I know what a Masala Chai (Latte) is :wink:

3 Likes
  • savoury food
  • sweet food

0 voters

What do you prefer?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I didn’t think that this question will took all this buzz :joy:

I meant it just as Mary said, but let’s say it is team tea vs team coffee in general! :sunglasses:

I’m into sweets, and more likely into any unhealthy food :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I’m the opposite , i love savoury & spicy food lol
i may add it to sweets if i’m allowed to , just kidding :joy::joy::joy:
but seriously, i’m the type who needs to eat something salty if i ate some something sweet to break the sweetness

3 Likes

I saw this movie yesterday and was reminded of this again :rofl:
The video starts just before the clip I mean :joy:

3 Likes

PPL stands for product placement in dramas. They are usually very easy to spot.
If you had to choose which one you enjoy watching most:

• Make Up PPL
  • Vacuum PPL

0 voters

More on PPL here:

3 Likes

I don’t mind when it’s quick or discreet. But when the characters start talking about it for a long time, I find it annoying. I remember an obsession about coffee mix, it was in almost every drama.

6 Likes

I prefer food and beverages :joy:

3 Likes

Boys over flowers (2009 korean version)

1 Like

Legend of the blue sea

1 Like

You mean the Subway ones? :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

PPL are ridiculous tbh , especially when the character all out of sudden start acting tired then another character offers these anti-buffness sticks (not sure what they are for) lol , or they go to visit the grandma & give her these joint supplement.
it feels like they built the whole scene over that product.
i thought that only happens in K-dramas, maybe bcoz i watch it the most, but i’ve watched a Taiwanese drama where there a product at every turn, the AC, the coffee mix, the vacuum, i felt like i’m watching a very long commercial lol

3 Likes

I am so happy with these results! Hahaha! A lot of people around me are coffee drinkers (Just FYI, it’s fixed now, but I made a typo here and it said “drinks” and it made me laugh so much that I had to point it out in parantheses), but I’m very much into tea, so they do not understand. :joy:

If you haven’t seen “Welcome to Waikiki”, I highly recommend it. They dedicated half an episode to making fun of this exact thing. One of the characters is an actor and he finally got this important part, but the director had forgotten a bunch of the product placement, so he kept putting it in all his scenes making all of them nonsensical and ridiculous. It was so funny.

It also kind of reminds of “Meteor Garden”, because that last segment was literally just a bunch of ads strung together. :joy:

Also, in terms of ridiculous product placement, I remember a lot of dramas had those products for women in little packets and they kept gifting them to each other. For energy or something? I still wonder what they even were. They made them out to seem so important as if they would be a part of the story. Whatever company that was, they paid super well, it seems. And the coffee chewing gum! They literally stopped the entire plot in “Hometown Cha Cha Cha” to advertise that chewing gum. :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

you probably mean that candy, Kopiko Candy. they suddenly appeared in the K-drama Little women & everyone were chewing them while talking about how they wake them up & make them concentrate lol

2 Likes

I kind of have to appreciate any drama that incorporates their PPL in such a way as to make it a meta joke. For example, in “Melo is My Nature.” Part of the plot is that they are producing a drama, so the PPL for the drama within the drama becomes the PPL for the drama. Is that confusing enough for you? But it’s quite funny how it plays out.

4 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

• Korean fried chicken :poultry_leg: :poultry_leg:
  • Ramyun :ramen: :ramen:

0 voters

2 Likes

Yes, exactly those! It was so funny to me. They just literally stopped the drama and it turned into a commercial for a second. Not even trying to be subtle. I’m not gonna lie, it was so ridiculous, I kind of liked it. It added an unplanned comedic touch. It also kind of made me want to try the candy too, so mission successful, I guess. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Ooooh, I love those jokes. I think I’m going to put this drama on my list to watch just for this. They did a very similar thing in “My Fated Boy”. The characters watched a drama called “My Neighbor Can’t Sleep” and raved about the ML of that drama. The actor even made a cameo. At first I thought it was just in-universe, but then I googled it and it turned out it was an actual drama, made by the same people, and they were just advertising it. Very clever. :joy:

3 Likes

I also wanted to try it but i love coffee :slight_smile:
in Little woman, it was weird esp. because of the drama’s nature, i mean imagine watching a drama about a killing mystery & revenge, etc & suddenly everyone is just tired & had to chew that candy to wake up & concentrate.
it was also almost half way through the episodes so i felt like they forgot they should promote it & suddenly remembered so they decided to concentrate the commercial scenes or something lol

2 Likes

Hahahaha! It sounds very much like the scene in “Welcome to Waikiki”. Sometimes they really add in random product placement that it can end up taking you out of the drama and it’s hilarious. I would love to see a historical drama try to promote a modern product, though. Like those behind the scenes pictures where you see them dressed in the historical outfits and holding a tablet or something. Imagine if in the drama itself, someone just takes out a soda bottle or something. Those type of weird jokes are my favorite and I think I’d rate it 10 points just for that. :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes