This Or That (Game)

My reasoning exactly.

3 Likes

Thanks, guys! I’ll check them out! Now that I think about it, I’ve actually had “3 Idiots” on my list for the longest time, but I kind of forgot about it. I’ll definitely check it out again. :heart:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because they know their folklore and mythology better than us, so it’s possible that as an international audience some of the nuances of those dramas also fly over our heads? Or I could be overthinking this and it could also just be taste and what each person is used to. But I can understand why they like that particular one the most, though. That one was amazing. Although, unpopular opinion, I disliked Ye Hua as an ML. But the story itself was fantastic and even though it was long, I never lost interest. I was also so invested in the second couple’s storyline. Dong Hua was… something else. I’ve never seen such an elegant man in my entire life and his whole character was so regal. And Feng Jiu was so funny. They were a bit of an odd pairing, but it was such a good story. Surprisingly their story was one of the stories where I didn’t mind that they didn’t get a happy ending, because it was just so well written. When he called her “Jiu’er” when she got hurt like he used to in their human life, though… Ughhh, chills. But I’d be lying if I said that the fact that they had a happy ending in the book and sequel didn’t help. I especially enjoyed the sequel and the comedic tone that it took.

2 Likes

I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion. Ppl regularly throw shade at him in different places :joy:. Sometimes it’s something along the lines of “See Yehua, this is how you protect your woman.” :joy_cat: I’ve seen this Timed comment a lot in different dramas.

3 Likes

Hahaha! Good! As they should! I erroneously thought that since the drama is popular, he was popular as an ML. I’m glad that’s not the case. I mean, the guy took her eyes. I couldn’t forgive him for that. I guess he kind of atoned by sacrificing himself and dying for her. But it’s funny, because I was so mad at what he did before that even him literally dying couldn’t get me to forgive him. When she came back in her goddess form and didn’t give him the time of day after that whole injustice that was done to her, I was like, “You go, girl!” He was such a disappointment in terms of that “protector ML” trope. I completely agree with all those timed comments. :joy:

3 Likes

I thought of some more polls to add…

Let’s see what we think.

• K-Pop
  • J-Pop
  • C-Pop

0 voters

And this one is for the subbers… I was surprised to find my love for translating lyrics, since I never thought I could write poetry and therefore I thought that I couldn’t translate poetry either, so I want to see what everyone else thinks. :smile:

• Translating dialogue
  • Translating song lyrics

0 voters

4 Likes

I thought I was the only one. :laughing:

3 Likes

Me too! But it turns out there’s many of us. :joy:

3 Likes

Let’s do not related to screens poll

• Milk Tea “Chai” :teapot:
  • Coffee :coffee:

0 voters

4 Likes

Isn’t tea the same as chai though?
So Milk tea tea? :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:
Or did you mean milk tea / chai / cha?
Lol, am overthinking this one :joy:

4 Likes

i took it as she meant the Hindi chai which is tea+ milk not tea alone hence Milk Tea “Chai”
i guess i’m over-overthinking :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

now my question, is it milk coffee or just coffee because i’m team milk coffee lol

3 Likes

In France, Chai tea is an Indian tea with spices. It is called “Chai tea” to distinguish it from other teas.
You can order a Chai Tea Latte for example.

3 Likes

I am Team Latte. :coffee: or “café crème”.

3 Likes

now that’s weird because the Hindi chai as i mentioned is tea+ milk
& there is tea then Latte which is milk so you basically order (milk tea tea milk) :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I meant the literal translation of chai = tea :joy:
I was told by friends that saying chai tea is like saying tea tea :joy:
I know what a Masala Chai (Latte) is :wink:

3 Likes
  • savoury food
  • sweet food

0 voters

What do you prefer?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I didn’t think that this question will took all this buzz :joy:

I meant it just as Mary said, but let’s say it is team tea vs team coffee in general! :sunglasses:

I’m into sweets, and more likely into any unhealthy food :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I’m the opposite , i love savoury & spicy food lol
i may add it to sweets if i’m allowed to , just kidding :joy::joy::joy:
but seriously, i’m the type who needs to eat something salty if i ate some something sweet to break the sweetness

3 Likes

I saw this movie yesterday and was reminded of this again :rofl:
The video starts just before the clip I mean :joy:

3 Likes