The South Korean Entertainment Industry Needs To Either Shape Up Or Ship Out

Don’t quote me or anything, but I personally believe that God is phasing out all these “macho manly men” in favour of caring people who aren’t afraid to share their feelings. Umm… My father never had a heart-to-heart conversation with me. I don’t think he even had any feelings. He was just a big brute. I’m ashamed to say that, for a short period, I thought I had to be just like him. I’ll never ever be like him! As men, our sole purpose is to take care of others, not hurt them with our aggression. So I’m glad God is phasing us out. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

PS: It’s good you got rid of him. I hope you’re happy now. You deserve to be happy. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much sweet angel @adrianmorales. That’s the best thing that can happen to anyone; I chose the: ‘‘It’s better to be alone than in bad company.’’ But I’m already over the hill, and I did tried a second time to find happiness (it was good while it lasted 17 yrs around) so I’m very happy in my life although going through hurdles that come along the way…:wink:

2 Likes

In her statement, former April member Hyunjoo wrote that her agency has refused to end her contract while at the same time denying her any work whatsoever. They are literally starving her in order to punish her for speaking up against the injustices she suffered as a debutante. How utterly disgusting is this? Clearly, the SK entertainment industry is refusing to shape up. They won’t ship out, either, because of all the money involved, mostly coming from so-called “fans” who support this toxic industry. It’s a never-ending cycle of abuse. But we have to break it somehow. Does anyone know how to operate heavy machinery?! :grimacing: :weary:

“At the moment, all my activities through my agency have been halted, and any new work that has been offered to me has been one-sidedly rejected without consulting me. The agency has also stated that they cannot terminate my exclusive contract.”
(excerpt from Hyunjoo’s official statement https://www.soompi.com/article/1464684wpp/former-april-member-hyunjoo-shares-personal-statement-on-alleged-bullying-by-bandmates)

1 Like

She needs to read her contract, what agency can and cannot do, if it’s not clear, consult a lawyer, this is a work hindrance and should not be allowed by law if there is such. - Korea needs such laws that would prevent agencies doing discriminating acts and loss of income!

4 Likes

Agreed! It seems to me that these agencies are operating above the law. They need to be taken down a peg or two…

3 Likes

@helenama73_911

Haven’t seen you around in a while. Be safe…

PS. So weird it says 4 months later, but her comment is from back in October 2019, and exactly in 2 months this will be 2 years ago not 4 months ago… What’s going on in here?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@adrianmorales Your post is back! Now I understand when you said your post were deleted a while back (this one was one of them, right?)

1 Like

Your post is the next one after Adrian’s post which was 20th April 2021. Not to the post that you replied to.

2 Likes

@ninjas_with_onions

I was talking/writing to @helenama73_911 her post was from back in 2019 not to @adrianmorales. See above ^^^^

But I see what you mean is 4 months from @adrianmorales posting; so I though it would say almost 2 years from @helenama73_911 post, but I see now. But you got what I was trying to say, right? :joy:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. Your post is tacked onto the end of the topic. The 4 months later is counted from the time the last post was posted (Adrian’s) even though you were replying to a post that was posted back in 2019 your reply to that post is still tacked onto the end to the topic.

1 Like

@ninjas_with_onions

Got it, Sir. Ninja! lmao. Thanks for helping me understand. I thought the post was from April 2020. But you are right!!!

I honestly can’t keep up with this place…::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Ah it has been a while! I took a break from media for a while for some needed rest, as well as a break from Kdramas. Slowly but surely I’m starting to get back into watching Korean movies that have been on my watchlist for years. My senior year of university starts on Monday, so I’m mentally prepping for the hectic schedule that will take over my life for the next several months :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@helenama73_911

OMG so happy you are already at Senior year in College, and it will be very hectic and hard, but I know that you will go through it with flying colors. You have the brains, and I loved talking/writing to you. I am so happy you are doing fine, and I’m still around here; ALIVE lol

Hope to keep seeing you around, and keep us posted of your progress in College. I’m so thankful you students can start having some normalcy in schools, College etc.:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Let’s celebrate!

2 Likes

thank you very much! I was so surprised when I got your notification! My first thought was, “someone remembered me!” :smile:

I’ll try and post more often now that I’m feeling rested :grin:

1 Like

Nah, it just fell through the cracks, that’s all. You see, nobody wants to know how the salami is made. And should you tell them, people will become upset not with the ones making the bad salami, but with you, for spoiling the pleasure of enjoying a bad salami. It seems that everyone is OK with how things are, so at one point or another, you just have to let it go. After all, why should I be the bad guy who spoils things? It’s just a shame that so many young and super talented people have to perish needlessly on the sacrificial altar of entertainment…

1 Like

@adrianmorales

Call me slow…you mean the post was around here all this time?

I saw something fishy here around 4 am someone was doing EDITS to one of my post when I clicked on the edit word, it took me to the edited thing a post that a staff from here (I have no problem with that) I’m guessing was editing (a video was removed). The word ‘‘EDIT’’ disappeared now from my page. Today,

I saw another thread/post (not this one) that I thought was ‘‘deleted?’’ removed?’’ But is back in here. So many weird things going on around in here. As long as is not a ghost …I’m terrified of ghost bc they are really scary to deal with. You see something woke me up around that time to go and check that specific page and I don’t know why…scary sh*t.

1 Like

Sure was. Viki doesn’t delete posts unless asked to do so. Well… They will close them should they become… Ughhh… ‘Too popular.’ They did it with my shower scene post. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@adrianmorales

Sure was. Viki doesn’t delete posts unless asked to do so. Well… They will close them should they become… Ughhh… ‘Too popular.’ They did it with my shower scene post

I told you something really ‘‘weird’’ is going around here because your shower post is back!

BTW, did you noticed they removed the ‘‘new policies/changes’’ done back around the time of the pandemic? A staff member that made these new rules making most post as breaking the guidelines rules here at RViki.com? I knew this was coming for some unknown reason. I’m glad your post is back! But I honestly don’t remember seeing it before, and I just read it all now.

1 Like

Oh my… I can’t believe Democracy and Free Speech have returned to Viki. Also, there are more Korean titles than ever before, including a bunch of BL ones.
Plus, the mobile app is fixed, fluid and slick too.
What is going on here? Since when did Viki become so awesome? I shouldn’t ask, though. I should just be grateful.

Thank you, Viki !!

1 Like

@adrianmorales

Finally; fairness to ALL. I guess the control is sliding off their hand; which is only fair.
Btw, I predicted changes were coming.

1 Like