The odd things K-Dramas taught me about Korea!

I haven’t seen it. Would you recommend it?

“Guardian” is on my to watch list.

The shows that are not from Korea, Japan, China or Taiwan are very well hidden on Viki.
There seem to be 19 Thai shows, only about 4 of which I can actually watch:

https://www.viki.com/explore?country=thailand&sort=average_rating

And 5 from Singapore, none of them available for me:

https://www.viki.com/explore?country=singapore&sort=average_rating

And I watched one other Thai show on NF. Nice, until the way to abrupt end spoiled it all.

3 Likes

wish they would show some Japanese , Spanish, more taiwanese, British, Australian, and other worldwide dramas!

3 Likes

Yes! There’s one Finnish movie, but it’s not available in my area. :frowning:

We do have a new Taiwanese show:

And an upcoming Japanese one:

3 Likes

hopefully that is or will be here!

1 Like

How young people bow slightly when answering phone call from elder person…even though they wouldn’t be seen doing so!

7 Likes

My in laws are raving about some British network they subscribe to ( I think it’s with comcast) but it will be nice if Viki will be a “one stop shop” though.

2 Likes

Yes “Dream High” is definitely an Idol Drama! I liked the first season better than “Dream High 2” but watched the 2nd because of the first one. I had originally not planned to watch it at all but I had seen some of the actors in another shows and ended up enjoying it too

And yes, that theme is definitely repeated a lot - the couple is happy and then uncovers something from the past… they are mad/upset for 5-8 episodes and then make up. ><

2 Likes

I would absolutely recommend “Better Man” - it was one of those super long dramas that actually kept me engaged. I started watching it not sure if I would like it and the relationship between the brothers absolutely made the show. Now I kind of want to go back and watch it again. There were obviously some parts I didn’t like (but I don’t want to spoil anything). It’s very relationship/family/romance focused. It’s lighthearted for the most part and enjoyable to watch.

1 Like

It’s like you were reading my mind - I just looked at “Falling Into You” and had it on my watch list.

“Noble Boys” sounds interesting so I will give it a try when it comes out.

1 Like

I was! :wink:
Or at least I would be if we were characters in a drama … :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I started watching Dream High 2 (because of Park Seo Joon) but I wasn’t able to finish it but I really enjoyed DH1. I’m also starting to pick up on IU - I like her voice.

@choitrio - thank you for the recommendation. I enjoyed Mysterious Freshman and it was cool to see your name in the subtitle credits. That Bamboo Forest I wonder if it’s the same one in King Eternal Monarch.

3 Likes

I am glad you liked Mysterious Freshman. You might be right about the bamboo forest. I will have to go back and check on the King. I really like IU’s voice too and she seems to have grown as an actress as well. I thought she did a really good job in My Mister.

3 Likes

I started watching “Page Turner” and like it so far - I just finished a drama with the main girl in it, too, though I’ve already watched quite a few shows she’s been in so I think I will enjoy it! My computer crashed so I had to wait for a new one, which just came today. I could have used the other computer or my phone… but just took a break from shows instead.

2 Likes

Happy viewing! If you are okay with zombies, I would highly recommend Zombie Detective. I just finished translating the first two episodes and it is hilarious.

5 Likes

Zombie Detective? That sounds hilarious!! I was just talking with a friend about how in zombie movies sometimes you gotta cheer the zombies on when they attack people because the people are so annoying. LOL

2 Likes

oh it ,is so funny! zombie detective.

4 Likes

Some of my favorite J-Dramas are no longer licensed, but if you’re looking for one that will definitely bring some laughs with its blunt-spoken female lead, I’d suggest checking out Your Home is My Business.

6 Likes

Ok I started watching Zombie Detective - I’m glad the new episodes are not available right away else life gets in the way of my watching K dramas :grin:. Pretty good so far and it is hilarious. Thank you again for the recommendation.

4 Likes

Isn’t it the other way around? K-dramas getting in the way of life? Lol. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I am so glad you are enjoying Zombie Detective. It takes extra effort but I tried to make sure that the humor does not get lost in the translation. After 2 days of translating over 1000 subtitles, I think I was starting to look like a zombie. Lol.

7 Likes