The new info box, WHY?

I’m receiving likes & replies i got & checked before, i don’t know what’s happening now, i simply can’t tell what’s recent & what is not any more :sob: :sob: :sob:.

12 Likes

I’m beginning to find my way Give it time, your familiar wires will adapt.

8 Likes

you think :rofl: :rofl:, right now i’m checking 49 old likes to understand where are the new ones & reply to them :sob: :sob: :sob:

at this point, i think they are aiming to burn our wires :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

You can clear them with the Dismiss tick button near the bottom of the notifications dropdown (depending if you’re looking at it from the side) I pressed it so I can’t show you it as it’s gone until the next new notification!

6 Likes

That’s old! :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Well it certainly confused me when it had that blue new notification number and it lead me to a badge I got back in 2020! And there’s me thinking I had got another new badge.

9 Likes

I honestly didn’t want to press it in case it dismiss the new ones as well, i just wasn’t sure how this works.
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Excatly, i kept getting notifications about likes, replies & badges i got & checked already months ago.

5 Likes

Greedy badger! :laughing: :rofl:

7 Likes

It does dismiss the recent ones up to the time you press the button, but at least it clears it for the next latest notification.

6 Likes

This side. . .

5 Likes

I only mentioned the side notifications as it’s also a “new feature” in the profile area as an extra row that wasn’t there about a week or two ago when I last looked.

5 Likes

Trust me, it wasn’t there yesterday. :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl:

I see that “Dismiss” now, that new row.

I hope they’ll re-size the posting box, so it’ll stop playing Jack, and the Beanstalk. :seedling::unicorn:

5 Likes

I had just gotten used to the last update of the Discussions inbox and now they are changing it again. Don’t they have anything better to do? If they like to work on inboxes that much, our VikiMail could use some improvement. But even that is not the most urgent matter to take care of right now.

8 Likes

yes, i definitely need the sent messages icon back but i agree, that’s not urgent at all

6 Likes

Some changes are made because of Discourse updates.

It’s not Viki doing that, it’s Discourse.
Viki is probably just updating their Discourse version.

If you want to change something on Discussions, it’s best to just visit Discourse directly.

EDIT: Also you can read their site to see, how things work (or should be working) and what is coming :grin:

10 Likes

I agree. If you’re quick, :unicorn: you’ll notice the Umpa Lumpas working in the background.

4 Likes

oh, i didn’t mean that. she was talking about VikiMail so i were saying that our mail need the old sent messages icon to be back.

5 Likes

LOL my oldest was 2014 I guess an older topic that was closed by Viki back then … Like we Germans like to say “… and in China a sack of rice fell over.”

Do you know an equal saying or know the meaning?

5 Likes

I clicked on dismiss and notifications all still there, how do I delete old stuff, the dismiss on my info box is now gray and I can’t use it, anyone an idea, or I can’t just see it?? :jigsaw: :thinking:

It is just cluttering data, just why collecting all history?? @vikicommunity @brendas

I cannot use this button??

4 Likes