other in close succession over in the guess the emoji topic. It groups these rapid activities into one notification. I noticed that when the same person hearted about 4 of my post in succession. Clicking on the notification brought me to the same area (often with very short posts of 1 sentence like Guess again). but it just flashed the post with a very short pulse of light blue to highlight the post hearted and it did look like it was taking me to the same post because it was in the same grouped notification.

3 Likes

I don’t think that was what happened with me, for me, it showed me her reply in my inbox then the main discussion page gave a blue notification 2 times indicates that there was a new reply to the topic but it was the same reply.
I think it’s probably a glitch but it was a weird one lol.

3 Likes

Ohhh, this was an update??? I was so confused! I kept getting so many notifications and a bunch were old ones. :joy:

5 Likes