This Or That (Game)

No, I mean wash my laundry by hand and it takes hours to do it… And I don’t have a dishwasher either that wouldn’t work in my old kitchen…

4 Likes

Wow, that’s hardcore :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

A mom sends her first child on a trip away, for a week, for the first time.

Summary

Inspiration for this poll is in the first 6 to 8 minutes of entire video! The rest of the video is pretty inspiring. It’s a snap of living in the present. - Enjoy!
https://youtu.be/SlE6VFQEwsE?feature=shared

• Hide your emotions in public
  • Show your emotions in public
  • Let your emotions out in private
0 voters
1 Like

Where do you prefer the warning that you need to renew your QC status to appear?

• On your dashboard
  • On your profile
0 voters
5 Likes

Mirjam, it looked about like this one, at least it removed the excess water :rofl:

4 Likes

Ah, that might be what we used to call a centrifuge…

2 Likes

I was just thinking about “Business Proposal” while choosing the “Second Male Lead” :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Weird this or that, but I am curious :sweat_smile:
Which do you prefer in a drama::

• Mostly FL crying
  • Mostly ML crying
0 voters
1 Like

I have somewhat of a problem with women crying hysterically (there are a few in Chinese dramas).

3 Likes
  • Volunteering on Viki
  • Getting paid to choose the CMs
0 voters

Same, I have a problem with it because it’s like the directors are obsessed with making the FL cry as much as possible and it’s very apparent with certain actresses (especially in Cdramas) :sweat_smile:

It annoys me when the character certainly could’ve avoided the situation that lead to them crying (they have shown that they can), but the directors / writers wanted to put in the scene because they wanted to see her cry :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

As a subtitler I can ignore it but as a segger trying to hear if there are words in it…

I totally agree, and I don’t get it… Why would anyone want to see someone crying for 3minutes…

5 Likes

I guess that’s the biggest disadvantage of segmenting: you are forced to hear every single sound, from the drama as well as your surroundings (at least I have never come across any earplugs/headphones that would completely shut out the outside world). Generally, I work on any kind of show from any country. But, please, spare me from an overload of the kind of “plopping” sounds some people think are necessary to accompany computer-related scenes and any kind of toilet “humor.”

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OMG never went through that, but if I ever did, it would be such a disgusting experience to have to go through. I have noticed Asian writers don’t have a clue what can be funny without falling into such vulgarity. You are one dedicated volunteer. I hope they appreciate that from you.

2 Likes

When I started segmenting I needed complete silence to fully focus and not miss any sound, especially the 1st hint of voice. But after years of segmenting I somehow learnt to zone out from my surroundings, so if it’s not too loud it doesn’t bother me.

4 Likes

Complete silence is a rare luxury nowadays and not all sounds bother me but I can’t escape the disturbing ones.

4 Likes

True, that is annoying. It makes me feel bad for those who have to translate it :see_no_evil:.

Still, the most disturbing ones are murder or very violent scenes which you have to keep replaying because of course they are talking while it happens and of course the sound editor (or due to technical issues) made the background noise as loud as the dialogue :neutral_face::expressionless:.

I think I know which ones you mean, but do you have an example? :joy:

3 Likes

Some of the trailers of HIStory 4 had it, too, to the point that I would turn off the sound during editing, but it has so many trailers that I can’t find them back now.

2 Likes